British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Lakeside 2015

That is excellent news. Fingers crossed that they field a team. It would be a massive boost to the NL and Coventry and Kings Lynn have both shown that there are benefits of doing so in bringing their own promising kids through (e.g. Lambert, Kerr, Rose & Sarjeant).

At this rate Cradley fans may be changing their minds about moving up to face the better sides - the better sides are moving down to face us!!!

I fully support the comment in the article about the standard of rider in the NL. They are generally far better than many give them credit for.

Sarjeant was a product of scunthorpe saints not from either of the teams quoted above

I've already started this thread. Lakeside said they wanted to entry a team a couple of weeks ago http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=77892&view=getnewpost

Apologies - I had even posted in your thread and forgotten about it!

My original post:

A Lakeside NL team next season is looking like even more of a possibility after last night's Kent v Arena Essex meeting:

http://www.lakesidehammers.co/content/?p=8676

With Eastbourne likely to be in the NL, it would be a good move for the club to be drawing in crowds for the Kent / Eastbourne local derbies, as well as being a huge benefit for the Hagon / Lakeside academy and EL fast track system.

I'm just not sure who to shout for if it does go ahead - I'm a lifelong Lakeside supporter and also a Kent regular! Haha

Edited by Mjolnir

My original post:

Why did you set up two threads with the same title?

This is so confusing...! Isn't there a way it can all be incorporated?

Why did you set up two threads with the same title?

I didn't, Islander set one up first and I created another one by mistake. You're in the right one now, hopefully the other one will be merged in or removed at some point.

This is so confusing...! Isn't there a way it can all be incorporated?

I have sent the Mod a message to merge the 2

• Like 1

Done ,

• Like 1

National Trophy on Sundays for 2015 (After training) - Too many fixtures to fit in with EL & NL

Is that confirmed?

I don't see the point in that tbh, like Leicester last year, they just used a load of riders from other clubs, I think it's good if a team use their NL team to bring young riders through,but I can't see this happening

I can see this working for a club which has no current team and are trying to get back into the sport such as Milton Keynes, but Lakeside are an established team, No one is going to be able to ride only for lakeside as they wouldn't get enough rides

Not confirmed but Jon will put forward to NL AGM - will be looking to add youngsters from training school earlier in the day + jack Kingston, Marc Owen + ???

Good way to keep youngsters on board otherwise will train them & lose them to other NL clubs