British Speedway Forum

I can remember him in Robins colours when Leigh Adams rode Blu, he looked so good, so fast, so stylish. You could see he looked up to Adams and he used to often say how he would like to emulate Leigh.

Having left for Ipswich (after getting in a strop because he was replaced by Zagar when he got injured) he signed for the Panthers, and I thought he looked pretty good around the EOES.

He then re signed for the Robins, amongst plenty of derision from Swindon fans (I must admit to thinking it was a damn good signing)

We have seen a very slight improvement in him over the last few years, but his vulnerable temperament, inconsistency and reluctance to mix it when the going gets tough ( in others words when he misses the gate) has been there for all to see.

I can understand Rosco making him skipper originally as he probably wanted to give him more responsibility in the hope that he may become a decent leader. But on reflection it hasn't worked. I am simply gobsmacked by him and feel totally cheated.

At the risk of repeated myself and sounding boring, he needs to go and someone needs to give him the message now.

He's not a #1 in my eyes and never has been, for the World #8 to perform like that is just unacceptable. I'd never really appreciated quite how strong his "reluctance to mix it" was until pointed out. However he is what we used to call a "gating tart".

I honestly believe (and I get we have other concerns currently) that if we want to be successful in 2016 we need to go in another direction. Mr Batchelor would be welcome to "explore other opportunities" ;)

• Like 1

Just phoned the steam and they aren't showing it at all because of a clash with the egg chasing. Anyone else know any other speedway pubs in the Don?

Edited by thecoombdog

Where's steam coombers?

Old Town - across from the Co-op (roughly) - called the Steam Railway.

Ah ok ta Steve getting confused as there is another place called 'steam' near to the outlet village.

The only other pub that might show the whole GP then switch to the rugby is the Wheatsheaf in Ermin St, the one run by Roscos sister, but I would ring to make sure.

Would have thought the steam railway could have shown it in the bars where they have multiple screens, if the GP is any good will probably go to the pub to see the rerun.

Ah ok ta Steve getting confused as there is another place called 'steam' near to the outlet village.

You are thinking of the museum you boring b@stard!

The only other pub that might show the whole GP then switch to the rugby is the Wheatsheaf in Ermin St, the one run by Roscos sister, but I would ring to make sure.

Would have thought the steam railway could have shown it in the bars where they have multiple screens, if the GP is any good will probably go to the pub to see the rerun.

she's not there anymore... but the new landlord Paul goes to speedway so you'll probably be lucky.

You are thinking of the museum you boring b@stard!

How can you say that when you and I have spent many an hour in the library? ;)

Just as an aside topic, I saw a clip of the great Leigh Adams this evening. He was sending a greeting to his adoring Lezno fans in Poland. He was sat at a table talking and looking fit and well. Apologies but I don't have a link.

Incidentally, Leigh's 8 year old track record at Somerset was finally broken tonight by a very fast Craig Cook.

• Like 3

Just as an aside topic, I saw a clip of the great Leigh Adams this evening. He was sending a greeting to his adoring Lezno fans in Poland. He was sat at a table talking and looking fit and well. Apologies but I don't have a link.

Incidentally, Leigh's 8 year old track record at Somerset was finally broken tonight by a very fast Craig Cook.

Nice to hear, such a tragedy, he really was an absolute joy to watch at Blunsdon, well just about every where actually.

• Like 3

The machine examiner is already waiting in Poole today!!!!

• Like 1

Good night at the ice-hockey even though the Swindon Wildcats were beaten 5-2 by Milton Keynes. Speedway could learn a lot from this sport. From 13 quid for a seat, excellent viewing, and free parking, no wonder the crowds are growing compared to falling attendances at the local football and speedway clubs. The players involve the fans and are happy to sign autographs and have their photos taken. Great non-stop entertainment/atmosphere, and the fans loved it. They're never taken for granted.