British Speedway Forum

I must start by saying I have not been to a speedway meeting this season. This has been mainly because of other calls on my time and cash. However, I must say that when I go it will be mainly Premier League as although there are guests and r/r used this is not anything like the EL. My visits to Poole will be mainly to see my many friends made since 1985.

The problems with the EL is that so many of the riders ride in at least three different counties leagues plus all the international and GP type meetings. Injuries are bound to be at greater risk with the number of rides and the toll on the body with injuries and fatigue must be tremendous. The Polish League appear to have a such a hold on their riders they can make them ride even if they are injured.

I think that in every other country each team sign on more riders than are used in one meeting, in other words a squad system. This excludes any guest riders although on the odd occasion they do use r/r.

Crowds relate to riders who ride for their team. There is no chace that any guest rider will underperform for any reason. ( not saying that any do on purpose). You do hear in the crowd some people doubting a guests commitment.

This would also stop the comments and doubts of other teams supporters (as quite rightly made about Magic). Teams would not be able to pick a guest who likes a particular track that their rider hates.

Come on people who run speedway the problems are quite obvious and could be solved with a bit of thought. I am sure crowds would return.

Looking at other sports which other professional sport have guests in competitive matches A? I can't think of any.

• Like 1

NEIL Middleditch has urged the speedway world to move on from the Darcy Ward saga.

Poole asset Ward was in February handed a 10-month ban by the Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme following a failed alcohol test at the Latvian Grand Prix in August.

The FIM – the world governing body of motorcycle racing – drew fresh interest over the weekend when it made public the circumstances surrounding the test and the ensuing disciplinary process. The 17-page document, titled ‘Decision of the FIM Disciplinary Court (CDI)’, was published on the FIM website.

However, Pirates boss Middleditch told the Daily Echo: "We want to put all of that behind us now and just wait for Darcy to get back on a bike which, at the end of the day, is what the majority of people want to see.

"You want to see the best in the world on motorcycles and Darcy is one of the best in the world. He has been missed.

"As I've said before, I don't condone his actions but he has been punished and it's time to move on."

Ward will be eligible to ride from June 28 as he had served a provisional suspension from August until February, which effectively counted towards his 10-month ban.

Promoter Matt Ford has admitted that the Aussie could ride for one of Poole's Elite League rivals in 2015 if he could not be fitted in at Wimborne Road upon his return.

bournemouthecho.co.uk

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Absolutely hilarious from Muddlo!

Wait for the report we've been told for so long!

Darcy will be preparing a statement once we have the report!

There's thing you don't know, wait for the report!

Well now we have it and Muddlo's realised he's been treated like a plonka!

Move on, nothing to see here!!

• Like 2

Promoter Matt Ford has admitted that the Aussie could ride for one of Poole's Elite League rivals in 2015 if he could not be fitted in at Wimborne Road upon his return.

If Matt Ford has said this i think he is a bit out of order concerning his own riders.He is saying Ward will be back in the Poole side if they can fit him in.So the riders there at the moment are in jeopardy of being pushed aside awaiting a rider to replace one of them.

Wasn't it Middlo that first told us there were mitigating circumstances for Darcy attempting to ride drunk. Middlo obviously knew what these circumstances were (that a 23 year old bloke found out his parents were splitting up, and this 2 weeks before the offence) and in his world they justify what Darcy was about to do had he not been caught.

Perhaps the "don't condone his actions" line is the reason we are were we are today. Middlo has constantly condoned Ward's behaviour. With each indiscretion he must have felt more and more untouchable, no one was willing to bollock him and bring him down a peg or two.

Like I said before, a young guy with no brains, plenty of money with people fawning over him, far away from home with no one to guide him was always likely to be a problem

NEIL Middleditch has urged the speedway world to move on from the Darcy Ward saga.

"You want to see the best in the world on motorcycles and Darcy is one of the best in the world. He has been missed.

bournemouthecho.co.uk

This doesn't include Janowski then?! Very selective statement or just not thinking through what he said more like!!

Edited by TesarRacing
  • Like 1

Academic now - its off.

Incidentally I guess Miedzinski will be rushing back for Thursday's Swindon meeting??

That's twice I can see that you have mentioned this. Wanting to deflect attention away from Poole when you know that the situation is different - Miedsinski is not in Swindon's declared 1-7 and Janowski is for Poole.

Just thought I'd make it clear before you muddy the waters any further.

• Like 8

This is just not acceptable at all and quite rightly, leaves Poole Speedway wide open for criticism.

If Magic was forced to ride in Poland for his club and he finished with double points and unhurt, then Poole should inform him he has no other choice other than ride as our captain in the UK tonight.

Absolutely correct, all academic now but yet again the Poole management rightly coming in for criticism that could so easily be avoided.

• Like 2

Starman has kindly offered to assist Darcy with compiling his statement. Just a quick spellcheck to finish....so will provide everyone with an update next week. :P

Starman has kindly offered to assist Darcy with compiling his statement. Just a quick spellcheck to finish....so will provide everyone with an update next week. :P

Im sure you stop to check every detail when you txt somebody, don't you.. NOT :rofl:

Edited by Starman2006

Im sure you stop to check every detail when you txt somebody, don't you.. NOT :rofl:

Have you grown up and apologised to SCB yet Starman?

That's twice I can see that you have mentioned this. Wanting to deflect attention away from Poole when you know that the situation is different - Miedsinski is not in Swindon's declared 1-7 and Janowski is for Poole.

Just thought I'd make it clear before you muddy the waters any further.

Ah Steve0, I was just having a bit of fun - something this forum is sadly lacking in lately!! :D I was hoping for a few 'wooooshes'.............

If you've followed my posts that closely, you'll know I'm a big fan of Adrian - even from well before I told you he was available and was going to sign for you!!. :wink:

Edited by Skidder1

Would not be surprised if Ward ends up at Swindon this year, him & Nick Morris, wow what a pair, we all know how well they ride together!!! :oops:

• Like 2

Yes... I check spelling,grammar and punctuation.

Edited by scribbler
  • Like 1

Yes... I check spelling,grammar and punctuation.

sow doo i,

• Like 3