British Speedway Forum

Lose at home to Somerset?

Yeah right!

I'm not saying we will win by any stretch of the imagination, but we are a completely different proposition to the start of the season.

Lose at home to Somerset?

Yeah right!

If we can lose at home to Sheffield and Newcastle anything is possible!

Is it time for the skipper to go?

Apart from one meeting away, Hawkins has been absolutely woeful all season.

Yes others haven't pulled up trees either, but let's call a spade a spade here Hawkins has been crap and the worst of the lot. He's lucky to still be in the side IMO.

Trouble is, his average is dropping all the time. That just makes it even harder to replace him. When their average is 5 or over its easier to find a replacement. We also know there is more low scoring performances still to come.

I'm sure he will keep his place while his still riding Chris Louis engines! - why cut off the hand that feeds you?

Did he not have a supposedly a 'New' engine for the Peterborough meeting?

Mind you I'm sure Kevin Doolan was in the same position a few seasons back and finally did get the sack and after leaving he started scoring very well again for Redcar on engines tuned by someone different I think?

I'm pretty sure Doolan wasn't on CL tuned engines up to his departure (I wont comment on who did them), but you're right they were dog slow. Just to add, there is a difference between tuning and servicing.

Edited by Roland

Was told that one of the injured was the trackman Bob Ellis, so that was confirmed then.

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

Best wishes to all 3.

Get well soon Bob.

• Like 1

Get well soon bob. I'm guessing that means louis will be preparing another crap track Thursday then

• Like 1

Well I don't know where to start..... I'm absolutely disgusted with and amazed at what I have just watched. 8 points up and still can't win. Surely someone must take responsibility for the under performing team. The manager ??? The riders (well some of them) ??? Or even the promotion ??? I know everybody has their own views but mine is quite simple.... If you don't perform you lose your job that's what happens in all other work places. The most disappointing thing this season has been the lack of team riding from the witches..... Tun gate is the worst offender (heat 13 I'll say no more). Why are we still running R/R? Is it the cheep option? One last thing.... If I hear that we've got a good team on paper one more time I think I might do something regretful. Anyway rant over..... Come on the witches!

• Like 1

Well I don't know where to start..... I'm absolutely disgusted with and amazed at what I have just watched. 8 points up and still can't win. Surely someone must take responsibility for the under performing team. The manager ??? The riders (well some of them) ??? Or even the promotion ??? I know everybody has their own views but mine is quite simple.... If you don't perform you lose your job that's what happens in all other work places. The most disappointing thing this season has been the lack of team riding from the witches..... Tun gate is the worst offender (heat 13 I'll say no more). Why are we still running R/R? Is it the cheep option? One last thing.... If I hear that we've got a good team on paper one more time I think I might do something regretful. Anyway rant over..... Come on the witches!

I've made that very point myself before about underperforming . In my job if im not up to scratch I'll get warned , if im still not doing the right thing I might get a second warning if im lucky then i would be gone !

With the team we have we should be doing much better at home and at some point a difficult decision needs to be made to let a rider or two go , will the promotion have the balls to make that decision , probably not !

• Like 1

8 up with 4 to go, can only be the riders, you cant possibly blame the promotion or Manager for that. Danny gets his first bad gate of the season and Rohan stops him making progress. Then as the track isn't prepared like it has been, when Nico fails to make the gate he can't do what he's been doing all season and win 12 & 14.

As for R/R, I can't see there's another rider sitting at home waiting for a call who could do better.

Edited by spanner47

Felt sorry for Nico last night , ok he's not the best gater in the team so what he lacks in gating he makes up for in effort he puts in and he skill at finding the dirt and grip to pass.

But last night no matter how hard he tried the track just didn't give him the grip , such a shame as he's been the most exciting rider in the team at home this season with his ability to come from the back .

• Like 3