British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Posf2 Poole V Kings Lynn

Poole" offal" states meeting for because of waterlogged track

Not what's being said on Sky!

Why did I join this forum?

A team cancel due to rain and safety which is understandable when there is a crater in the track and people come and bad mouth the promotion?

Surely the riders know when it is safe and not these crazy opinions.

In disbelief.

• Like 4

Perhaps some people should listen to Rory.

Re-listened to him. He explained the issue clearly. Bends 1 & 2 got a soaking and when they've took the top surface off it created the said hole.

Where were the covers? Very noticeable that Pearson keeps going on about the covers at Swindon but not a dicky bird about the lack of them at Poole.

the sport in this country has become a complete shambles. rotten to the core. be lucky to have an elite league next season

Why did I join this forum?

A team cancel due to rain and safety which is understandable when there is a crater in the track and people come and bad mouth the promotion?

Surely the riders know when it is safe and not these crazy opinions.

In disbelief.

because they patently didnt want this meeting to go ahead. stinks to high heaven

• Like 3

Muddlo: "We pretended we had a little shower at 4pm, so we'd have to take the top layer off, but we 'accidentally' dug too deep on the first bend and made a big hole that's now unsafe. It's like when Belle Vue turned a tap on on their first bend. It's what all the young promoters are doing these days"

• Like 6

Sky are complicit in this for a reason I can't fathom. Why are they avoiding asking the obvious question.

• Like 1

Apparently, a local bait digger was told there was a swarm of lugworm on the first bend. 'Get down here with your Fork chap, i can give you an hour' ..... said Matt.

• Like 3

Sky are complicit in this for a reason I can't fathom. Why are they avoiding asking the obvious question.

Not that obvious... which question?

Apparently, a local bait digger was told there was a swarm of lugworm on the first bend. 'Get down here with your Fork chap, i can give you an hour' ..... said Matt.

Love it.

Not that obvious... which question?

Why did Swindon cover the track and do everything possible to get the meeting on, whereas Poole left the track uncovered and did everything possible to get the meeting off?

Do any team stand to benefit from getting the meeting put back to a later date?

Edited by John Leslie
  • Like 5

Why did Swindon cover the track and do everything possible to get the meeting on, whereas Poole left the track uncovered and did everything possible to get the meeting off?

Do any team stand to benefit from getting the meeting put back to a later date?

Would Poole have more of their own riders back? If so, whilst questionable cancellation, maybe better for the sport?

Digging into the base when blading off the top is pure incompetence IMO.

• Like 7