British Speedway Forum
Stats

Australian Gp Is Back

It does not exist. There is no such rule, just one covering unsatisfactory starts. Perhaps people ought to actually read the rules before commenting on them?

Always nice when someone starts a debate with you with a nice aggressive opening. Nice to meet you too!

I was talking with the colloquialism "first bend bunching" which is a common speedway parlance used by fans, commentators and riders alike. Essentially we were discussing whether Hancock was at fault and should have been allowed in the re-run. I'm of the opinion he should have.

If you want to disagree with my assessment feel free, but I'd appreciate it if you were less confrontational. We are all speedway fans here now!

Edited by Bleeds Pirate Blue
  • Like 1

The incident in the final was one of those moves that 9 times out of 10 Hancock would have got away with, he'd have moved Doyle out and got past and we'd be all saying it was a great move. But sometimes it goes wrong and, to my mind, if you're going to take the plaudits when it works then you equally have to take the responsibility when it goes wrong. For that reason I'd have excluded Hancock, he was clearly the culprit on this occasion.

• Like 3

Have to say congratulations to everyone involved in putting together a superb event in Melbourne. Considering the track wad only put in on Tuesday, no rutting up and a good smooth track which allowed the riders to give us some good close and competitive racing.

• Like 6

Thought that was Lindback..

You crack me uuuuuuuuup, so I can stand on mountains.

Lindbäck is nothing more than a top rider who would have added tons of exitement to this season. Too bad he wasn't in the mix.

Always nice when someone starts a debate with you with a nice aggressive opening. Nice to meet you too!

I was talking with the colloquialism "first bench bunching" which is a common speedway parlance used by fans, commentators and riders alike. Essentially we were discussing whether Hancock was at fault and should have been allowed in the re-run. I'm of the opinion he should have.

If you want to disagree with my assessment feel free, but I'd appreciate it if you were less confrontational. We are all speedway fans here now!

"first bench bunching" ;-)

You crack me uuuuuuuuup, so I can stand on mountains.

Lindbäck is nothing more than a top rider who would have added tons of exitement to this season. Too bad he wasn't in the mix.

Except that he's had his chances in the GP and Challenge and blew both.

it wasnt

whos fault was it then? Nickis? :-)

Don't be facetious...who said anything about NP?.

To me it was 2 riders too close together going for the same bit of track, leaving Greg with nowhere to go. Also in my opinion if we had another 2 rounds to go, Greg would have his 4th. title.

Care to elaborate?

Dear oh dear, somebody's had a sense of humour bypass!

• Like 1

Any news on Jason Doyle ?

According to his f/b page he is OK, in a lot of pain but cracking jokes and going for a full scan.

If he has got away with no broken bones he is one helluva a lucky guy, was one of the worst crashes I've seen in 50+ years

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 1

"first bench bunching" ;-)

Except that he's had his chances in the GP and Challenge and blew both.

Well, he blew the challenge and Stockholm, but bronze in Målilla and third in SEC is top notch.

That's good to know...it did look as if the situation could have been quite nasty.

Dear oh dear, somebody's had a sense of humour bypass!

This isn't a humor bypass. Why would you have the urge to comment on Lindbäcks skin colour?

• Like 1

In my opinion it's a great pity we can't get that track in to Cardiff. For me the Etihad track had the edge over the Millenium. Is there no way more seats can be removed from Cardiff to increase track size?.