British Speedway Forum

Yes Kevin Bacon saying we need a big hitter at no1 but also says come back next year Rohan. On 8+ he would have to fill that role and he's certainly not a big no1 yet.

Monarchs have a big hitting number 1 and an 8 pointer.

In fact they started the season with the top 2 having higher combined averages than they have finished it with (same riders though).

I can understand those saying Rohan is a risk on his average, but he's our asset, has improved each year and it would leave a slight sour taste if he was left out for me.

I do share the same concerns as others regarding him though so I'm on the fence.

• Like 1

Maybe we could bring in a slightly higher average than Rohan's as TheScotsman says and find a 3 pointer like Edinburgh did with Steve Worrall this year. Do play-off matches and koc count towards averages as if they do I would imagine Rohan's average would've gone down so he might not be over eight to finish the season.

Apparently there's 4 pages on the withches in the paper. Can anyone sort out a link for us that live 1400 kms away ?

I can understand those saying Rohan is a risk on his average, but he's our asset, has improved each year and it would leave a slight sour taste if he was left out for me.

I do share the same concerns as others regarding him though so I'm on the fence.

I agree. He has been loyal to Ipswich and improved every year. But he is not yet an out & out No 1.

If I remember correctly, at the beginning of the season Chris Louis said that he had got 3 year work visa's for Rohan & Cameron, at some expence, aswell. Does that mean that they can only race for the club that obtained the visa's ?

As some others have said, I am also not convinced that Danny King will be the answer.

In my opinion there is only 1 out and out number 1 in the premier, and that's cook. King is a number one, but his average is a lot lower than cooks, and for king to get his current average, he must have been averaging lower than it to get it down from his starting average. I would have thought he could stop it going down further though.

What we really need is a proper racer instead of one or both the gaters we have.

I don't think next season's team will be any better than this seasons, but hopefully it will be more consistent.

Having read that, I thought I would do a bit of investigating to see how true or wrong you are. This has been mortens best season by far, and according to others, Wells not best season, so this should be interesting, the scores are this seasons only.

At Berwick Wells scored 6 and 12

Morten scored 9

Somerset Wells 8 morten 4 and 4

Rye Wells 8 morten 14 and 9

Sheffield Wells 6 and 5 morten 7

Scunthorpe Wells 9 and 10 morten 7 and 4

Edinburgh Wells 12 and 7 morten 5 and 0

Glasgow Wells 7 and 7 morten 5

Plymouth Wells 7 morten 14 and 8

Redcar Wells 6 morten 6

Newcastle Wells 13 morten 7

Peterborough Wells 9 morten 6 and 9

And at Ipswich Wells scored 9 while at Workington morten scored 8

Now looking at those scores, it doesn't look like Wells goes missing as much as you would have us believe.

Ricky Wells will start the season well (when he is trying to impress the fans and management), Tail off big style then pick up at the end of the season (when he is trying to secure a ride for the following season)

We had 2 years of this at Sheffield. Very frustrating and I would not want him back at owlerton under any circumstances

Apparently there's 4 pages on the withches in the paper. Can anyone sort out a link for us that live 1400 kms away ?

I'm trying to copy the text. I'll work out how to post it later

It's just popped up on lovespeedway24.co.uk

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

I'm trying to copy the text. I'll work out how to post it later

It's just popped up on lovespeedway24.co.uk

finish your meal first part time supporter! wink

In my opinion there is only 1 out and out number 1 in the premier, and that's cook.

Id say Stead is a proper number 1 aswell..

Oh yeah, forgot about him, although I would take cook over stead at premier level.

After yet another brilliant display from Wells tonight, he surely must be considered, especially as a third heat leader that rides our track as good as a number 1

Edited by Baldyman

He certainly couldve done little more if he was aiming to impress.

• Like 1

Here we go:

King, Worrall, Wells, Manzares, Heeps, Hawkins & a 3 pointer (depending on the final Greensheets they might be able to squeeze in Bates under 42.50, otherwise ... Halsey?).

Tungate & Risager could go to, e.g. Workington, Sheffield or Berwick.

Ellis becomes a "victim" of the points limit, but would have a shed load of teams looking to help him build his experience - while the most important thing for the young man to do is to get a new EL home circuit.

Edited by Had Enough Too

Here we go:

King, Worrall, Wells, Manzares, Heeps, Hawkins & a 3 pointer (depending on the final Greensheets they might be able to squeeze in Bates under 42.50, otherwise ... Halsey?).

Tungate & Risager could go to, e.g. Workington, Sheffield or Berwick.

Ellis becomes a "victim" of the points limit, but would have a shed load of teams looking to help him build his experience - while the most important thing for the young man to do is to get a new EL home circuit.

Would have 3.21 for the final place, Bates too high but James Sarjeant would fit.

Or could swap Risager and Tungate for King and a 5 pointer

Danny King 8.84

Gino Manzares 6.02
Cameron Heeps 5.38
Ritchie Hawkins 5.27
Richie Worrall 7.32
Arthur Sissis/ Jack Holder 5.00
Adam Ellis 4.67
Total 42.50