British Speedway Forum

Yep 'er indoors wants to attend so weather permitting the chairs will be on the grassbanks up on The Hill tomorrow eve.

Where on the cheap or dear side? always remember there was a gate stopping you going to the dear side i always watched on bend three /pits bend for years i love it now on bend two. Edited by sidney

When I started going used to stand at the exit of bend 2, and it was great watching Kilby pass every one on that bend on the first lap if he had not beaten them out of the gate.

Where on the cheap or dear side? always remember there was a gate stopping you going to the dear side i always watched on bend three /pits bend for years i love it now on bend two.

Its all bloody dear now. Used to stand on back-straight after successfully climbing in, and then collect the pop bottles for refunds at the bar there. Then spent half the meeting pushing each other over the banks. Went home on the Cavi Square special, those green Bristol omnibuses with more money than we went with sometimes! We used to watch the second-half final from the top deck window as sometimes they left early. It always seemed to be Briggs, Broady, Ashby, Kilby in the final. Rosco the little club mascot having a spin afterwards.

• Like 1

Its all bloody dear now. Used to stand on back-straight after successfully climbing in, and then collect the pop bottles for refunds at the bar there. Then spent half the meeting pushing each other over the banks. Went home on the Cavi Square special, those green Bristol omnibuses with more money than we went with sometimes! We used to watch the second-half final from the top deck window as sometimes they left early. It always seemed to be Briggs, Broady, Ashby, Kilby in the final. Rosco the little club mascot having a spin afterwards.

Aah those golden days. As a Poole fan and when I was younger i sometimes wasnt allowed to go I could always hear the roar of the bikes about 2 miles away and would wonder who it was going round.

Speedway needs the fans support, Im very sure that Darcy would want the fans to continue to support there club, you really do need to go along and support the club.

And im sure there would be some sort of anouncement re collections for Darcy.

We will be the same in the next week, fans have to continue to support the club, everybody knows what has happened its not nice at all, and everybody knows that Darcy will be well well looked after. But us the fans can do there bit by continuing to give there clubs support.

Totally agree Starry. What has happened to Darcy is terrible but life goes on and I am sure that Darcy would want speedway to continue as normal anyway as he loves the sport. Someone suggesting the rest of the season should be cancelled is just ridiculous.

• Like 3

Totally agree Starry. What has happened to Darcy is terrible but life goes on and I am sure that Darcy would want speedway to continue as normal anyway as he loves the sport. Someone suggesting the rest of the season should be cancelled is just ridiculous.

I agree that's a silly suggestion. Whilst what's happened to Darcy is terrible, so was what happened to Kerr and at the time I didn't see anybody wanting King's Lynn awarded points or season cancelled.

When Lee Richardson died, with the exception of Coventry, I don't remember any other teams even postponing their meeting and some raced the following day.

• Like 2

Agreed mate ^^ not interested in the rest of this season wont be attending tomorrow now. Only Darcy joining us rekindled my enthusiasm if im being truthful plus cant even stomach watching another speedway race at the moment especially until we get more positive news on his prognosis ...hope for the team we stay safe and that they can concentrate on there meetings ahead wherever or whoever they are riding for but for me im done with it i am sad to say.

Are you going tonight mate, ?i have changed my mind will buy you a pint and we can drink to Darcy recovering what do you think.?The sport needs our support and i will put some money in for the Darcy collection change your mind Shocker!! see the lads win for Darcy. Edited by sidney
  • Like 8

Can understand this to a point, it's how I felt originally, but think the lads need our support now more than ever....they are good friends of Darcy so think that packed terraces as opposed to empty ones will help them through. A time to come together rather than drift off.

I totally agree - I only get to the Abbey 2 or 3 times a season and had provisionally planned to go tonight with my 6 year old son. After the terrible events of Sunday I initially felt I couldn't face going, but the more I've thought about it the more I think the other riders will get a lift from seeing a decent sized crowd on the terraces. So me and my boy will be going...despite the fact that when I told him this morning what had happened to poor Darcy (I didn't have the heart to tell him sooner as he'd been so looking forward to seeing Darcy ride for the Robins) his eyes welled up.

At the end of the day he's already a speedway fan just as I've been since I was a kid, and we need to support all the riders even though our thoughts may be understandably focused on Darcy at the moment.

To put it in to perspective this has been happening since speedway began Per Jonnson , Eric Gunderson , Tommy Janson who nearly took his head of on the top of the safety fence, Peter Craven I could go on . Darcy was an exceptional rider one of the best I hope he gets over this I wish him well but speedway will go on

• Like 3

To put it in to perspective this has been happening since speedway began Per Jonnson , Eric Gunderson , Tommy Janson who nearly took his head of on the top of the safety fence, Peter Craven I could go on . Darcy was an exceptional rider one of the best I hope he gets over this I wish him well but speedway will go on

Agree. Whilst this is a terrible time for our sport, we experienced one of our lowest moments when we lost one of our own in Lee Richardson.

Whilst he is still in our thoughts, speedway did continue.

• Like 1

No the rest of the season shouldn't be cancelled i agree, but fans do need to turn up and support their clubs., for some to say im finished with speedway is wrong but there choice. Very sadly its happened.

Darcy would definately want fans to continue to support their club and for Speedway to continue.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

Did anyone see the Swedish Speedway last night. I only caught the tail end of it, but Sam Ermolenko said much the same..

Did anyone see the Swedish Speedway last night. I only caught the tail end of it, but Sam Ermolenko said much the same..

I'm glad you made some sense of what he said.

Most of his stuff is just verbal diarrhoea. :D

• Like 2

I would think any top rider no longer involved in either the Polish and/or Swedish play-offs would come into consideration!

Kildemand has already said in this week's speedway star he is waiting for the phone call.

• Like 2