British Speedway Forum

In World championships I agree. I just remember one period when he was practically unbeatable week after week and the article was based on league form.

Crumpie will never go down as an all time great because his World Championship form couldn't match his league form. Ward should surpass his (an Leigh Adams')achievements in time if he keeps his nose clean. I just don't think he's quite there yet.

Maybe he had a purple patch, but pretty sure in 82 he wasn't in the top half dozen in the averages over the season

I agree though his world championship record does not reflect his quality, certainly in the 80s he bowed out in the Aussie final when he was one of their two world class riders

The two most humourless members of the forum, mates too I suspect?

....I would have included Steve0 in that a year or so ago, but he seems to have reached an epiphany :P;)

Ther was me thinking it was you!

• Like 1

Are you for real Crump was a top BL rider i would say 1974 to 83.ok after the Ashby injury in 77 he was not as good but was still some rider.He regrouped and even in the Penhall/Carter final he was riding well anough to get a place i think you under rate him.You said you went to Hyde Rd in the Carter era Crump always did well there in the Collins Pomp Crump could beat him no worries and that was an achievement .Also he beat your other underachiever( i rated him )(Carter)regularly beat him at the shay and at the abbey.You know your stuff but Crump snr was not a also ran quality i personally think he was better than Adams in 75/76 he should of won a title,

I rate crump, though never saw him in his prime.

82 I would say he was behind Hans Eric Carter l Collins jessup sigalos plus the USA wtc team. Prob alongside the likes of Morton Anderson etc.

Round Hyde rd in the 80s he wasn't a standout. Never made the podium in blrc, though managed a second in the 84 overseas final. He wasn't a rider you feared, unlike Carter gundersen or nielsenn, or even penhall ors Moran.

I'm sure in the 70s his record round Hyde rd would be much better.

So clearly he is a Swindon and Australian legend and a very good rider. But for me not an all time great, which Darcy has the potential to be (or he may end up a kelly Moran, without the reputation for being a lovely bloke)

I rate crump, though never saw him in his prime.

82 I would say he was behind Hans Eric Carter l Collins jessup sigalos plus the USA wtc team. Prob alongside the likes of Morton Anderson etc.

Round Hyde rd in the 80s he wasn't a standout. Never made the podium in blrc, though managed a second in the 84 overseas final. He wasn't a rider you feared, unlike Carter gundersen or nielsenn, or even penhall ors Moran.

I'm sure in the 70s his record round Hyde rd would be much better.

So clearly he is a Swindon and Australian legend and a very good rider. But for me not an all time great, which Darcy has the potential to be (or he may end up a kelly Moran, without the reputation for being a lovely bloke)

POTENTIAL that's it at the moment Ward will go and prove it i believe for me Crump was a better rider than Jessup ever was.Better on the northern tracks Mike lee said on his DVD he never had great aquipment turned up and borrowed his aquipment some of the time.Crump/Sanders were GREAT riders for me as for Carter i rated him very highly but he never achieved as much as Crump snr) he was not placed in a world final.!

As I said report has been made about your previous post.

Considering you are Over 40 you don't act like it.

Thanks for the three unpleasant PM's Gater...

BTW, you still haven't answered as to where you stand when you go to WR..or where you stood when you were a Swindon fan last year..

Just grow up will you.. :icon_smile_clown:

I wish the troll would just - DO ONE!

Beginning to sound like the Helen witch in BB :rolleyes:

If we ignore it - it will get bored and go away as there would be no one feeding the troll!

• Like 1

Could somebody talk me through the Swindon team declarations over the last two weeks explaining which guest replaced which rider and why?

I'm confused as AM's in then PK's in but both don't ride even though there is nothing wrong with them.

Also what's this "reverted" on the team sheet means.

My understanding is this... Kildemand’s temporary spell came to an end so we redeclared with Miedzinski. Miedzinski was deemed to be injured, so we reverted back to the previous declaration, which allowed us to have a guest, for Kildemand, last week.

Now Miedzinski is "fit" again we have redeclared with him back in the team.

My understanding is this... Kildemands temporary spell came to an end so we redeclared with Miedzinski. Miedzinski was deemed to be injured, so we reverted back to the previous declaration, which allowed us to have a guest, for Kildemand, last week.

Now Miedzinski is "fit" again we have redeclared with him back in the team.

But Adrian wasn't injured last week. He's been riding in Poland for a couple of weeks now and rode in Czech league. He didn't want to ride in the UK.

Kildemand also definitely not injured so he should have been riding or PL rider last week.

No wonder people are getting confused.

Edited by mdmc82

But Adrian wasn't injured last week. He's been riding in Poland for a couple of weeks now and rode in Czech league. He didn't want to ride in the UK.

Kildemand also definitely not injured so he should have been riding or PL rider last week.

No wonder people are getting confused.

If Kildemand was fit and not riding for Swindon, could be deemed to have withheld service hence the facility I assume

• Like 1

If Kildemand was fit and not riding for Swindon, could be deemed to have withheld service hence the facility I assume

But his 28 day contract surely would have come to an end so it should have been Adrian back or 28 day ban for him. Kildemand always made it clear to Swindon that he didn't want to ride any longer than the 28day injury cover.

There has always been cases where foreign riders will only ride in their own country after coming back from injury & guests were allowed.

Don't see anything different here.

But his 28 day contract surely would have come to an end so it should have been Adrian back or 28 day ban for him. Kildemand always made it clear to Swindon that he didn't want to ride any longer than the 28day injury cover.

But Swindon were not able to re-introduce a rider who had not come back from injury (for them)...and so until then Kildemand had to remain in the declared 1-7

• Like 1

There has always been cases where foreign riders will only ride in their own country after coming back from injury & guests were allowed.

Don't see anything different here.

But wasn't the excuse that he was only fit enough to race once a week and then he immediately rode in two different countries in the same week. Edited by Aces51