British Speedway Forum

Who are the last two then?

My money is still on Lanham being one of them. Wouldn't rule out Chris Mills either. Neither would be very inspiring but we'll see only a few hours to wait!

I'll pick up a copy of the Star around 7.30 in the morning on the way to work so I'll post the names on here around then.

Unless Super Blue beats me to it which he normally does! :D

The one day I'm actually interested in something that's in the paper and it doesn't come through my door at about 6-15 as it usually does, typical!

You might beat me to it yet CardinalSin.

Let the drum roll begin.

Bbc radio Suffolk said Covatti & Nielsen.

I'd say that's significantly better than Lanham & Jacobs.

I'd say that's significantly better than Lanham & Jacobs.

Agreed I'm happy with that could have been a lot worse! King and Tungate will score points at the top end no danger, Covatti and Nielsen likewise at reserve. Just need the youngsters in the engine room to crack on again and we should do ok.

Only English rider with a foreign sounding name I can think of is Stefan Nielsen.

He signed for anybody yet?

he has now!

So we get the rider with GP experience and the Brit with a foreign name.

Mixed feelings for me.

Covatti should murder his 4.2 average from reserve and has to give any justification for dropping Adam.

Stefan is almost the forgotten talent. Two years ago many were expecting him in our side and we had the surprise of Adam instead. SA second chance for him to make a real step forward.

Only English rider with a foreign sounding name I can think of is Stefan Nielsen.

He signed for anybody yet?

he has now!

So we get the rider with GP experience and the Brit with a foreign name.

Mixed feelings for me.

Covatti should murder his 4.2 average from reserve and has to give any justification for dropping Adam.

Stefan is almost the forgotten talent. Two years ago many were expecting him in our side and we had the surprise of Adam instead. Since then he has stalled a bit.A second chance for him to make a real step forward.

This side,unlike previous starting line ups, wont get the favourites tag IMO. Should provide real racing entertainment though and surely thats what its all about in the end.

In theory anyone other than King & Tungate could end up at reserve ensuring two strong ones all season. Even though there will be less fanfare than before I think this team could quietly do rather well. Must make the Foxhole a fortress though, it's what successful teams are built on.

For what its worth....my thoughts........Covatti could be a great signing. Might be missing some Saturdays if he gets the SGP call up due to injuries, but as above should absolutely slaughter his average if he gets going. Stefan needs help, previously he has struggled getting mechanics and getting his kit sorted generally. If this can be addressed, presumably CL will be on top of this, he could really kick on. Over and out!

Edited by Roland

Well, I'm pleased with 5 of the team and not so happy about 2 of them.

I think the side overall will do reasonably well but it's not a trophy winning one in my opinion.

Will go into some depth later when I've had a chance to take it in and not supposed to be working.

Covatti is a decent signing at reserve, but Neilsen seems to get himself into a lot of bother and is frequently injured

Edited by Shads

Covatti is a decent signing at reserve, but Neilsen seems to get himself into a lot of bother and is frequently injured

He does tend to bite the dust an awful lot, but he can be quick when he stays upright.

No offence to Joe Jacobs who seemed like our other option, but I definitely think we made the right decision in going for Nielsen.

Edit: Come to think of it, both Covatti and Manzares seem to like the taste of shale too so we could be in for some long drawn out evenings on the Heath next year!!

Edited by CardinalSin

with what you had left, 2 decent signings with potential for improvement in both. Certainly a capable team, but for winning honors, not for me, but you never know how the season will unfold.