British Speedway Forum

Has someone been tapped up?

That kind of thing would never happen in speedway surely. :lol:

Great to hear Glasgow have a stand at the Hydro tonight for a very big motorbike event, there will be a speedway bike, banners and a couple of attractive ladies handing out flyers and spreading the word, Roll on March 29th.

Very interesting story written by Andrew Skeels in the current issue of "Backtrack" magazine, about how Glasgow Tigers were saved from extinction and totally revitalised in 1988.

In view of the current efforts by the new owners to "do it again" in 2015, this might be required reading for quite a number of people.

Looked in at Ashfield this afternoon........ salivating already.......... loads of workmen on a Sunday pm...... I hope the recent cold snap has not unduly delayed progress towards stadium certification. Respect to the Facenni !

With a 'potential spectator' catchment of well in excess of one million, it defies belief that the Tigers could only attract mid three figure crowds latterly. Surely with clean facilities, an exciting team, professional presentation, and intense marketing, they can fill the stadium week on week and sell loads of team merchandise.

Last night, the Braehead Clan had yet another sell out crowd (I paid £15 +£1 booking fee for my concession ticket) enjoying the great facilities, exciting action, slick presentation and convenient (free !) parking. The merchandise tables appeared packed with people waving fistfuls of cash. And the Warriors seem to attract large crowds, even on freezing cold winter nights. I know there is an element of what competing attractions are available, but if places like Berwick, Workington, and Scunthorpe can support a PL team, why have the Tiggs struggled in recent years?

• Like 1

Looked in at Ashfield this afternoon........ salivating already.......... loads of workmen on a Sunday pm...... I hope the recent cold snap has not unduly delayed progress towards stadium certification. Respect to the Facenni !

With a 'potential spectator' catchment of well in excess of one million, it defies belief that the Tigers could only attract mid three figure crowds latterly. Surely with clean facilities, an exciting team, professional presentation, and intense marketing, they can fill the stadium week on week and sell loads of team merchandise.

Last night, the Braehead Clan had yet another sell out crowd (I paid £15 +£1 booking fee for my concession ticket) enjoying the great facilities, exciting action, slick presentation and convenient (free !) parking. The merchandise tables appeared packed with people waving fistfuls of cash. And the Warriors seem to attract large crowds, even on freezing cold winter nights. I know there is an element of what competing attractions are available, but if places like Berwick, Workington, and Scunthorpe can support a PL team, why have the Tiggs struggled in recent years?

I think the combination of losing Shane Parker and some truly awful processional meetings swayed many long term fans from turning up every week. If only they could have seen Kasper and Rusty amongst others last season I am sure they would come back regularly. Great racing and great viewing in what was admittedly a run down stadium last season failed to attract the required numbers. I am sure with some Marketing we can get back up to level needed. Be great if a we could encourage visiting fans to give us another chance too.(why not let visiting season ticket holders at other clubs in for a tenner??)

Edited by highroad119
  • Like 3

I think the combination of losing Shane Parker and some truly awful processional meetings swayed many long term fans from turning up every week. If only they could have seen Kasper and Rusty amongst others last season I am sure they would come back regularly. Great racing and great viewing in what was admittedly a run down stadium last season failed to attract the required numbers. I am sure with some Marketing we can get back up to level needed. Be great if a we could encourage visiting fans to give us another chance too.(why not let visiting season ticket holders at other clubs in for a tenner??)

£10 would be a great idea that many other clubs could replicate.

£10 is better than no £.

that deal favours the well off and not the fans who have limited funds. .. worky, tried it. should only be a tenner anyhow.

nail, head. hit. on the

apparently there are great marketting moves afoot. sadly there was never any real replacement for Parks and all the work at promoting the Tigers he did off track. While riders of his calibre only come along every now and then it sounds as if the promotional side will not be allowed to be neglected in the same way which can only be good for the Tigers

didnt joe screen ride like a ///// at belle vue to get his average down so he could drop down into the pl and join Glasgow..

nail, head. hit. on the

apparently there are great marketting moves afoot. sadly there was never any real replacement for Parks and all the work at promoting the Tigers he did off track. While riders of his calibre only come along every now and then it sounds as if the promotional side will not be allowed to be neglected in the same way which can only be good for the Tigers

Is there going to be a change in the personnel previously responsible for the marketing side then ?

Edited by cyclone

you probably know better than I on that matter cyclone but it has been said to me that Allied's marketing people are getting involved and I base my comments on that. Makes sense really that if you are going to plough a lot of money into something you make sure your best marketing people have an input

• Like 1

didnt joe screen ride like a ///// at belle vue to get his average down so he could drop down into the pl and join Glasgow..

Not exactly. He dropped his scoring for Wolves to get an average which allowed him to join a PL club.

Glasgow then dropped their collective team averages (all on one night at Armadale!) to accomodate him.