British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

Can't see mason making any progress, Warwick will always do a good job. Owen should get a bit better. Dugard and wood are unknown along with the new 5 pointer. Andrews should improve so looking on paper a good side but need to be on the game at home and away.

I received the Eastbourne Tourist Guide for 2015 this morning . There is not one word about the Speedway there but most other sports seem to be covered. How do they expect people to go to Arlington if it's not even in the tourist guide?

• Like 1

I received the Eastbourne Tourist Guide for 2015 this morning . There is not one word about the Speedway there but most other sports seem to be covered. How do they expect people to go to Arlington if it's not even in the tourist guide?

Maybe because it's not in Eastbourne?

• Like 2

Maybe because it's not in Eastbourne?

Yes thats right but its only about 7 miles away..... and if you are named after the town!

• Like 1

Mick your right they have missed out there, but i did have a look and found it on the Eastbourne Tourist information,

http://www.visiteastbourne.com

Then go to things to do there is a bit about speedway.

Unless they have bigger plans to get it out there, not sure what they are going to do maybe jump a bus on the seafront with a speedway bike.

well lets see whats going to happen, Maybe the new sponsor is a radio or TVs company?

But of course you could be wrong Mick as there is an Enhanced listings guide for Eastbourne that comes out in April maybe you will see it in there.

Edited by catinthehat

Rather a silly answer as there is a quarter page about Arlington Village being an ideal spot to visit

Rather a silly original statement then, leaving out a fairly salient point in your favour.

You see, in Walthamstow we don't get the Eastbourne Tourist Guide, a strange oversight I know. Oh, and my comment was a question BTW.

Speedway is more and more becoming like a club run for members and which includes in our case a few spectators.

Local clubs have a piece in our parish magazine but that's about the extent of it...

Edited by Mike.Butler

Your dead right Mike but look at the 99% of speedway tracks find it hard to pay the bills with out the help of sponsors,

To get advertising that we think will pull in more people is not cost effective, to run a radio ad in the UK is about £1000 for 7 days with a burst of 7 ads, You cant choose your times they are all done on a rotor, so 25% of them in the Early hours the graveyard shift while musts of us are in bed asleep.

So lets say £1000 for radio ad, This then needs an extra 83 people at NL level for the next meeting that’s a full coach load and a half of extra people just to get your money back. You need 84 new people to make a profit?
So what’s the next best thing to get it out there to the public that’s cheap enough that we can all help with? Some give £2 to charity month some give more than that but if we give £12 we can all save speedway at the NL Level. Just bring a mate that’s never been to speedway before.

Its Easy just take a mate that’s never been before, Offer to pay for them entrance fee and they can pay for a burger or hotdog and a drink so you almost get your money back J. If 42 people did this then that’s £504. That’s the difference Radio ad is not the cost effective, Media and facebook and other social media is the way to go with younger generation.

If anyone has a way to get over to 1000’s of non speedway fans it would be nice to see what others think

Your dead right Mike but look at the 99% of speedway tracks find it hard to pay the bills with out the help of sponsors,

To get advertising that we think will pull in more people is not cost effective, to run a radio ad in the UK is about £1000 for 7 days with a burst of 7 ads, You cant choose your times they are all done on a rotor, so 25% of them in the Early hours the graveyard shift while musts of us are in bed asleep.

So lets say £1000 for radio ad, This then needs an extra 83 people at NL level for the next meeting that’s a full coach load and a half of extra people just to get your money back. You need 84 new people to make a profit?

So what’s the next best thing to get it out there to the public that’s cheap enough that we can all help with? Some give £2 to charity month some give more than that but if we give £12 we can all save speedway at the NL Level. Just bring a mate that’s never been to speedway before.

Its Easy just take a mate that’s never been before, Offer to pay for them entrance fee and they can pay for a burger or hotdog and a drink so you almost get your money back J. If 42 people did this then that’s £504. That’s the difference Radio ad is not the cost effective, Media and facebook and other social media is the way to go with younger generation.

If anyone has a way to get over to 1000’s of non speedway fans it would be nice to see what others think

What can be added to the above, is that the "reach" of local radio advertising is often very low.

Many radio stations may reach only five per cent of the people living in their transmission area.

And then those five per cent may not be your (speedway) target audience. For example, some stations have a target audience of a 37-year-old mum on the school run.

Anyone seen the photos of Georgie Wood?! Think hes going to be something special!

From the videos apart from Perks I think Eastbourne have the best reserve pairing in the league

• Like 1

He does look pretty decent if they can find some improvement in warwick and owen then eagles could be a force who knows

Anyone seen the photos of Georgie Wood?! Think hes going to be something special! From the videos apart from Perks I think Eastbourne have the best reserve pairing in the league

If they hadn't done slow mo then would have got full effect but he looked good leaving the corner!

He does look pretty decent if they can find some improvement in warwick and owen then eagles could be a force who knows

we will see improvement from Owen but Warwick I'm not so sure!

Anyone seen the photos of Georgie Wood?! Think hes going to be something special!

From the videos apart from Perks I think Eastbourne have the best reserve pairing in the league

I think Zak Wotsisname is a pretty decent prospect, but you said pair, so you might be right we dont have long to wait now, problem is they wont be reserve for long.

• Like 2

I think Zak Wotsisname is a pretty decent prospect, but you said pair, so you might be right we dont have long to wait now, problem is they wont be reserve for long.

Your right greyhoundp, but looking at the bigger picture if one move up leaves a still a good reserve still in the reserve bay also means a stronger rider will come down. so all year round they could only have movement even on the 4 riders, Dugard, wood, Andrews, Mason possible up and down as well.

Got to say from a guy who has not ridden a speedway bike until the weekend the video looks impressive. George looks as if he could be a great signing for the club, Wonder how Mr Silver (Len) and (Andrew) both missed out on having him in their team as he is from the back yard of Len i think he is from Sittingbourne area.

I have seen George on the grass in the past and he is as hard a nails (Just got to ask James Shanes). He is determined character and I don’t think many will stand in his way to make strides on his speedway career.

Let see what else comes out the mix with Dugard & sons with the new guy George who i hoped would be a (Flop) as the way Martin Dugard conducted himself over Johnson, but rest assure along with Mr Wood mix the likes of Warwick its going to be interesting Year for the Club.