British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Elite League Grand Final 1st Leg - Coventry Friday 17th October

I guess Brock is a Poole supporter, if so I think Poole are the last group of people to be calling Coventry hypocritical bearing in mind their conduct over the last few years!

• Like 2

I guess Brock is a Poole supporter, if so I think Poole are the last group of people to be calling Coventry hypocritical bearing in mind their conduct over the last few years!

Yes Brock is a poole fan, cant believe you questioned our conduct, where were the fireworks last night!!

Yes Brock is a poole fan, cant believe you questioned our conduct, where were the fireworks last night!!

ford can afford fireworks ,can Horton tho ???

The reason the match was not completed was because instead of getting on with the meeting as the Referee did at Poole, as soon as one heat was over the next 2 mins was on for the next heat.

I just couldn't believe that with the threat of rain about why on earth did sky do all those interviews, there was one after every race in the first three heats alone, crazy, and as for Hans saying he wanted to carry on, only done for the camera's no wonder someone shouted "b8lls8it" when he was being interviewed.

• Like 1

Yes I am a Poole supporter, Have been for over 55 years.

So you are saying that, as you say Poole have allegedly cheated in the past it is OK for others to cheat now.

I did not say Cov had cheated, I was saying that some Cov supporters wanted them to.

A new rule just for one night then? Can't wait for the next time it happens and the rider gets excluded. Should be interesting. :lol:

I actually don't think it is a problem, and nice to see a ref using common sense. Provided at the start of each meeting the referee makes the team managers aware of his/her rules regarding tapes when windy, no problem. Just needs to be consistent through the night.

Totally agree with the comments on here that the reasons for the decision and the views of the folks involved in the decision to abandon should be made public. I'd go a step further and also ask for the same if there is a question of whether to abandon and it's decided to continue.

I've commented on another thread that refs leave too long between heats generally. The way that Christina Turnbull ran the meeting at Poole on Thursday demonstrated how a meeting could be run and get the entire meeting done in under 75 mins, which included a 10 minute break for the rain to ease. I know Sky want to egg it all up in the name of showbiz but the delay to the start and slow progress through it has robbed both teams of properly deciding the final on the track.

1 man gained from 3 less heats being run tonight. One of the few people not interviewed after the meeting. Nobody else seemed to want it off and seemed to be confused about why the last 3 heats were off.

Who were you talking about SCB? The first sentence I assumed it was Matt Ford but there was an interview with him at the end. Also seemed that Bomber agreed with the decision to call it off from what he said.

I think it is used as a finish line for many now, getting to the stage of a match when a result can be called, that it seems like a case of "job done" for a lot of tracks. We hear Nigel Pearson state it all the time... about a result being called after so many heats...

With the problems we have been having with rain, time wasting etc... would it not be more logical to return to 13 heats?

So you are saying that, as you say Poole have allegedly cheated in the past it is OK for others to cheat now.

I did not say Cov had cheated, I was saying that some Cov supporters wanted them to.

Do you really believe barker is fit ?? Would you want him riding if he was a pirate ??

Totally agree with the comments on here that the reasons for the decision and the views of the folks involved in the decision to abandon should be made public. I'd go a step further and also ask for the same if there is a question of whether to abandon and it's decided to continue.

I've commented on another thread that refs leave too long between heats generally. The way that Christina Turnbull ran the meeting at Poole on Thursday demonstrated how a meeting could be run and get the entire meeting done in under 75 mins, which included a 10 minute break for the rain to ease. I know Sky want to egg it all up in the name of showbiz but the delay to the start and slow progress through it has robbed both teams of properly deciding the final on the track.

Who were you talking about SCB? The first sentence I assumed it was Matt Ford but there was an interview with him at the end. Also seemed that Bomber agreed with the decision to call it off from what he said.

Perhaps SCB meant Horton as he had less wages to pay out.

Do you really believe barker is fit ?? Would you want him riding if he was a pirate ??

Well he said he was fit. Who am I to call him a liar.

No I would not want him riding as a pirate under any circumstances. Yes I do know he rode for us a few years ago at Easty

No what we are saying is that even Havelock doesn't feel Ben is fit but once a rider declares themself fit there's nothing anybody can do even if he's only 50% fit. Surely you accept now then that Poole were cheating only a few weeks ago.

Did you feel the same then when Shamak was able to ride in polish fixtures and speedway Gp challenger but yet Poole were still getting guests and claiming he was "injured" even though riding elsewhere? Does that mean you feel they were cheating for several weeks this season?

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

Perhaps SCB meant Horton as he had less wages to pay out.

Well he said he was fit. Who am I to call him a liar.

No I would not want him riding as a pirate under any circumstances. Yes I do know he rode for us a few years ago at Easty

I know barker said he was fit i was asking 'did you think he was fit after seeing him ride 4 races last night ' ??

It has been for Nigel because the Sky Sports won the EL again.

And yes I know its not over but it is unless Coventry find a way to defeat Poole, Sky and the meeting steward along with the weather in the second leg.

That's what's fans are saying though. How is it fair on coventry (kings Lynn in semi or Swindon if had reached final) when already up against it before turn of a wheel when worked hard to get there all year?

I agree to some on here about the meeting being called off, paying 20 quid for 12 heats isnt good value is it and it could have been completed before the rain came, should have started at 7.30 sharp and interviews could have been shorter, all round poor performance from sky. Hans saying they all wanted to race but Harris had a different view didnt seem to show unity! Hans should have ridden better earlier in the meeting, maybe he was upset with his performance and wasnt given the opportunity to make amends

Yes but to really have a go at him when he had just fallen trying his best was a bit ott in my view

Watching the replay, barker did have a sly look to see how race was going then got up.

No what we are saying is that even Havelock doesn't feel Ben is fit but once a rider declares themself fit there's nothing anybody can do even if he's only 50% fit. Surely you accept now then that Poole were cheating only a few weeks ago.

Did you feel the same then when Shamak was able to ride in polish fixtures and speedway Gp challenger but yet Poole were still getting guests and claiming he was "injured" even though riding elsewhere? Does that mean you feel they were cheating for several weeks this season?

Has it not been said that Pawlicki was told to ride by his club although injured. Did not score very many points did he.

Any rider however fit if possible will ride in a GP challenge meeting.

• Like 1