British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Lakeside 2015

Very good news! Both Kingston and Owen have impressed me when I've seen them this season, Kingston in particular, so they would be a good start if we do enter a NL team.

Although as a lifelong Lakeside fan living in Kent who has also supported Kent Kings since they started ... who am I going to support next year? I don't think I'll be able to make it to all the meetings for all 3 teams as well as trying to visit a few other tracks each year!

• Like 1

That is excellent news. Fingers crossed that they field a team. It would be a massive boost to the NL and Coventry and Kings Lynn have both shown that there are benefits of doing so in bringing their own promising kids through (e.g. Lambert, Kerr, Rose & Sarjeant).

At this rate Cradley fans may be changing their minds about moving up to face the better sides - the better sides are moving down to face us!!!

I fully support the comment in the article about the standard of rider in the NL. They are generally far better than many give them credit for.

Edited by Ommer Mon
  • Like 2

So the National League 2015 could look something like ?

Eastbourne Eaglets.

Lakeside Young Bombers ?

Kent Kings ?

Mildenhall Tigers.

Coventry Storm ?

Kings Lynn Young Starlets.

Milton Keynes Knights ?

Stoke Potters.

Buxton Hitmen.

Scunthorpe/Devon ??

Looking good for crowds down South ?

if theres that many teams the limit needs to be reduced down to around 35 imo. with 2 new 3 points compulsory at reserve

• Like 1

Scunthorpe/Devon ??

Would imagine Devon highly unlikely - they'd have to resolve all the Planning probs which I can't see them even attempting to.

Scunny though a certainity.

Of course the points limit has to be adjusted in line with the number of Teams in the League. this will automatically mean most Teams will need minimum 2 x 3 pointers and possibly 3 x 3 pointers in the team, with three 3 pointers that will leave 26 points available for the remaining 4 riders if the points limit is 35. So 2 x 8 pointers and 2 x 5 pointers, the permutations are endless, but there has to be a minimum points level also of around 30 points this will make the League far more competitive.

Would Matt Ford consider re entering a Team in the NL ?, i dont know how long the tie up with Scunny is for, but it would be a good move by EL Teams to have a tie up with NL Teams this would enable them to have a steady stream of Draft Riders coming through, and we all know Poole have struggled with there 2nd draft rider this season.

Edited by greyhoundp

Id be well up for watching Cradley in that league, the NL could be exciting if the rules of team building had a top and lower limit!

Ive always enjoyed watching us in the NL untill this year because we have built a team that outweighs all but a few and even then we can beat those away!

• Like 2

A Lakeside NL team next season is looking like even more of a possibility after last night's Kent v Arena Essex meeting:

http://www.lakesidehammers.co/content/?p=8676

With Eastbourne likely to be in the NL, it would be a good move for the club to be drawing in crowds for the Kent / Eastbourne local derbies, as well as being a huge benefit for the Hagon / Lakeside academy and EL fast track system.

I'm just not sure who to shout for if it does go ahead - I'm a lifelong Lakeside supporter and also a Kent regular! Haha

Edited by Mjolnir

Then just enjoy!

• Like 1

So the National League 2015 could look something like ?

Eastbourne Eaglets.

Lakeside Young Bombers ?

Kent Kings ?

Mildenhall Tigers.

Coventry Storm ?

Kings Lynn Young Starlets.

Milton Keynes Knights ?

Stoke Potters.

Buxton Hitmen.

Scunthorpe/Devon ??

Looking good for crowds down South ?

Rye House Raiders - I'd say better than 50/50, despite you reservations.

Redcar Cubs - Brian Havelock's making the right noises.

Rye House Raiders - I'd say better than 50/50, despite you reservations.

Redcar Cubs - Brian Havelock's making the right noises.

I've heard mentioned it would be a Newcastle/Redcar shared side - with a great name Tyne-Tees. Would be a terrific idea as fills such a huge gap for riders in the north and indeed Scotland.

The Raiders is rather different - there could be major issues of rider shortage if we're talking Kent, Easty, IoW, Arena Essex AND RH..

• Like 1

Id be well up for watching Cradley in that league, the NL could be exciting if the rules of team building had a top and lower limit!

Ive always enjoyed watching us in the NL untill this year because we have built a team that outweighs all but a few and even then we can beat those away!

This will be music to the Cradley's promoters ears

Can't see why the top of the premier league don't join with the EL with the NL getting back to how it used to be with a credible points limit. Teams like Scunthorpe (NL) can form a third league in the form of an upgraded MDL. For those who really want to see the worlds elite let teams like Poole have a second team in a European or world league.