British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

See i heard that he was no good he dropped a point :nono:, Me and the family are looking forward to seeing the young lad, I guess he is lucky to have a link to the UK via ancestory rights but even if he was not in the NL he could go into the PL or EL as he has won a state Championship, Eastbourne have done well to get hold of him, And my bets looking as if i am going to owe Mr Ceglio some money for George Wood fund. And i agree with Penny that Brenden was unfortunate that Team Dugard could not use a calculator and read a rule book, but i also agree with Solo that Bunyan has been out to New Zealand and taken the Championship also not having any rights to ride there then take the GP Wildcard? I would be really Pi*sed if i was a New Zealander for that to happen, If Dugard had got it right and dumped someone else and fitted in Brenden in i still don’t think everyone would be happy, But again rules are rules and they are there to read and bend to each and everyone’s advantage, Matt Ford has done it in the past.

A new Start for Eastbourne and let’s hope that it works for them this year as this would be a shame to see it close. Maybe go up to the PL if crowds are good?

Edited by catinthehat

Year in year out Bunyan and Terry-Daley come to New Zealand to ride and nobody says anything, but when a kiwi with British patriality (his father has a British citizenship) you lot throw your arms in the air. How does that work?

Not all of us.

I am delighted that he has been signed and think that Eastbourne have done a great job bringing him in and I look forwards to seeing him ride. As far as I am concerned he has as much right to ride as any other British rider.

Think for him to ride the Bspa should ask whether he will represent gb at national level should he progress. Although I don't think he is in the under 21 semi or final

Bradley Wilson-Dean at Auckland champs, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2.

See i heard that he was no good he dropped a point :nono:,

If you put me, Lucifer Sam, starman and Gemini in a speedway race 1 of the 4 of us would win it. It wouldn't make us good, it would just make us less bad than the other 3 :D

Just who did he beta for his 14 points? It might be a good performance, it might be a least bad performance.

Edited by SCB

If you put me, Lucifer Sam, starman and Gemini in a speedway race 1 of the 3 of us would win it. It wouldn't make us good, it would just make us less bad than the other 3 :D

Just who did he beta for his 14 points? It might be a good performance, it might be a least bad performance.

Would that be Donkey race, i remember at Dudley Wood, the riders had a donkey derby race at the end of season :wink: .

Edited by greyhoundp

Would that be Donkey race, i remember at Dudley Wood, the riders had a donkey derby race at the end of season :wink: .

Anyone who has seen Lucifer Sam on a speedway bike would NOT put a Donkey through that torture :D

SCB i think no matter if its good or bad means that 14 points is a winner? If the sport is that low of a standard in NZ means that the young lad has to come to Europe to race to improve, Lucky for him that he had the right to race in the UK but 14 points is pretty damm good. I have just looked on the Kent web site to see that Danno virgil is back in the UK after a winter away racing in AUS and nobody kicked up about him being out there. But 14 point on my score card from any other rider would be great, Maybe Mr SCB you will have to put your hands up with Penny and say Eastbourne was right, as much as it hurts me to say it being on the boarders of Kent and Sussex. " Maybe we can go to Eastbourne" at the moment me and the family are going to be at Eastbourne for the first meeting against Kent. And a month Later MR Ceglio will also pay for me to to else where when i win my bet.

• Like 1

SCB i think no matter if its good or bad means that 14 points is a winner? If the sport is that low of a standard in NZ means that the young lad has to come to Europe to race to improve, Lucky for him that he had the right to race in the UK but 14 points is pretty damm good. I have just looked on the Kent web site to see that Danno virgil is back in the UK after a winter away racing in AUS and nobody kicked up about him being out there. But 14 point on my score card from any other rider would be great, Maybe Mr SCB you will have to put your hands up with Penny and say Eastbourne was right, as much as it hurts me to say it being on the boarders of Kent and Sussex. " Maybe we can go to Eastbourne" at the moment me and the family are going to be at Eastbourne for the first meeting against Kent. And a month Later MR Ceglio will also pay for me to to else where when i win my bet.

A few years back Newport signed a rider called Shelby Rutherford for their NL team. He score scoring 12, 13, 14 and 15 in Western Australia most weeks. The Newport fans got excited. He come over and averaged 5 in the NL. Because the rider he was beating were clearly terrible.

Using your theory of 14 points is good then anyone who scores 15 in one of Scunthorpe amateur meetings must be better. I assume you think he's 14 points in a meeting (where we still have no idea who he beat!) makes him better than any rider who score 00000 in a GP this season? Is a rider who average 9 in the NL also better than someone who averages 8 in in the PL or EL?

Scoring 14 points in a random meeting does not make you a good rider. The race where he passed and beat James Sarjeant and Grant Tregoning is giving us some idea of how good he is. That meeting where he score 14, if Ryan Terry Daley scored 15 would suggest that Wilson-Dean is no more than a 4 point NL rider!

SCB your true to your word that it does look like that the level out there is not as good as it is here and going on that remark of what you said maybe Eastbourne should contact the BSPA for a reduction in his average and down to a 4 points not 5 which means they could bring in Brenden again. Lets hope that BWD travels better and if he is as good as other pepole have said then he will be fine, But it looks like Ceglio is going to owe me a free speedway meeting.

BWD is racing today in the Auckland championship, let's see how he goes

I'm no expert but, a couple of weeks the season start date, shouldn't he be over here by now?

have you not heard of air travel... 12 hour flight and hes in hahahah

I'm no expert but, a couple of weeks the season start date, shouldn't he be over here by now?

He's said on his instagram and Facebook he has booked flight and is over on the 15th i believe!

25 hours, plus a week to recover from the jet lag.

Nz to Singapore 5 1/2 and Singapore to UK 6 1/2 so unfortunately arnieg you're wrong cat is correct

Ha Ha............. funny !