British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

Not really... We've dropped 2 leagues and changed our team it's not the same as last year. Bare minimum was 4th place but we've done well.

I'm not denying that. NL racing may not be to some peoples taste, but it's keeping clubs alive

I'm not denying that. NL racing may not be to some peoples taste, but it's keeping clubs alive

I think it's better than EL personally. It's actually racing
  • Like 1

For a team that's just dropped 2 leagues that's the bare minimum you should expect

I really don't see the relevance of that, Eastbourne started with a level playing filed like everyone else. If anything it was harder as they had to find 7 new riders!

• Like 1

For a team that's just dropped 2 leagues that's the bare minimum you should expect

You seem to overlook that when a club drops from the EL to the NL, they do not take their EL riders with them (even, if they wanted to).

They have to start again with no assets.

You say you are a Rye House supporter of 25+ years standing so I cannot understand how you could make such a statement

• Like 1

Think about it:

They knew nothing about the league

They didn't have a sponsor

Hadn't won a trophy since 2008..

• Like 1

Eastbourne started with 2 riders who never raced in this league, Dugard only done youth and woods never been on a speedway bike till March 2015. Hats off too all concerned as they started off with nothing at a level they never knew who was who. Best season I have had in speedway. Ko cup final NT final. Gold Cup final. 2nd in the league.

Not bad for the first season.

• Like 1

Your right countershaft. Billion laps maybe a little lie in that and not a true fact but we get your point

Still can't expect him to score near maximums each week as he is new to league racing. He has upped his average unlike most reserves this season all bar perks and Whatshisname

brilliant news that bwd hasn't broken any fingers after all and may be back on a bike later this week, don't know if that means the nlrc or just a practice.

What is he man or mouse lol, BWD will come back as soon as he can and he just loves to race his bikes, lucky he has the weekend off and will be back on the bike for the NT Cup i hope. I see Tom Brennan won the 250cc British championship last week, The first bit of silver ware for the IT First and the Eagles. Roll on 2 weeks time hopefully for the next one.

watching tom parade his trophy before the trophy final and the eagles parade theirs after would be good. i'm enjoying the day already.

BWD has said he is staying to lead Eagles in all 3 cup finals. Great news. We need our #1