British Speedway Forum
rustyre bel1

Somerset V Ipswich Fri 10th Oct

One of our worst tracks so my heart says we can do it but my head says we will get thrashed

If they want it enough, they will get in the dirt on the fastest line and go for it. However, i'm not sure all the team will do that..

If they want it enough, they will get in the dirt on the fastest line and go for it. However, i'm not sure all the team will do that..

being honest they wont . Worrall, Tungate, Risager all what i would class white line riders. Gino, Heeps and Hawkins will try but still cant see anything but a thumping 55-35

I'm gonna start being positive and say we will get the point we need, I can see morten and rohans back wheels kissing the air fence right now as the Somerset riders crawl round they curb.

• Like 2

Get real people !

We could have the current top 5 in the GP standings in the Witches line up on Friday and still get battered . We are totally crap at the OTA .

The optimists of this world will only ever have disappointment ahead . Pessimists (like me) don't expect anything so if something good happens its a bonus .

But in this case there's only one outcome gonna happen on Friday and it isn't a positive one for Witches fans .

It would take a miracle of biblical proportions or some kind of divine intervention to get even remotely close to achieving what we need to qualify as group winners .

Believe me , I would absolutely love the boys to prove me wrong and make me eat the biggest slice of humble pie in history but it just isn't going to happen !

• Like 1

For many years theOTA track was prepared in such a way that you could use the full width and still win a race, for the past 18 months it has become a one line track and is it a coincidence that in that time crowd levels seem to have become depressed. The track man, I believe has changed would be nice to bring Eric Boocock back for a couple of days to put it back a few years.

• Like 1

Same track man Ez

when was the last time you where at the OTA still got loads of lines

• Like 1

For many years theOTA track was prepared in such a way that you could use the full width and still win a race, for the past 18 months it has become a one line track and is it a coincidence that in that time crowd levels seem to have become depressed. The track man, I believe has changed would be nice to bring Eric Boocock back for a couple of days to put it back a few years.

The track is the same for all riders it's just a matter of what riders adapt to the conditions fastest, it could be Somerset or it could be Ipswich or it could be both which could result in a draw.

No track ends up the same as it started, the lines can alter each lap then take into consideration the track grading after every four races, and if a rider has the balls to chase the dirt line then he deserves the win

Tracks are set up to suit the home teams , how often do you see a team manager from the away side having a quiet word with the track man ? That would be never .

All irrelevant anyway as the OTA isn't a Witches type track however it's set up , the result isn't in doubt even before the first race .

A huge home win !

Im with Super blue i think we will be lucky to get anywhere near 40.

gon on lads will be happy to eat humble pie

Is it just me but does anyone think the season has already ended with the recent lack of matches and the poor weather?

The weather can't be helped, but the stupid play-off system has had an impact, because both last season and this the Witches had to miss a week when the opposition couldn't be arranged - even though those weeks were earmarked for the play-offs.

Anyway, it must be near the start of the season - it's the League Cup Final tomorrow night :)

We could have the current top 5 in the GP standings in the Witches line up on Friday and still get battered.

That sort of aligns with my already stated feeling that the Witches just don't seem to have the "killer instinct".

Every Ipswich fan would like to see them reach the Final - but they had a really good opportunity at Scunthorpe last week and failed, and this fixture is so much tougher.

Edited by Had Enough Too

Ritchie Hawkins has said today in the "ipswich Star" that any rider that feels they cannot win the meeting at Somerset should not turn up!

Ritchie Hawkins has said today in the "ipswich Star" that any rider that feels they cannot win the meeting at Somerset should not turn up!

expect them all to be there and scrapping for every point then!

It will be a major achievement to get the result needed but so long as the boys give it their all I ask no more.

Up the Witches!