British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Posf2 - Swindon V Coventry 6 October

Well done Cov. fully-deserved, surprise win, they wanted it more and gated much better, congratulated a few Midlanders on the way out. At least they didn't throw eggs at the home fans again! Looked like 2 different teams to the last meeting 4 weeks ago. Howarth was excellent. At least Gusto came round to say thank you to the fans(the only one).Hope the Bees win the final now, a mainly English team. Glad we didn't have to stand there and watch the other match as well. Decent crowd over 2000 soon went quiet, very little passing.

Edited by keef van cross
  • Like 1

Are YOU for Real??

You keep banging on and on about what was good in the good old days. Time has moved on , Speedway has moved on.

NO, i`m not easily pleased. I saw how big Speedway was in the 70`s and how a successful sport it was.

Dear me, i must have mis- read you then, i only thought you was 10.. :o

• Like 1

Oh I don,t know I rather enjoyed it after listening to Swindon fans on here for the last couple of weeks. Haha.,

You don't listen when you read.

However, the confidence bordered arrogance and they were found wanting tonight. :D

Swindon "no balls" Robins :)

• Like 1

ABSOULUTELY DISGUSTING!

All of the effort from our fans for it to be thrown back in there faces because conditions aren't 100% perfect.

My last ever time going to watch Swindon after this pathetic spitting dummies out performance.

Have the riders been throwing there toys out of there prams on Sky?

Your loyalty didn't last long then. What was it one season?

Very proud of tonight's performance, feel sorry for the Swindon fans though. They are a better team than they showed tonight, track never helped. Also well done to the volunteers that covered the track sterling effort by all. Just hoping for kings lynn to perform a miracle on Thursday, couldn't cope with losing to Poole in the final.

Just got up to check the result. It's hard to believe that we were the form team before the play-offs started. How different we've been since! Well done to Coventry though, and history may well repeat itself here. Ever since Coventry booted that wasted of space MJJ, out, "SCB" and "Blu panther" have told us time and time again that Coventry could not possibly win the league without him, and "SCB" pointed out that having to use guests for Barker, would also be a disaster. Wrong on both counts.

At least I will be home from China on Thursday, to watch the Poole V KL, match. Bed now1

Well, thats been 3 tediously boring "Gate fests" so far in the play offs, and with the forecast for this week, no doubt Thursday will be the same. This season must go down as the most boring ever for the SKY Elite meetings at least, as there's barely been one good one (as far as actual racing and people passing) all year, the only thing that has saved a few has been the fact that the match scores have been close.

And as for Pearson's continued fawning all evening over the covering of the track, how about asking a question and being a bit critical about the stupidity of only covering the bends?....makes you really wonder about the intelligence of those who run and promote the sport, when they make such glaring errors like this that once again, turn yet another meeting into a boring farce.

• Like 1

You don't listen when you read.

However, the confidence bordered arrogance and they were found wanting tonight. :D

Swindon "no balls" Robins :)

Not this swindon fan. :nono:

Dear me, i must have mis- read you then, i only thought you was 10.. :o

Even a 10 year old would know it is WERE 10 not WAS 10.

Thanks for confirming what we already know. :t:

• Like 2

Well that was disappointing. Felt good turning up to Blunsdon to see a good crowd and a good atmosphere building.

But before they'd even ad one race I thought we were going to get a beating. The Coventry side were all out on the track together and looked like a proper team.

One thing I didn't understand was they said there was no presentation because they wanted to get on with things. Then spent another 20 minutes working on the track.

Within a couple of races the atmosphere died. It was clear that Coventry were up for it. They were much quicker out the starts, while Swindon riders were pulling out of races when at the back.

Not good from Swindon really. I expected more. We could at least have gone down fighting.

Ironically, we rode a lot better once we'd been eliminated and the track improved.

• Like 1

Congratulations to the Bees on reaching the final. Adapted to the conditions far better than the Robins and seemed to want it more - no complaints from this Swindon fan. B)

Very pleased for Kyle Howarth; he put in some good performances for Swindon last year, especially away from home and after being dumped by Poole deserves some success this year.

Well that was disappointing. Felt good turning up to Blunsdon to see a good crowd and a good atmosphere building.

But before they'd even ad one race I thought we were going to get a beating. The Coventry side were all out on the track together and looked like a proper team.

One thing I didn't understand was they said there was no presentation because they wanted to get on with things. Then spent another 20 minutes working on the track.

Within a couple of races the atmosphere died. It was clear that Coventry were up for it. They were much quicker out the starts, while Swindon riders were pulling out of races when at the back.

Not good from Swindon really. I expected more. We could at least have gone down fighting.

Ironically, we rode a lot better once we'd been eliminated and the track improved.

Irony, or Coventry didn't really bothery...?

Sorry Grachan and to the top Swindon fans know ;0

Sidney. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ....:D

Even a 10 year old would know it is WERE 10 not WAS 10.

Thanks for confirming what we already know. :t:

Was were whats the bleedin difference. And im glad you've admitted to what we all know, and thought. Shouldn't you be in bed by now..

At work tonight and looking at the updates on twitter, what a superb result! I bet Troy feels a little silly!

Edited by woz01