British Speedway Forum

Oh,is that a pub? I thought it was a small zoo.

The rules of the jungle definitely apply. The outside bit is segregated by wire fencing all the way round.

can't remember if it was last year or the year before that the police wouldn't let anyone out of the stadium after the meeting for a while as someone had been stabbed or something along those lines just at the front door of the pub.

can't remember if it was last year or the year before that the police wouldn't let anyone out of the stadium after the meeting for a while as someone had been stabbed or something along those lines just at the front door of the pub.

So a normal Sunday afternoon at Ashfield then? :)

Cant remember if it was 2 or 3 years ago there was a murder or something like that just along the road from Armadale stadium

Edited by MANSE

Cant remember if it was 3 or 4 years ago there was a murder or something like that just along the road from Armadale stadium

There was also one in the stadium on Taggart a couple of years back.

And there was plenty on track last year when the weej came calling.

So what's your point?

It recalls a story which took place at the home of GLASGOW SPEEDWAY, that's how it has something to do with the club.

However, I asked you what your point was I. Your post, rather than say it wasn't relevant.

See Mr Blobby post what has that to do with Glasgow Speedway

What have all the other posts about the pub got to do with glasgow? Nothing yet you single me out strange that

Edited by Mr Blobby

What have all the other posts about the pub got to do with glasgow? Nothing yet you single me out strange that

Probably because you'd mentioned THERES BEEN A MUDER
  • Like 1

It is a decent looking side, not the strongest in the league IMO.

This isn’t just a Glasgow thing, it can be applied to a few clubs, Glasgow a few years ago being one actually when they signed Jones on a low average (not that I am picking on them).

Why is it always the default setting when a side get money that they go top heavy. It always puzzles me.

If the rumours are true and Glasgow are throwing money at it (nothing wrong with that) you would think that you would try and track the best 1-7 you could, I am not entirely convinced that side is.

**All of this is said with the caveat that I understand that anything is better than last season and so on, but if you are going in all in, best to go as strong as you possibly can.

Edited by sparkafag

Ashfield Social Club has nothing to do with Glasgow Speedway

I DONT THINK WE ARE TOP HEAVY WE WILL HAVE 4 RIDERS 7 TO 8 AVERAGE AND 3 YOUNG RIDERS WHO WILL IMPROVE THEIR STARTING AVERAGE HOPEFULLY

Edited by MANSE

Ashfield Social Club has nothing to do with Glasgow SpeedwayI DONT THINK WE ARE TOP HEAVY WE WILL HAVE 4 RIDERS 7 TO 8 AVERAGE AND 3 YOUNG RIDERS WHO WILL IMPROVE THEIR STARTING AVERAGE HOPEFULLY

According to stewart Dickson it's the riders he wanted for his team as he hand picked them himself and said not knowing much about James Sargent apart from what he had seen on sky and thinks ashfield will suit his style of riding I think Sargent will be the one reserve to watch next season along with victor great pairing at reserve for tigers

Edited by mac101
  • Like 2

According to stewart Dickson it's the riders he wanted for his team as he hand picked them himself and said not knowing much about James Sargent apart from what he had seen on sky and thinks ashfield will suit his style of riding I think Sargent will be the one reserve to watch next season along with victor great pairing at reserve for tigers

Last seasons team might not have won many honours, or points, come to think of it, but we had the best entertainment in a good few years. Losing Rusty and Kasper for that part is a blow but plenty quality coming in to replace them so far. Cant wait to get started now. All a bit hard to believe to be truthful.

I like the look of the Glasgow side so far. Hope the Tigers have a great season

• Like 3