British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Posf2 - Swindon V Coventry 6 October

.........grachan...... In which case fair enough. I was just going on what Gay Havelock said on the television.

Do you know something we don't know? Go on spill the beans. :lol:

No he didn't. He wanted it called off after heat 9 then moaned like hell when it was called off after heat 10.

I can't remember the exact details, or even what the matches were now. I stopped retaining speedway information in my head once I reached my 20s for some reason. But I recall looking at the various meetings and seeing it all made sense. Perhaps you'd like to refresh my memory on what the matches were and maybe I'll make a re-assessment!

Although, it seems to me that if a match doesn't need to be called off after heat 9, then it doesn't need to be called off after heat 10 either unless it's raining. So his position seems to make sense there.

Do you know something we don't know? Go on spill the beans. :lol:

Just when he was asked if Barker was riding he said something about him being fit but they didn't want to bring him back into the side for such an important meeting. Something like that anyway!!

How can Coventry have a guest for Barker?

Havelock made it clear on Monday that Barker was fit but he wasn't sure about using him in the second leg.

That's fine if he doesn't want to use Barker, but there is no way they should be allowed a guest. Swindon should protest about this.

The issue here is you have taken notice of Gary Havelock! Bens partner has posted a few times on facebook now that he'd love to ride but he's still not got full movement.

The issue here is you have taken notice of Gary Havelock! Bens partner has posted a few times on facebook now that he'd love to ride but he's still not got full movement.

I know. It was quite an effort too!

Someone has since pointed out that Barker IS injured, so I already retracted my earlier statement.

basically what you are saying is that we cant use tatticals until we are 20 points behind on the night, what you are saying is in effect we cant use tatticals,

this wouldnt sound so bad if before the monday meeting you stated that tatticals couldnt be used, now just because you havent used them all of a sudden its a issue.

its only eight points everyone from swindon have been saying how great your team is, then its shouldn't be a problem should it!

Your maths is not very good, it would only be 18 points! 10 + 8 = 18 "SIMPLES". Furthermore if you gained an 8-1 heat advantage it would be down to 11 points, giving the possibility of a 2nd advantage when it becomes a 12 point deficit. Why should the side that rode at home first have an advantage that the away side did not have! That's what I call a win at all costs mentality. Don't go down the "blue tint" line, it's not very nice.

Does anybody know where we have to pick up the pre-booked tickets for Monday's meeting? I bought them on the Sky Sports site & was advised that an e-mail would be sent in a few days with details of where to pick up the tickets but have heard nothing yet!

Edited by DunRobin
  • Like 1

the side that rode first had that option because they finished above you in the league!

still dont know what you are worried about, we are normally pretty poor around Blunsdon and with the "master-stroke" of ditching jensen for a very unpopular rider, that lasted a couple of laps dont know what you are worried for.

• Like 2

I don't get the hysteria around tacticals. Surely it is the case that you run 2 meetings home and away, using tacticals if necessary in either meeting, add up the total points to see who wins! What difference does it make who rides at home first?

• Like 2

Always loved Havvy but he is is missing something!!

Kildemand in crash in Germany and had to withdraw from meeting according to Sportowefakty.

Your maths is not very good, it would only be 18 points! 10 + 8 = 18 "SIMPLES". Furthermore if you gained an 8-1 heat advantage it would be down to 11 points, giving the possibility of a 2nd advantage when it becomes a 12 point deficit. Why should the side that rode at home first have an advantage that the away side did not have! That's what I call a win at all costs mentality. Don't go down the "blue tint" line, it's not very nice.

This makes no sense. Why should the team that rode first hsve to wait until they are 18 points down on the night to use a tac sub when the other team could have used it at ten down on the night in the first leg (and presumably two down in the second leg)? What if a team was 12 down from the first leg(despite hsving used tactical rides) could they use the tac ride almost straight awsy in the second? How would that be fair?

And in your example the team would have to wsit until they were 20 down on the night to use a second tacticsl ride.

Nothing to do with "tints", your proposal just doesn't make sense.

Yes he and Doyle tweeting they were Smolinskied. Gafurov the other rider involved has dislocated shoulder.

Yes he and Doyle tweeting they were Smolinskied. Gafurov the other rider involved has dislocated shoulder.

Only the 37th and 38th riders he has taken out this year then.