British Speedway Forum
Stats

Australian Gp Is Back

You are joking.

I hope and expect that it is all over by then.

I expect it will be too but I selfishly hope it isn't.

MELBOURNE is a great place ... tour of the MCG is a must whether or not you are a cricket fan.

On the list, think they start a Sheffield Shield match on the Tuesday at the MCG so will definitely check that out. Will be travelling on me lonesome so if anyone wants to be my beer tour guide as well then apply within..... :drink:

IN touch with the Etihad guys daily now, doing the programme. They are very happy with ticket sales so far. In excess of 17,000 I believe. They say that many people in Melbourne will come along regardless of whether they know anything about speedway because it is at the Etihad. And that there will be a large walk-up on the day because it is not essential to pre-purchase.

Hope they ticket provider has more accurate reports than the one in Finland had... :lol:

They love anything to do with sport here

Some cracking bars all within a 5-10 min tram ride of the Ethihad stadium. If any brits heading out need boozer location help, just send me a pm 😂😂

Hope they ticket provider has more accurate reports than the one in Finland had... :lol:

ME too and that we actually get paid!

Edited by PHILIPRISING

Any thoughts on rwho'll get the wild card?

Sam masters as runner up in Aussie champs? J crump or Emil would be great. Otherwise Morris Kurtz or fricke

What time will this start UK time? I'm guessing 9am-10am?

Edited by woz01

1st race is 19.15 local time and Melbourne is 9 hours ahead of UK =10.15AM

Unless the rules have changed after May, the parade is 12 mins before full hour and 1st heat 2 minutes past the same hour. #nitpicking #pedantic

1st race is 19.15 local time and Melbourne is 9 hours ahead of UK =10.15AM

Cheers for that. On the night shift so should be able to get a couple of hours sleep in beforehand.

Any thoughts on who'll get the wild card?

We were discussing this.

Obviously, it had been planned that Darcy would get it, but now MA and GP people will be desperately trying to talk Jason into doing it, a bit like Gollob did the big one in Poland at the start of the year.

If Crumpie says no thanks, it has to be Sam Masters, because he supported and qualified through Australian title series. Or Max Fricke as Under 21 Champion.

Dakota North has the form, but MA will want to stick with the riders who supported their domestic title series.

Come on !! how often do I get things wrong :lol: Melbourne regs 7th August http://www.fim-live.com/en/sport/regulations-and-documents/speedway-grand-prix/

It wasnt in the rulebook (anymore?) and Tampere had a 1848 parade with 1904 1st heat. Cant really understand why two different sets of times are allowed...

I was wrong, R&R was right.

We were discussing this.

Obviously, it had been planned that Darcy would get it, but now MA and GP people will be desperately trying to talk Jason into doing it, a bit like Gollob did the big one in Poland at the start of the year.

If Crumpie says no thanks, it has to be Sam Masters, because he supported and qualified through Australian title series. Or Max Fricke as Under 21 Champion.

Dakota North has the form, but MA will want to stick with the riders who supported their domestic title series.

They tried to talk Crump in to doing the NZ GP in 2014, but he declined since he said he had not enough time to get ready , aka to fit in his old suit. He had about 7 months that time. Now 6 weeks. What are the odds?

I was wrong, R&R was right.

They tried to talk Crump in to doing the NZ GP in 2014, but he declined since he said he had not enough time to get ready , aka to fit in his old suit. He had about 7 months that time. Now 6 weeks. What are the odds?

He has raced a few meetings recently, maybe he fancies it now?!

He has raced a few meetings recently, maybe he fancies it now?!

... and the suit is already made bigger. Not kidding...