British Speedway Forum

I've quite enjoyed that Link Sport website Orlov has posted links to, loads of variety and quite like the Secret Rider they do. He hasn't said anything hugely controversial yet though, which is a shame. Hope it's a real rider and not made up http://www.swindonlinksport.com/subcategory/swindon-speedway/secret-rider. Sure it is real though.

Not looking to start a debate on who the rider is, but just from reading it, I get the impression that it is Bomber Harris.

When PK and MJJ have met, then PK has almost always come out on top. It's a joke that PK, will not be in the GP series next year, and an even bigger joke that THJ will.

MJJ didn't do very much when he had a good run in the GP's this season & is not the rider he was 2 seasons ago.

There was always going to be a Swede so I guess it was a straight choice between the 2 other Danes but as I said for me it's Killer every time.

The GP is a poorer series without him that's for sure.

Killer has been named as first reserve for the 2015 GP Series, but I agree with the above posts.

I do not wish any of those in the series to have an injury but if given the chance he could do well.

Honest comments from Rosco but sorry don't agree with Steve being in the top 2 of the draft riders as Newman, Garrity, Kerr, Blackbird were all better than him & sadly Steve went missing in the play offs.

Looks like Nathan & his dad are just what most sons & parents are in sport these days as just don't want to take advice.

I expect it will give him more time to get pissed up .

What a pathetic comment,? rather childish do you know him ? he will come back and do well believe me saying that why am i trying to convince you you know sweet fa anyway.!! Edited by sidney
  • Like 1

Agree with Rosco that it would be a good idea to have the reserve pairing made up of 1 FTD and 1 British rider.

Don't think it would help British speedway having reserves from other countries starting at reserve.

Also keep it so they always stay at reserve like this year.

• Like 2

Agree with Rosco that it would be a good idea to have the reserve pairing made up of 1 FTD and 1 British rider.

Don't think it would help British speedway having reserves from other countries starting at reserve.

Having had the two draft riders this year there's no way we should ever go back to having foreign reserves. Would render the exercise completely pointless. Need to stick with the draft, in some form or other, forever now in my opinion.

• Like 3

I expect it will give him more time to get pissed up .

What a stupid comment!

Well done. Thats the first sensible comment ive ever seen you make.

Should be the top 8 from this year along with Birks, Roynon, Auty and riders of that type. No protected rides either. Time for the likes of Newman and Garrity to face the top boys. They wont progress otherwise. I think they are capable though.

I have hated the draft mainly because most of the riders ive seen have been awful. But I have to agree strongly with the point that I never want to see foreign riders at reserve again so 2 Britsh riders at reserve will do me nicely as long as fits in with the criteria above.

• Like 3

Thing is, is there 8 riders along the lines of Birks, Roynon and Auty?

Richie Worrall may just be pushing the boundaries, Rob Lambert? Howarth? Lawson?

Would it be worth them giving up 2nd string roles for the scheme? Can't think of any in the PL alone who would fit apart from the above 3.

Thing is, is there 8 riders along the lines of Birks, Roynon and Auty?

Richie Worrall may just be pushing the boundaries, Rob Lambert? Howarth? Lawson?

Would it be worth them giving up 2nd string roles for the scheme? Can't think of any in the PL alone who would fit apart from the above 3.

You're right, Monarch. At the age they are and with the length of time they've ridden in the EL, there is no way Lawson and Auty should be involved in any sort of fast track scheme. Yes, we want to help Brits, but do we need to be 'fast tracking' 25-28 year olds who have had their chances already?

If you have an eight of Birks, Lambert, Blackbird (who's already pushing the age boundary but was at least already in the draft), Worrall x2, Garrity, Newman and Kerr as the eight lead reserves, then that leaves the likes of Ellis, Nielsen etc to be the second which makes a much stronger package.

It's far from set in stone there will be a FTD rider moving into the top five.

The Swindon camp sounds how it came across during the season with zero team spirit.

That said Nathan does seem to have a terrible attitude (as he showed with Cradley recently at Brandon) not sure how he can call Rosco a amateur

Edited by mdmc82

Oh dear! I think he may have shot himself in the foot there. Might be a very short career in speedway for him

why should it? hes only said what he believes is correct good on him i say