British Speedway Forum

I've posted a link to the interviews, as some had expressed an interest in listening to them (me included, as I missed the original broadcast). Other than that, I would rather not make any comment. Thank you ;)

Didn't think so :lol: and perfectly understandable too ;)

I've supported ipswich for a few years now ( obviously ) and although i haven't followed this particular incident too closely, I take anything said in public ( by either riders or management ) with the biggest pinch of salt imaginable. Riders have ups and downs and sometimes the different between success and giving up can be measured in millimetres . What's said in public and what goes on behind the scenes are two completely different things. debate is a good thing but experience tells me that whats on here is rarely the full picture.

I hope you guys turn it around for the rest of the season.

• Like 5

I liked Jonnys post above mostly for the last line. I think thats what we all want.

Also agree with the general sentiment albeit that these 2 conversations were rather more candid than most sporting interviews.

Well this is all very sad and doing the Witches and speedway no good at all. I cannot remember these confrontations happening at Ipswich for many a moon.

In my opinion at the start of the season I thought Hawkins should not have been included in the side because he was not good enough and quite evident sometimes on poor equipment. I was quite surprised he was included in the team and so its now proved but to late to save our season. I do not know Hilton so cannot say much about his ability to select the right riders at the right time but seem to have done ok. Rohan Tungate is an enigma, you never know which Rohan is going to turn up. The one that tries his heart out, or the one that seems uninterested. I feel that a great deal lies in his court for our poor season and other seasons come to that. We need a good back-up for Danny in heats 13 and 15 and we don't get it very often so therefore there lies a lot of our problems together with a great deal of poor starts to the meetings.

Edited by Alan R Horne

Changing the subject a little now that the dust has hopefully settled from the past coupe of days any Witches making the trip to Cardiff next weekend for the GP ?

Staying in Portishead for the weekend so Cardiff on the Sat for the GP , still in two minds to attend the Premier Pairs at Somerset on the friday night .

Confirmed in the Ipswich Star today that Heeps is due to make his return next Thursday along with Morris making his debut against his former club.

Now we're back to a seven man team hopefully now things can settle down and we can make a charge for those play offs.

Its still not good enough even with a seven man team.

This must be some kind of joke?

@ipswichspeedway: Due to technical problems we are unable to update our website and it will be temporarily unavailable until further notice! #RT

The site must have been suffering these problems for years as it must be the worst site out there for keeping things current, upto date information etc - Lol

• Like 2

Well it hadn't been updated for weeks.

It's good for cam and ash that they are starting against easy opposition.

@ipswichspeedway: Due to technical problems we are unable to update our website and it will be temporarily unavailable until further notice! #RT

Maybe it was Ritchie who done the website and he has locked everyone out. :lol:

Back to the team, now that Cam is supposedly on the way back maybe it's the time to switch the riding order. Put Cam at 2, Gino at 3, Rohan at 4 and Nico at 5.

Changing the subject a little now that the dust has hopefully settled from the past coupe of days any Witches making the trip to Cardiff next weekend for the GP ?

Staying in Portishead for the weekend so Cardiff on the Sat for the GP , still in two minds to attend the Premier Pairs at Somerset on the friday night .

We're going, first time since 2009.

We are taking the one day coach, should be fun, it's gone full circle now as that is how I started going to Cardiff!

The site must have been suffering these problems for years as it must be the worst site out there for keeping things current, upto date information etc - Lol

I blame Hilton.

• Like 1

there are 2 coaches going for weekend plus the day coach.

@Mike_Bacon: In @ipswichstar24 paper today BIG backing for Hilton from Louis @ipswichspeedway @speedwaystarmag plus Louis on his riders

Quite right too.

Oh dear, a Vote of Confidence for the TM from the Owner - If this was a Football Club I'd be worried Phil but in Speedway your safe as houses (I think?)