British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
thebaron

Scunthorpe 2015

sorry wrong and did I mention every wrong guess is a tenner to the srbf :rofl: closeish though

1 - Mellgren for ostergaard?? Edited by DavidHawk

Would Rob drop David now that he has got the no1 spot back? mmm, not too sure "howe" Rob thinks but it could make people up their game, which includes Josh, with the move to EL Fast Track, sure to help him.

Another topic on the threads being the EL to PL conversion being dropped from 1.6 to 1.4.

Rob, also, is basing his team on entertainment where wins might not come easy. Too many like our easy track & we struggle on the tight ones.

2015: R Worrall 7.32 D Howe 7.29 J Auty 7.04 R Douglas 6.73 N Lunna 5.00 MPT 4.92 E Perks 3.00

Note; Worrall & MPT could, also, be back at Belle Vue which could rule 1 of them out if Cookie is still there. MPT I have craftily put in the team NOT on his EL converted CMA of 7.28 but he still has a PL CMA from 2013 of 4.92 riding for Plymouth. I don't know if you can carry it for 2 years but worth a try. There's always corners to be cut somewhere.

Note 2; If no R Worrall & an old favourite coming back, could it be Maggs at 8.40 could be high but his CMA would drop as, I think, he would be easily overtaken on the outside. Another could be Morris at 8.14 & would score away points. Morris is my no1 option.
  • Like 1

Cheers Shrimmy, not seen that as keeping my eyes on Somerset, Ippo & Peterboro threads. Damn. On Ippo thread, someone has posted Worrall going back to where he was before Ippo! Newcastle, Scorpions. We'll see Thursday.

Wilko back!!!!!! courtesy of Scunthorpe Speedway retweet https://twitter.com/SpeedwayScunny

Just because there is a retweeted photo doesnt mean anything!!! if only it was that easy!!

Although Wilko could fit in

If we take the obvious likely 4 as Luna,Howe (old fart to get average age up!!), Douglas and Auty

Then throw in a worrall (suddely being banded about and could see steve possibly to ride closer to home a bit now he has a young one although would have thought last year would have been the year to use him before we then sold him to belle vue)

Throw in Wilko as another old boy

That leaves around 3.5 and someone aged 16/17 to come in under average and have an average age of 24 (which has been metioned)

that would fit ellis perks who has been mentioned alot (although think a lot of other teams will be looking for him).

Only 2 days to wait!!

Edited by The Scunthorpe bullet

I think we could end up with a rider who ain't been mentioned by anyone yet I reckon Perks is a must on three points and would love to see wilko at reserve partnering him and helping him out like he did Matt last year for his first race win.

My last guess

Howe, Auty, Douglas, Nicker, Perks, Wilko and another

There's plenty left that fit leaving Wilko at reserve and just as many who could fill the last spot pushing him into the main body thus leaving points spare if we need to make a change early on.

How many do I have right Mr Moorwell

• Like 1

I think we could end up with a rider who ain't been mentioned by anyone yet I reckon Perks is a must on three points and would love to see wilko at reserve partnering him and helping him out like he did Matt last year for his first race win.

My last guess

Howe, Auty, Douglas, Nicker, Perks, Wilko and another

There's plenty left that fit leaving Wilko at reserve and just as many who could fill the last spot pushing him into the main body thus leaving points spare if we need to make a change early on.

How many do I have right Mr Moorwell

Rearranging the riders that way would leave just under 8 for a rider around 23/24

Timo lahti would fit that especially with the new conversion rate (around 7.43) and would be able to help the Lunatic settle.

Or any new danish 7pt rider i know nicolai was trying to help look at talent over there to see if any wanted to come over but 2 assesed european riders could be a bit risky.

Still not sure perks is likely to be right as alot of teams will be looking at him and think he will end up at coventry riding for the storm which would rule out a friday night PL track.

As a separate note Are we looking to still do a couple of double headers on bank holidays this year with challenge (NL level) matches to at least keep an eye on some of our youngsters development with whichever clubs they race at this season.

IMO Ellis Perks definitely not ready for PL yet. Bags of potential, and will get around 8 ave at NL next season. Possibly one for 2016

• Like 1

Would do no worse than Williamson this season, I think would average 4.00 in the premier league, end of the day, for a 3.00 reserve, if he can get that, and maybe 2 points more a meeting, try his hardest, and you can see that, what else would you want?

Would do no worse than Williamson this season, I think would average 4.00 in the premier league, end of the day, for a 3.00 reserve, if he can get that, and maybe 2 points more a meeting, try his hardest, and you can see that, what else would you want?

Matty O tried his nuts off week in week out, tried different set ups, give the lad some credit he has only been riding competitively for one season. With the right tweaking he can go far and he is a brit

Matty O tried his nuts off week in week out, tried different set ups, give the lad some credit he has only been riding competitively for one season. With the right tweaking he can go far and he is a brit

Not denying that he didn't try his hardest etc, just think Ellis will do the same, if not more.

Would like to see Matt given another chance have seen Ellis a few times this year i would say he is not ready for pl yet and with Matt not long in. The saddle I a, pretty sure he has learnt a lot this year amd will be worth a shot

• Like 1

Guest WTF1

One of the problems with Matt Williamson last season seemed to be confidence so it was a pity that he didn't ride for the Stags in the National League where he could have got more track time and achieved more heat wins against weaker opposition which would have improved his confidence and probably would have scored more in the Premier League