British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Elite League Grand Final 1st Leg - Coventry Friday 17th October

COVENTRY will stage the first leg of the Elite League Grand Final at Brandon on Friday October 17 (7.30pm).

The Buildbase Bees will face Poole or King's Lynn but plans for the first leg to take place this Monday have been thwarted by two postponements of the other semi-final at Wimborne Road.

The Pirates and the Stars are now due to resolve their tie on Wednesday, with the first leg of the Final 48 hours later.

The second leg will take place at either Wimborne Road or the Norfolk Arena on Monday October 20th

Neil, maybe you or Mick could give the Coventry Supporters an update on the clubs future in light of the recent developments around a proposed planning application for housing on the Brandon site. What are the club doing to fight this ? the supporters are now acting in various ways. What is the future of the club should the development receive backing from Rugby Planning Authority ?

Really looking forward to this meeting. Hope our riders arnt going to be guesting in the semi final 2 days earlier though

If I was Bees management I'd be concerned at my riders guesting Just 2 days before a Final, risky to say the least,

• Like 2

Rain forecast for poole on Wednesday. What is the restaging date for this!!!

Poole will try again Thursday I know that.

Rain forecast for poole on Wednesday. What is the restaging date for this!!!

Thursday 16th! Then if not resolved a toss of a coin or whichever team is leading the tie at that moment!! :wink::D:shock:

Little bit off post but still relevant to the Grand Final I guess - but does anyone know why Kyle Howarth can ride like a super hero when in Bees colours and like a PL second string when in Comets colours? Is he on different bikes ( ie : is he loaned a bike or two when riding for the Bees ) ???

Hope he still has the super hero costume on for the Play Offs !!!

Cheers

Yeah bit crazy allowing them to guest, one injury and then it's game over!

Unlike Poland, you don't get a say on whether or not they can guest for anyone else!

The way this is going it could mean that this meeting is the season opener for both clubs in 2015. Poole might have Ward back by then.

Lets just keep it simple, Stars and Pirates are both struggling to put a full team together due to injures and bans. Scrap the 2nd leg of the semi and let a combined Stars/Pirates team take on Coventry in the final. If KL and Poole win then they share the league championship...simples....

COVENTRY will stage the first leg of the Elite League Grand Final at Brandon on Friday October 17 (7.30pm).

The Buildbase Bees will face Poole or King's Lynn but plans for the first leg to take place this Monday have been thwarted by two postponements of the other semi-final at Wimborne Road.

The Pirates and the Stars are now due to resolve their tie on Wednesday, with the first leg of the Final 48 hours later.

The second leg will take place at either Wimborne Road or the Norfolk Arena on Monday October 20th

You won't be doing anything mate if the Weather doesn't allow us to resolve our semi. And when you think its raining tonight and tomorrow, Dogs on Tuesday, forcast of rain Wednesday Thursday, so maybe friday.. As somebody else suggested, a doubleheader, but i don't think that would be fair on KL us or the fans hanging around in the cold, do you?

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1