British Speedway Forum

If there still is a Premier League in 2015, and if points limit remains at 42.50.

Only Summers and Skidmore are worth considering from this years team, imo.

Here is my preferred line up

Aaron: 7.78

Kozza Smith:7.15

Hugh: 6.99

Ty Proctor: 6.27

Mathieu Tresarrieu: 5.44

Jack Holder: 5.00

Robert Branford: 3.00

Total: 41.63

Holder is a fantasy I know, but I can live in hope. Both Proctor and Matty Tres are still held in high esteem by a lot of Bears fans.

Tres and Branford are club assets.

I'd take Konopka, Skidmore and Graversen from this year's team. Konopka is clearly a confidence rider and has shown more than enough to be worth taking on a 3.00 next year. Skidmore is Mr. Consistent. Graversen suffered after that Rye House crash but before then put in the scores you'd expect from him. It was a shame he came good again right at the end of the season when it was too late.

I wouldn't mind if Summers came back but i think a fresh challenge is probably best for him. I'd take Lawson but think he'll be elsewhere. Wilko doesn't do it often enough for me, same with Lemon.

Bit of a tough one for me this season I think. I would take Lawson back like a shot, but not sure he would want to come back. I would like to see Summers back, very solid rider and same for Skidmore although the noises he has made so far do not sound massively positive.

I can't see Lemon back, and 50-50 on Wilko. When he is on it he is excellent to watch and never gives in, although I am sure he would admit he didnt have his greatest season.

At reserve would be surprised if Konopka was not in the side. Started well, was pretty poor for a good while but picked up again towards the end of the season. Think he is worth the risk on a 3. Would like to see a young Brit at reserve with him (hopefully every PL team has to have at least 1). Not sure if Crang would want to come back, and probably a season too early for Danny Phillips? Maybe Rob Branford is a good shout if he comes back over. Possibility of Hall coming back on a low average?

Would be surprised if the team is drastically different from this years though.

Is Kozza returning to racing next year? Would he come in on a reduced average due to being away from the sport?!

Bit of a tough one for me this season I think. I would take Lawson back like a shot, but not sure he would want to come back. I would like to see Summers back, very solid rider and same for Skidmore although the noises he has made so far do not sound massively positive.

I can't see Lemon back, and 50-50 on Wilko. When he is on it he is excellent to watch and never gives in, although I am sure he would admit he didnt have his greatest season.

At reserve would be surprised if Konopka was not in the side. Started well, was pretty poor for a good while but picked up again towards the end of the season. Think he is worth the risk on a 3. Would like to see a young Brit at reserve with him (hopefully every PL team has to have at least 1). Not sure if Crang would want to come back, and probably a season too early for Danny Phillips? Maybe Rob Branford is a good shout if he comes back over. Possibility of Hall coming back on a low average?

Would be surprised if the team is drastically different from this years though.

Rob is planning on being back in the UK next year.

Junior

Boz, why would you have Lawson back in a shot?

Accepted decent rider but how many meetings did he miss due to Lakeside meetings? If thats the same situation next season then its not acceptable.

Plus he is a good gater but if he doesn't make the start he rarely overtakes. This can be seen from his Redcar performances, his Lakeside rides on Sky and I noted the same when he rode for the Cubs.

Good points scorer whose priorities are elsewhere who is almost purely a gater and doesnt excite me.

Boz, why would you have Lawson back in a shot?

Accepted decent rider but how many meetings did he miss due to Lakeside meetings? If thats the same situation next season then its not acceptable.

Plus he is a good gater but if he doesn't make the start he rarely overtakes. This can be seen from his Redcar performances, his Lakeside rides on Sky and I noted the same when he rode for the Cubs.

Good points scorer whose priorities are elsewhere who is almost purely a gater and doesnt excite me.

I agree would only have him if he doesn't miss so many meetings.Think that was due to the late transfer to Lakeside, I would liek to think if the same was to happen this season we at least have more time to plan the fixtures around availability.

At the start of this season Lawson was pulling out some of the best moves I have seen at the STMP. Granted as the season went on, for whatever reason, they became fewer and far between. He does rely more on his gating, but if 9 times out of 10 he makes the gate then I don't mind that. Cant have a team full of racers, you need someone who can reliably make the gate and get the win.

Accepted decent rider but how many meetings did he miss due to Lakeside meetings?

2 League matches. 1 KOC match. 1 League Cup match. That's home and away. All season. Not exactly going AWOL on a grand scale is it?

Was due to miss more but for Lakeside rain offs.

The situation could even be worse next season especially if Redcar and his EL club were to reach the play offs. Not worth the risk in my opinion but who knows the league set ups maybe different next season.

If there still is a Premier League in 2015, and if points limit remains at 42.50.

Only Summers and Skidmore are worth considering from this years team, imo.

Here is my preferred line up

Aaron: 7.78

Kozza Smith:7.15

Hugh: 6.99

Ty Proctor: 6.27

Mathieu Tresarrieu: 5.44

Jack Holder: 5.00

Robert Branford: 3.00

Total: 41.63

Holder is a fantasy I know, but I can live in hope. Both Proctor and Matty Tres are still held in high esteem by a lot of Bears fans.

Tres and Branford are club assets.

agree with summers skidmore and smith but the rest ?????????????????????

• Like 1

If Kozza is to join then fair enough. Summers and Skidmore are certs for me. Konopka I think will improve and Graversen Id have back on a 4.14 average. That leaves 13.35 for the final two. Id go the Berwick way with no big number 1, so a 7ish and a 6ish. Proctor could be a snip or maybe Jorgensen, Aspgren, or Steen Jensen to fit.

So something like...

1 Aaron Summers
2 Hugh Skidmore
3 Ty Proctor
4 Pontus Aspgren
5 Kozza Smith
6 Jan Graversen
7 Rafal Konopka

Edited by cheekycobra

If Kozza is to join then fair enough. Summers and Skidmore are certs for me. Konopka I think will improve and Graversen Id have back on a 4.14 average. That leaves 13.35 for the final two. Id go the Berwick way with no big number 1, so a 7ish and a 6ish. Proctor could be a snip or maybe Jorgensen, Aspgren, or Steen Jensen to fit.

So something like...

1 Aaron Summers

2 Hugh Skidmore

3 Ty Proctor

4 Pontus Aspgren

5 Kozza Smith

6 Jan Graversen

7 Rafal Konopka

good side but I would like to see spud at Newcastle tho

not many people putting richard back in the 2015 side.