British Speedway Forum

Please learn to spell cheaters and not knock the team name of the finest British team ever (even though anyone can insert and quite reasonably post that you think your team are slightly better) Oxford Cheetahs.

a bet he or she can spell smog ha

Serious question to Redcar fans. Do you think Konopka will actually improve his average, because the couple of times I saw him last season, he was awful.

I do genuinely believe he will improve - by how much?? that is the real question? He should be a 4 - 5 point rider, given decent machinery and if he learns to stay on board and avoid suicidal passing attempts.

I can understand your view because on a lot of occasions I watched him he was awful - but at back end of season there were signs of improvement.

• Like 1

I'm a realist and dont own any rose tinted glasses

....but you think Bjerre & Skidmore can maintain 9 & 8 point averages?

bjerre could equally drop below 8

I reckon somewhere between 8 & 8.25 would be a decent return
  • Like 1

....but you think Bjerre & Skidmore can maintain 9 & 8 point averages?

Yes I do, I think the standard of premier league racing is quite poor these days

Yes I do, I think the standard of premier league racing is quite poor these days

Eh...... its got better the last 2 seasons IMO :unsure:

• Like 3

Having read Cheekycobra's predictions for 2015 I thought I might as well give mine, unfortunately I'm a realist and dont own any rose tinted glasses.

Cheekycobra: To be sectioned 2 weeks after receiving the Brian Havelock Appreciation Trophy

Bjerre: On the up and improving, still quite young, if injury free could maintain a 9 pt average

Hall: On a 4 and a bit average for a reason, should be ok at home but if he spits his dummy out could struggle

Robson: Steady enough, on the decline but will still score plenty of points, should maintain his average this season

Kus: Unpredictable, needs to feel loved and wanted, can Brian Havelock provide that. Risky signing for me.

Skiddy: Needs a big year in 2015, hopefully still improving can get to an 8 pt average

Graversen: Will score bags full of points from reserve until he moves into the main body of the team. Confidence rider.

Raffa: Given another chance, needs to pick up points or will be out the door. Not convinced.........

Overall, I think Redcar will do very well at home, might take a couple of bashings at a few away tracks but should pick up enough points to make the play-offs.

I think there's a good chace of Redcar making the play-off's if they keep Kus happy. There is certainly some room for improving on those averages, even in Raffa, but he needs to stay on his bike!

• Like 1

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Humbug

Eh...... its got better the last 2 seasons IMO :unsure:

I think so too, particularly last season. Changing Leicester for Peterborough was a good start. The usual suspects - Scunthorpe, Sheffield, Plymouth, Somerset, Workington - maintained their standard of racing while others - Redcar and Glasgow - upped theirs.

I think so too, particularly last season. Changing Leicester for Peterborough was a good start. The usual suspects - Scunthorpe, Sheffield, Plymouth, Somerset, Workington - maintained their standard of racing while others - Redcar and Glasgow - upped theirs.

and IMO can only comment from last season to this season, the riders have improved, gained riders like Robert Lamert, Kenneth Hansen, and Palm Toft back and maintained the good ones aswell.

Stead, wells, covatti, king, Franc, cook - enough riders in the Premier league to form a World Cup team! Can't all be bad

I notice Stuart Robson is Coventrys final rider, so how many meetings will he miss for the Bears?, or do we have first pick?

I notice Stuart Robson is Coventrys final rider, so how many meetings will he miss for the Bears?, or do we have first pick?

Isn't his contract owned by Newcastle? That would mean that Redcar had priority, having signed him first.