British Speedway Forum

Oh dear, a Vote of Confidence for the TM from the Owner - If this was a Football Club I'd be worried Phil but in Speedway your safe as houses (I think?)

Do you ever post anything remotely positive?

Totally agree that it is right for Chris to come out and back Phil. If he didnt then the only other choice would be to sack him.

If there are any aspects of Phils approach to the job that Chris isnt 100% happy with then I wouldnt expect to hear about in in the media at all either. Quite rightly that should/would be in house.

I hope its all a clean slate and move forward positively from here.

• Like 2

Chris is still positive that we can finish top 3 and go on and win the league. I'm hoping he is right. Whatever happens they are a damn sight better than our current position in the league. I'm going to be totally positive and say I think Chris is right. Up the witches.

• Like 1

Louis said " Look I'm not going to say Ive been thrilled with some of the comments flying around by both Phil and Ritchie over recent days. but now we have to look forward. I'll be honest and say I'm a little bit disappointed with the progress of Gino, Cam and Rohan have made. I really need them to kick on and I'm not going to lie about that"

Louis said " Look I'm not going to say Ive been thrilled with some of the comments flying around by both Phil and Ritchie over recent days. but now we have to look forward. I'll be honest and say I'm a little bit disappointed with the progress of Gino, Cam and Rohan have made. I really need them to kick on and I'm not going to lie about that"

And your point is ???

Chris is right. Not one of those riders has improved really and one has gone backwards a fair bit and the team was built on all of them improving. The fact that nico has done as good as he has has taken the spotlight of those riders performances being a bit below par. Now with a fresh start and a few things in the open I think they may just perform a bit better. Cam needs to get into his stride pretty quickly though if we are now going to make an push for the tittle.

And your point is ???

Maybe his point is showing some of us what Chris said?
  • Like 1

Chris is right. Not one of those riders has improved really and one has gone backwards a fair bit and the team was built on all of them improving. The fact that nico has done as good as he has has taken the spotlight of those riders performances being a bit below par. Now with a fresh start and a few things in the open I think they may just perform a bit better. Cam needs to get into his stride pretty quickly though if we are now going to make an push for the tittle.

Maybe his point is showing some of us what Chris said?

Good point well put :-)

Chris is still positive that we can finish top 3 and go on and win the league. I'm hoping he is right. Whatever happens they are a damn sight better than our current position in the league. I'm going to be totally positive and say I think Chris is right. Up the witches.

As you may have worked out....I don't always agree with you (especially some of your anti-RT comments). But fair play to you for this post. I would like to associate myself with it, in its entirety.

Absolutely correct. I'm on the same page as Louis on this one, and anyone picking sides without knowing the whole story is very very misguided imo. Washing your dirty laundry in public is never a good idea...

As you may have worked out....I don't always agree with you (especially some of your anti-RT comments). But fair play to you for this post. I would like to associate myself with it, in its entirety.

I know I come across as anti tungate. But most of it is because I know he can do so much better. It's hard driving 7 hours and costing lots of money to watch riders under perform. I'm sure he is a great lad really and maybe I sometimes go over the top. I just would like to see him sometimes give it that little bit more. I'm rohan if you read this I apologise for my harsh criticism sometimes.
  • Like 1

Tungate came as an assessed 5 pointer, same as so many others. I do find it kind of harsh that the lad has been one of the very very few that have progressed in to a heatleader, and yet still come under so much stick from his own supporters.

Heeps as an example, gets a completely free ride and yet he hasn't progressed anywhere near Tungates level in the same space of time.

Absolutely correct. I'm on the same page as Louis on this one, and anyone picking sides without knowing the whole story is very very misguided imo. Washing your dirty laundry in public is never a good idea...

But is was Hawkins "washing his dirty laundry" in public in which Hilton was asked to respond.

Obviously everyone is different and maybe you would have been one who refused to comment?

But if I was in Hilton's shoes and was asked my response to Hawkins' interview, I honestly don't think I would have been quite as reserved as Phil Hilton was.

Anyway all water under the bridge now? Hopefully everyone can move on and a big joint effort from riders, management and supporters can see us in to those play offs.

From a Mike Bacon tweet

"New ipswich speedway capt Danny King 'Ritchie was right about too much negativity around the club. That's got to change.'"

From a Mike Bacon tweet

"New ipswich speedway capt Danny King 'Ritchie was right about too much negativity around the club. That's got to change.'"

Mike Bacon has also tweeted that all the lads are behind Phil Hilton and its time to re-group..........Good to see Ash scoring 6+2 for King's Lynn tonight including 3 victories over Adam Ellis....nice one...more of the same for the Witches please

• Like 1