British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

Fridays meeting being the Kings Lynn away meeting, I have to look at the big picture and say that its a good move but i have a feeling there is another big move on the way too, Just shows us that the club want to win and everything has been looked at, a bit of a difference from the previous Club to be working so hard, shame they could not have done all thie hard work at another level, Looking at the team only Owen and BWD are the only ones standing.

Spiller will turn the Club around and BWD will get some back up at last, Owen has held his own all year, i would be worried if the Eastbourne team rocked up with the team they have now its a stronger side then before, Andrews will be back soon,

come on then don't leave us in the dark what do you think the other move is?

Fridays meeting being the Kings Lynn away meeting, I have to look at the big picture and say that its a good move but i have a feeling there is another big move on the way too, Just shows us that the club want to win and everything has been looked at, a bit of a difference from the previous Club to be working so hard, shame they could not have done all thie hard work at another level, Looking at the team only Owen and BWD are the only ones standing.

Spiller will turn the Club around and BWD will get some back up at last, Owen has held his own all year, i would be worried if the Eastbourne team rocked up with the team they have now its a stronger side then before, Andrews will be back soon,

how about ben cat , aren't you pleased with him ?

I recall seeing the Spiller boys in the British Youth championship about three years ago at Arlington , the only round I think they contested.

They were both very good, Daniel was untouchable in the 500cc and his brother, a couple of years younger, I believe won the 250cc.

I think their father is Army or working based in Germany and I have been wondering when they will appear on the scene. I seem to recall that the one Daniel beat was Reece Downes.

Another master stroke by Martin Dugard I expected all NL clubs to be queuing up to give him a try.

Martin Dugard promised during the winter at the fans' forum that he would not be afraid to change the team to bring success.

He is true to his word.

Didn't he race for a time with the words "losing hurts" on the back of his leathers - a not very subtle message to his opponents. Think the NL is beginning to understand that the Eagles' talons are bared.

• Like 1

Outstanding signing. The kid has bags of class and top drawer machinery. I thought he might have been kept under wraps until next season but if Kelsey wants a break its a top signing.

Andrews should be back for you soon which is another major plus. Your final puzzle pieces are how long is Georgie out for and can Bates sort himself out?

Bradley Wilson Dean

Richard Andrews

Georgie Wood

Marc Owen

Ben Hopwood

Mattie Bates

Daniel Spiller

Not a bad line up if we are all there which unfortunantly they aren't!

That is a quality signing, such a shame for kelsey, he will be good maybe next year it could do him with a year at another track maybe a big one getting in the experiance, he has to keep going and come back next year for someone definately. Think spiller was gonna be brought brand new next year be interested to know if he can complete enough matches for a new average??

That is a quality signing, such a shame for kelsey, he will be good maybe next year it could do him with a year at another track maybe a big one getting in the experiance, he has to keep going and come back next year for someone definately. Think spiller was gonna be brought brand new next year be interested to know if he can complete enough matches for a new average??

You have 8 league matches left and you only need 4 for an average, so I guess so.

Dont think spiller will ride in the NL next year think if he is as good as everyone says and puts himself in the shop window like Brad for a PL place, I think its a brave move but again shows that they will move everything they can to get a result, Seems they are true to the word nothing will go unturned.

British Lad with British Passport but lives in Germany, he rides a sport that he loves in his home land and now has given us a chance to show what he can do for the Eagles, no rule broken and nobody hurt quality move by the Eastbourne,

• Like 1

Well, looks like this management team will 'leave no stone unturned' to find riders when required. Hats off to them.

As much as I am excited about the new signing, it is tainted by the fact that Kelsey is stepping down again. I have to say I like nothing more than to see a Dugard, line up at the tapes at Arlington. I really hope he has a future at Arlington.

From what i see Kelsey is a still young in his mind and seems to still as everyone has said "the puppy dog situation" when he is out in front, He can fall of at a drop of a hat i am surprised he does not trip up on the track walk before the meetings. It’s been very frustrating for us as the supporters to watch Kelsey to be as good as he can a few weeks ago to then come back less than a week later to be as bad as he was at Kings Lynn and again at Eastbourne. i was told that Martin was away at the time and Connor was running the show, All i can say is that Kelsey must rely on a setup that suits him by now he should have had that sorted for at least the home meetings.

When he wins a race his face is like thunder and when he is last his face is like thunder a very strange personality for someone who should really enjoy racing speedway. As for the club they could stick by him and try to build him up but seems he does not want that either, I am all for speedway at Eastbourne but i would be very upset after being promised at the fans meeting at the start of the year the they will make changes and have.

Kent have been stuck in a rut and seems that the crowd has started to drop off, Eastbourne can’t afford that and with the team changes it’s all been for the best at the moment and not a bad team as we stand.

Kelsey if he gets another chance will come good again but let’s hope to see if he can then go and do second half races to get his heart back in it.

What happens if Spiller comes in as he must be the best reserve in the country now, can he go and guest for any club he wants ie against Birmingham or Cradley just to see if he can knock a few points off the top teams, Master Stroke if he can do that. I guess the Eastbourne team would all mechanic for him if that was the case lol.

I don't understand the comment about Kelsey's face of thunder win or lose. When he had back to back heat wins against Kent beating James Shanes fair and square in the process he was grinning like a Cheshire cat. He is a young fellow who really wants to keep up the family tradition and when he makes a mistake he gets mad with himself and wears his heart on his sleeve.

I have spoken to him over the last couple of years and he is a nice young man particularly for still only just17 years, No Bridger or Ward episodes with him I'm sure.

I believe Martin is developing him for the future and blooding him slowly.

Spiller!! How did they manage that!!! Maybe the league isn't over!!

Go Eagles- chase down those Brummies