British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Posf2 Poole V Kings Lynn

We're splitting hairs here.,, Had the drainage been affective then the covers aren't so important. But for the 'Covers' to be affective, the drainage need to work efficiently to take the excess water away.

Looking at 'Covers' to be the answer to everything is totally wrong... all they will ever do is to assist in track preparation.

Think it goes without saying the drainage needs to be effective for the covers to work effectively.

They can't put them down today as like Monmore the track is waterlogged.

Sky are not covering the EL semi final at Poole,so your point is invalid and you would have thought a club of Wolves stature would have their own covers especially when the forecast is good for today, lots of drying out time.

Make up your mind FB. Does the track have time to dry (as you suggest Wolves should) or is the track to waterlogged??

Or are you just trying to troll for fun??

Either way best get your argument and point straight and clear! ;)

Yet a club of Poole`s stature don't need covers?

Priceless.

Like you say with plenty of drying out time today then can be no excuse why Poole don't get the covers down today. Unless you can think of another excuse?

How many times must you be told, YOU CANNOT PUT COVERS ON A SODDEN TRACK. We have no drying wind down here, we have a cold wind, and that is no good to man nor mouse. :icon_smile_clown:

• Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:10 AM

Sorry but as much as I despise Ward the person he is well ahead of Lambert at 16.
oops!! so you didn't post this on the international forum(yet another forum)
Titled - Young Pawliki is he a star in the making started by sidney sep10th
and posted by you on the 18th sept??
I repeat what I have said - you are all over the other forums making your sniping negative comments
and tell lies at the same time. You seem to have embarrassed yourself

its the same forum you spanner! different sections of the same forum.

cant stand Ward the person but as a rider he is class.

if you pathetically have to trawl the forum (singular) then you must lead a sad life.

do me a favour and put me on ignore pal then you dont have to read what i write instead of just hurling abuse

How many times must you be told, YOU CANNOT PUT COVERS ON A SODDEN TRACK. We have no drying wind down here, we have a cold wind, and that is no good to man nor mouse. :icon_smile_clown:

aaarrrrgghhhhh!

we are not saying you can!!!!!

we are saying the track had to of been dry at some point when they repaired the hole so why couldnt they put the covers down then????

all you are doing is as usual avoiding the question!!

or is the hole not fixed??

Think it goes without saying the drainage needs to be effective for the covers to work effectively.

Make up your mind FB. Does the track have time to dry (as you suggest Wolves should) or is the track to waterlogged??

Or are you just trying to troll for fun??

Either way best get your argument and point straight and clear! ;)

Lots of drying time without covers. As much as you keep harping on about covers doesn't change the fact that you can't put covers on a wet track, hopefully by tonight the track will be alot drier but poole speedway will not be allowed access until tomorrow when it could well be raining again, there is dog racing tonight so anyone could venture into a bookies and check the state of the track for themselves

WHY THEN (IF) THE HOLE WAS REPAIRED, WAS THE TRACK NOT COVERED UP AT THAT POINT?????????????????

• Like 1

I have asked for pictures and you cant provide. You seem to know about all the track prep and how the track has looked on a daily basis yet no pics to prove. Says all i need to know.

Assuming as always.

WHY THEN (IF) THE HOLE WAS REPAIRED, WAS THE TRACK NOT COVERED UP AT THAT POINT?????????????????

You wont get a sensible answer from the blinkered lot!

Lots of drying time without covers. As much as you keep harping on about covers doesn't change the fact that you can't put covers on a wet track, hopefully by tonight the track will be alot drier but poole speedway will not be allowed access until tomorrow when it could well be raining again, there is dog racing tonight so anyone could venture into a bookies and check the state of the track for themselves

So i guess with lots of drying time the covers can go down tonight then cant they?

Wolves are in the same situation with greyhounds, yet Doc works on the track Sunday and from VERY early Monday morning before a race meet.

If the track is drying tonight there is no reason why track prep cant happen AFTER the Greyhounds.

Wolves can so no excuse that Poole cant.

Or is this still part of the excuses?

Come on FB, you are one of the more sensible Poole posters. There is no reason why covers cant be put down AFTER the greyhounds tonight.

I have asked for pictures and you cant provide. You seem to know about all the track prep and how the track has looked on a daily basis yet no pics to prove. Says all i need to know.

Assuming as always.

You wont get a sensible answer from the blinkered lot!

So i guess with lots of drying time the covers can go down tonight then cant they?

Wolves are in the same situation with greyhounds, yet Doc works on the track Sunday and from VERY early Monday morning before a race meet.

If the track is drying tonight there is no reason why track prep cant happen AFTER the Greyhounds.

Wolves can so no excuse that Poole cant.

Or is this still part of the excuses?

Come on FB, you are one of the more sensible Poole posters. There is no reason why covers cant be put down AFTER the greyhounds tonight.

If you can find a volunteer that wants to work at that time of night, poole have dog racing in the evening not the afternoon like Monmore

To be fair the Poole spokesman has been on here a lot saying how wet the track is,and they haven't been able to put covers down because the track is stodgy and you can't put covers down on a wet track.Oh and the hole has been repaired.

So step forward Starman for keeping all the public informed ;)

Just hope he can inform earlier enough if it's called off tomorrow to save any Lynn fans putting anymore miles on top of the 700+ they may have done in 2 wasted journeys already

rob Lyon in the local rag does not mention the tie being decided off track if both dates are washed out this week. He also says maybe the meeting can be run next weekend if it's off!

Well the forecast is not too clever for tomorrow, so the way things are going we may have two EL championship play-offs next season, the opening meeting, for 2014, and the final meeting, for 2015!!!

Poole, the self-professed most professional team in the EL, knackered the end of the 2014 season by poor track maintenance, bet their sponsors are happy!!!

• Like 2

If you can find a volunteer that wants to work at that time of night, poole have dog racing in the evening not the afternoon like Monmore

Wolves have day and evening greyhounds, and i know for sure if the plea came for volunteers to help at Wolves people would come.

Id imagine the same with Poole fans who are equally as passionate about their club.

looking at the forecast i would say thursday has a better chance than tomorrow, lets hope for some dry weather and some good racing.

looking at the forecast i would say thursday has a better chance than tomorrow, lets hope for some dry weather and some good racing.

Stars are without Porsing on Thursday, and on his average his irreplaceable.

We should refuse to race.

This is going to get messy, and no matter what happens, Poole will go through and probably win the final BUT NO ONE WILL CARE.

• Like 1

Stars are without Porsing on Thursday, and on his average his irreplaceable.

We should refuse to race.

This is going to get messy, and no matter what happens, Poole will go through and probably win the final BUT NO ONE WILL CARE.

The thursday rain off date has been known for some time and yes there will be quite a few who will care, can't see missing Porsing makes much difference.

The thursday rain off date has been known for some time and yes there will be quite a few who will care, can't see missing Porsing makes much difference.

All teams should wait until its a dry day and are at full strength.

All of it is rubbish. Dates being put back, clubs making huge mistakes with track prep. Its all become a damp squib of an event with disorganised chaos running supreme.

There needs to be a better way to manage what should be the most prestigious finale to our league season

Why was poole unavailable on monday?? Digs?? Sorry dogs??

Maybe the time team have found shovlars Roman sandals.... :shock: