British Speedway Forum

T'was merely an illustration of the calibre of rider that is available and now cannot be accommodated.

I really am struggling to think of who might be able to fill the #1 slot. I really can't see why Kasprzak would both with Britain, Lindback seems happy with the clubs he's already signed for and to concentrate on qualifying for the GPs.

Unless something happens with the rumoured job-sharing - although I can't see how that would work on practice.

Well Rosco says hes not rushing into signing any more riders. Does that translate to, "We're up rubbish creek, theres nobody out there. I'm just hoping and praying someone decides they want to ride in the UK before April so will wait and see if that happens. If not we're stuck with Davey Watt"

Yeah I think the 2 over 7 rule is lost on some

Is it 2 over 7 or 7 and over??

Similar situation to the 'only 1 over 8 points' a few years ago - just needs clarifying?! :wink:

Edited by Skidder1

Skidded and SCB popping in to have a little piss take of the Robins situation. We shall see. Let's comment on the full team once it's announced.

• Like 1

Skidded and SCB popping in to have a little piss take of the Robins situation. We shall see. Let's comment on the full team once it's announced.

Wasn't meant as a p*$$take! It was a serious question.

Rosco was down in Poole on Sunday. He knows his options and as he says in the statement this morning , once he's sorted the heat leader position he'll know which way to go!

Maybe he's just waiting for the cash from the Doyle transfer to be sorted out to be able to confirm another top rider??!! :wink:

Edited by Skidder1

It's not a piss take at all. My comments are more a smug, "I told you all a higher points limit was a stupid idea" post. Said pre-AGM it shouldn't go up and when it did go up I said that 1 or two teams were going to find themselves in a mess.

As long as it suits Poole its all good though. Screw the strugglers!

• Like 2

As long as it suits Poole its all good though. Screw the strugglers!

Much as I like to blame Poole for everything, even I can't fathom how they are responsible for Swindon's current predicament.

• Like 2

Much as I like to blame Poole for everything, even I can't fathom how they are responsible for Swindon's current predicament.

Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. But somebody wanted a higher limit and persuaded others to vote for it even though a few teams were always going to struggle to build up to it. A lopsided league would be disastrous.

• Like 1

Well Rosco says hes not rushing into signing any more riders. Does that translate to, "We're up rubbish creek, theres nobody out there. I'm just hoping and praying someone decides they want to ride in the UK before April so will wait and see if that happens. If not we're stuck with Davey Watt"

I must admit to reading that statement the same way SCB...

However, Rosco has done a good job on the team front for Swindon in the past and I'm hopeful that he will pull that 'very large bunny out of the hat' yet... :t:

Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. But somebody wanted a higher limit and persuaded others to vote for it even though a few teams were always going to struggle to build up to it. A lopsided league would be disastrous.

Would you believe that Dav Helmsley at Leicester wanted a higher points limit?! I imagine Poole are content with whatever the limit is but would probably prefer higher than lower. Lynn probably wanted 34 so they should keep the same 5. And with AJ coming back Lakeside we probably happy for it to go up. Im not sure who else would have wanted a higher limit though.

I must admit to reading that statement the same way SCB...

However, Rosco has done a good job on the team front for Swindon in the past and I'm hopeful that he will pull that 'very large bunny out of the hat' yet... :t:

TBH, other than Ford, if anyone is going to pull off a shock signing I think it's Rosco - he's not half as silly as he comes across when hes on Sky at times (he just gets upset when he's passionate, which is understandable). I hope Swindon get someone signed up as it's not good for any team to be a point or two short of the limit - certainly with this format.

Signing Howarth up early may prove a little silly though if you're 2 points short of the limit when a team of 6.5 men and Troy may have been a better option

Would you believe that Dav Helmsley at Leicester wanted a higher points limit?! I imagine Poole are content with whatever the limit is but would probably prefer higher than lower. Lynn probably wanted 34 so they should keep the same 5. And with AJ coming back Lakeside we probably happy for it to go up. Im not sure who else would have wanted a higher limit though.

TBH, other than Ford, if anyone is going to pull off a shock signing I think it's Rosco - he's not half as silly as he comes across when hes on Sky at times (he just gets upset when he's passionate, which is understandable). I hope Swindon get someone signed up as it's not good for any team to be a point or two short of the limit - certainly with this format.

Signing Howarth up early may prove a little silly though if you're 2 points short of the limit when a team of 6.5 men and Troy may have been a better option

But the raised points limit not just relevant to pre-season team building. Also provides better scope for teams to make mid-season adjustments, including riders whose seasons in Poland/Sweden may be offering reduced opportunities,even including former World Champions??