British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2015

Are you trying to say that Camptons better than his 4.66 average suggests?

not really saying that but yes i would say he's slightly better at the moment but not too much on his day with no machinary problems he can do a job

but more to the point i was saying there are unlucky riders who are better than the average they sit on some are better than the equipment they can afford

also if i was team building he would not have been 1 of the first to be signed theres better out there but i would considor him as part of the overall 7 if the others allowed to take a chance on a rider who MAY improve given a good run

Edited by scarra

so if he is only 'slightly' better then Shads point is valid as he has not achieved the required 7 point average

so if he is only 'slightly' better then Shads point is valid as he has not achieved the required 7 point average

i never said he was i actualy said i didnt think he would make a top rider

the point was shads said he only looked at riders average not there abilaty to improve there avearge

if mason rode at his best all the time and had less machinary issues which he seams to have a lot off who knows he may hit the magic 7pt average

the point was shads said he only looked at riders average not there abilaty to improve there avearge

if mason rode at his best all the time and had less machinary issues which he seams to have a lot off who knows he may hit the magic 7pt average

If I rode in the G.P.s and won every race I would be world champion, but I didn't so I'm not.

• Like 2

If I rode in the G.P.s and won every race I would be world champion, but I didn't so I'm not.

^^^^^^

what he said

Shads is dealing with fact as do the visa requirements.

Opinions dont come into it. we all like to think our chosen 'favourites' are the next Stevie Lawson/Carl stonehewer/Shane Parker. 99.9% of the time we are wrong. thats why average figures are used as a guide and not what we think they could do with Greg Hancocks machinery!

Averages are a far more accurate guide of how decent a rider is than saying 'but in this race he did well' So what? Its ALL races that count and averages are the best indicator there is of that

• Like 2

Nathan Greaves is a great signing. Had fantastic end to 2014. Hopefully get a 5 ave by end of season

• Like 1

Probably a good job MPT quit as the rule that allowed him to drop back down on an old average no longer exists.

Probably a good job MPT quit as the rule that allowed him to drop back down on an old average no longer exists.

The quirky worky magic converter - RIP.

Gone but not forgotten.

How daft do they look now after being so quick to jump on Somerset's case with regards to rules.

lets face it, every teams management/promoters look daft at the start of every season. they build a team up to the previous seasons rules and then the bspa change the rules before the start of the new season.. rules , what rules.?.

How daft do they look now after being so quick to jump on Somerset's case with regards to rules.

But at least they were applying a genuine old rule rather than making up their own.
  • Like 4

But at least they were applying a genuine old rule rather than making up their own.

and a rule that was in force at the time as the bspa accepted it

and a rule that was in force at the time as the bspa accepted it

Unfortunately the BSPA accept & confirm a lot of things, and then all of a sudden that dreaded sound is heard..............."Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep, beware, this vehicle is reversing"

Unfortunately the BSPA accept & confirm a lot of things, and then all of a sudden that dreaded sound is heard..............."Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep, beware, this vehicle is reversing"

yeah when the team managers whos are on the bspa comitee or have conections want to change the rules mid season to suit there own teams

yeah when the team managers whos are on the bspa comitee or have conections want to change the rules mid season to suit there own teams

Nothing to do with that at all, I'm talking about the current situation, just ask you Borders neighbour ;)