British Speedway Forum

Dramatic @ipswichspeedway news on the back of tomorrow's @ipswichstar24

Hmm so whats Dramatic then? i'll go for a team change....

Stadium being sold for development?

Going Elite League next year?

Lakeside taking over?

Edited by northyorksbear

and giving him advanced driving lessons. rolling a cube, how hard can that be. then again you can roll a dice.

ive heard Kesgrave School of Motoring is very good.

What do you think bruv?? wink

And the dramatic news on the back of the Ipswich star is,

"Stefan Nielsen is back from his van crash"

Although I'm mighty pleased he wasn't badly hurt and is back it wasn't what I was expecting. Actually I'm not really sure what I was expecting but hey ho I suppose these reporter types have to promote stuff however they can!

So what went wrong tonight? Track? Riders? Manager? Management team? Are we still good enough to win title?

• Like 1

Couldnt gate yet again. Yards behind in more than the odd heat.

As often when behind we looked panicky and unsure of how to execute a pass.

In general we looked like the away side so to speak.

Looks like we will struggle to even make the play offs IMO.

• Like 1

You couldn't make it up!! Ipswich team manager taking photographs of the opposing team in the pits before the start. John Berry (God rest his soul) must be turning in his grave.

• Like 1

Maybe he is a Newcastle fan and took the opportunity to get some snaps and autographs of his favourite riders

Let's hope his Newcastle rider pictures come out better than his team managing efforts. It sounds like he should be back as a 'snapper' sooner rather than later if the Louis's want to start sorting out this current downward spiralling mess of a club!

• Like 2

Although I witnessed the very pleasing victory at Peterborough and much needed it was too I have to say there are still problems in the Witches camp that need sorting out !

Firstly , the total inability to ride our own track needs to be addressed , the only time we ever look good on it is with no dirt and smooth/slick as a billiard table . This has got to change !

On the team manager front I will give him credit for making all the right decisions at Peterborough but I have to say that was a first for the season .

As far as the team goes most appear to have mental strength problems when it comes to riding at Foxhall and seem to use completely the wrong lines .

Danny , a superb confident no1, no problems with him , a revelation !

Gino , not really got going yet this season due to ??? and injury . Badly needs to get to that magic 7pt average .

Nico , been a great signing , no complaints whatsoever , superb effort !

Cam , also not shown of his best so far prior to his broken wrist . Needs to step it up on his return .

Rohan , scores reasonable , ok when in front but never looks quick and seems to ride the wrong lines when behind .

Stefan , very up and down and doesn't seem to like Foxhall very much .

Ritchie , really has issues this year and needs to sort himself out or be replaced im sad to say .

A couple of the lads are above the criticism but the rest need to take a long hard look at themselves especially at home .

As a team we should be doing much much better for the home fans , if we're not winning they will slowly continue to drift away !

No need for knee jerk reactions for changes IMO.

Obviously agree with the concerns raised and have stated many myself.

Playing devils advocate what real options are there?

IF you replaced Rohan you would have to look at an untried 7 pointer. Not a better option IMO.

If you replaced Ritchie you would need someone with an established average as he is now under 5. Who is there? Has Morris signed anywhere? Would Adam be an option? Again though you may well get similar inconsistant scores.

Get Cam back,fingers crossed for no more injuries and see how it goes for July at least.

Personally apart from King and Covatti you could replace any of the other 5. But like Bruv has said don't think there are any "like for like" replacements. Maybe yesterday's threat of replacement did the trick after the Peterborough result. It's Somerset this week so if they lose again at home then yes changes should he made as for whatever reason the Rebels are shocking at Foxhall!