British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
thebaron

Scunthorpe 2015

Everyone's writing their list for Santa it seems....

I don't think its that simple though because we surely have to have some form of 'change' to the British Speedway format for 2015. I will comeback to this during the winter.

But all things being equal; it really is dead simple at the EWR

Dear Santa 'promise to be a good' please can we have.

'Rocket Man' - David Howe

' Flying' Ryan Douglas

'Action Man' Josh Auty

Tommy 'The Gun' Jorgensen

'Captain Fantastic' Ashley Birks

Plus two 'suprises'

Cheers Santa.

If you can find five better Scorpions at PL level AND with the ability to up their game further - then you know better than me.

Nicolai Klindt as a non Scunthorpe asset will likely depart. Leaving us two to find.

But this assumes we are looking at the same 'league structure' as we have now. Somehow me thinks that may not be the case when the tapes go up on 2015.

• Like 2

My only real certainty for next season would be Flying Ryan.No offence to any of our riders but imo we need change........but who

Douglas is too inconsistent as in, he is on the edge all time win it or bin it merchant and his machinery is in poor condition and not maintained. Birks is not a team player, doesn't look out for his team mate and is not particularly a good captain. Howe is the same as Birks. Klindt is too inconsistent, a world beater today and then an also ran tomorrow, just doesn't seem to be on his a game and seems to be injury prone. The team I would like to see if it all fitted and worked out in no particular order:-

OSTERGARRD

WILKINSON

JØRGENSEN

AUTY ©

GRAVERSEN

BENJI COMPTON

SERGEANT

Some old faces there but every rider is a "racer"

I'd build the team around Auty/Howe/ Douglas.

Once again the caveat will be league structure and team building rules. God knows what the AGM will come up with this November.

Think EC RA has it there 'God knows what the AGM will come up with. One things for sure they got to come up with summat or Speedways off down a very slippery slope.

A few interesting things came up in a chat I had and that was 1. The Elite survives with 8 teams and runs on one designated night in the week - say Wednesday. 2. The Elite adopts the Swedish system; and operates a squad system (say 9 riders); two top liners (one parked on the continent) and there is one Development rider in the squad. Riders like Ash and Josh can double up. 3. Premier as we are but Development riders who drop out the Elite (let say Max Clegg) join PL teams. 4. There is some form of regionalised competition that brings the two divisions together - lets say the Elite teams race the PL teams minus their top line riders to equalise the strengths somewhat.

There are four little snippets but I could go into more detail. One things for certain - DOING NOTHING AIN'T AN OPTION.

• Like 1

Everyone's writing their list for Santa it seems....

I don't think its that simple though because we surely have to have some form of 'change' to the British Speedway format for 2015. I will comeback to this during the winter.

But all things being equal; it really is dead simple at the EWR

Dear Santa 'promise to be a good' please can we have.

'Rocket Man' - David Howe

' Flying' Ryan Douglas

'Action Man' Josh Auty

Tommy 'The Gun' Jorgensen

'Captain Fantastic' Ashley Birks

Plus two 'suprises'

Cheers Santa.

If you can find five better Scorpions at PL level AND with the ability to up their game further - then you know better than me.

Nicolai Klindt as a non Scunthorpe asset will likely depart. Leaving us two to find.

But this assumes we are looking at the same 'league structure' as we have now. Somehow me thinks that may not be the case when the tapes go up on 2015.

That base what a cracking five to have, for me there side is so simple no need to change much for change sake.Just try to add to the five it wont be easy but all those five can improve there figures exciting times for the scorpions.

Douglas is too inconsistent as in, he is on the edge all time win it or bin it merchant and his machinery is in poor condition and not maintained. Birks is not a team player, doesn't look out for his team mate and is not particularly a good captain. Howe is the same as Birks. Klindt is too inconsistent, a world beater today and then an also ran tomorrow, just doesn't seem to be on his a game and seems to be injury prone. The team I would like to see if it all fitted and worked out in no particular order:-

OSTERGARRD

WILKINSON

JØRGENSEN

AUTY ©

GRAVERSEN

BENJI COMPTON

SERGEANT

A bottom half PL team in my opinion.

OSTERGARRD

WILKINSON

JØRGENSEN

AUTY ©

GRAVERSEN

BENJI COMPTON

SERGEANT

I was reading that as a serious post until i saw Benji and Graversen called "racers"

Howe 7.29
Birks 5.68
Jorgensen 6.84
Douglas 6.73
Auty 7.04

Bunyan 4.66

Graversen 4.14

Total 42.34

That would leave you with 8.92 for 2 reserves if the limit is still 42.50

Talk of Bunyan wanting to leave Rye, he guested a lot for Scunny in the title winning season. Graversen bit hit and miss but seems to enjoy Scunny most the time. 2 solid reserves all season

Edited by Superstar1

OSTERGARRD

WILKINSON

JØRGENSEN

AUTY ©

GRAVERSEN

BENJI COMPTON

SERGEANT

Some old faces there but every rider is a "racer"[/quote

I didn't take one part of this seriously.......

OSTERGARRD

WILKINSON

JØRGENSEN

AUTY ©

GRAVERSEN

BENJI COMPTON

SERGEANT

love to see sergeant at newcastle

For me changes will happen

1. Howe

2. ?