British Speedway Forum

Well , although the win at Plymouth and progression in the league cup is obviously very welcome it does absolutely nothing to inspire me whatsoever with the Witches at the moment . To be perfectly honest virtually every team thats gone there has won and with them only having one reserve it should only ever have been a comfortable victory .

There still appears to be a number of underlying problems within the ranks of the Witches ( from management down ) that seriously need sorting out starting with the ability to be able to ride their own track !

Personally I've always seen Foxhall as a traditionally shaped circuit that's always been prepared fairly for both teams but of late it's been prepared very grippy and we just can't handle it !

For the Witches to win anything Foxhall needs to become a fortress and if I was in charge I'd make damn sure the track was in perfect condition for my team !

As far as the team is concerned some of them just haven't come to the party yet , also physical and mental strength appears to be lacking which needs to be addressed pronto !

Inspirational leadership is also paramount to any success in my opinion . Im not convinced the current team manager fulfills that criteria with some strange decisions particularly on reserve switches or lack of them .

Continuing on the leadership front much as it pains me to say it having your team captain leading from the back is not the best motivation for the rest of the side , Ritchie needs to step it up a gear or two to get the team firing in all cylinders as they say .

That's my current assessment of the situation so over to the rest of you to shoot me down .

• Like 2

I agree with Super Blue's post.

But, about the track, is it being prepared grippy to get the team able to ride that type of track as they have had problems with grippy tracks before.

Also, the racing should be better with some grip in the track, so it may be prepared like that with the intention of giving the spectators a better meeting to watch.

Another problem is that the Ipswich team are not able to practice on the track, which is a big problem when track conditions are not consistent.

Just some thoughts.

• Like 1

I need to be positive about things as Im planning to be at Redcar this week and dont think I can face it unless I concvince myself things will get better!!

I hope the Plymouth match can be the watershed for the season. Onwards and upwards from here.

We are a much better team than we have shown so far.

We are only a much better team when everyone rides to their potential. Sadly it's very rare that they all do that on the same night. Good luck at Redcar bruv, I'm giving this away one a miss, but am going to Workington and Glasgow on the same weekend next month.

Im expecting it to be just my son and me cheering on the Witches.

Fingers crossed they can produce a track to last 15 heats and that we can actually ride/race it.

Matt Tressarieu would be ok as a temporary signing. Said It before but I don't like R/R especially for a run of meetings.

• Like 1

I agree its time for leadership at Ipswich

If I were in charge, Louis would take over as Manager with immediate effect

I would also take the captaincy away from Hawkins and give it to King, its a young team they need to look to their leader and without the responsibility hopefully Hawkins can step it up

• Like 1