British Speedway Forum

At the momment i am not to sure if Stead is a good signing or not.All depends on who we sign next.If its Cookie then i will be happy i think that they will push each other for the third heat leader spot and which ever one it is we will have a strong second string.

Don't think having two DUers in the engine room would be a good move, after signing Stead unless Cook doesn't ride PL next year, I can't see Cook returning to Belle Vue.

I hate d/u myself but with riders like Josh G and king we should be able to get decent guests when they are missing

I hate d/u myself but with riders like Josh G and king we should be able to get decent guests when they are missing

king has been signed by Coventry. I would go for Cook and Michelsen.

king has been signed by Coventry. I would go for Cook and Michelsen.

I mean as guests for when cook and stead are missing

That's if cook signs

Pleased to see Steady deservedly fixed up with an EL team, thought his high average might cause him problems getting a team place for 2015. The Aces look like having the basis of a decent team.

Might not increase his average (or maintain it) but in a league where some teams are going to be under the limit this is a good signing as it'll keep Cook down as a second string for a while.

Just looking at Steads away scores he did very well last season be it from riding as a second string so a bonus for us seeing as we were so bad on the road last season.Much better than another name mentioned as a possible signing D Watt althoughhe was in a heat leader position.In fact his second worst away scores were at Belle vue his worst were at Poole.

Wolves 14 16+1

Swindon n/s n/s

Poole 4 n/s

lakeside 8+1 6+1

Kings Lynn 9 11+1

Coventry n/s 11

Belle vue 6 1 withdrawn.

Eastbourne 4 6

Leicester did not ride at Birmingham.

ps can't you tell i'm off on the sick lol

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1

Looking at it again, it will probably take 10-15 meetings for cook to get up to 3rd HL and he will have to score very well to do so. He may actually be longer there than I first thought. Cook as a 2nd string will be very strong actually. It's not the team I wanted, but I have seen us put worse teams together down the years. We won't win anything, but we shouldn't finish bottom either.

Think it will be

Zagar

Fricke

Stead

Cook

Nicholls

Worrall

Nielsen

It's not a bad team, it is certainly stronger than last year and with Fricke doing full time EL he has to make it work. I rate him very highly and I think if anyone moves to 3rd HL it will be him by the end of the season.

Edited by acef

With the race format and rolling averages Fricke will be a heat leader after his 8th meeting.

I mean as guests for when cook and stead are missing

That's if cook signs

Gracjzoneck and King have a higher average than Cook and could only guest for Stead if his average doesn't drop.

Which then gives

Zagar

Cook

Fricke

Stead

Nicholls

If Fricke manages it after those 8 meetings. There is probably more depth in that team than we have ever had. Whichever 2 are 2nd strings it will always be solid. Reminds me a bit of Coventrys team last season now that actually have 2 decent reserves.

But the league overall will be stronger this year which is why I can't see that team making the play-offs

Which then gives

Zagar

Cook

Fricke

Stead

Nicholls

If Fricke manages it after those 8 meetings. There is probably more depth in that team than we have ever had. Whichever 2 are 2nd strings it will always be solid. Reminds me a bit of Coventrys team last season now that actually have 2 decent reserves.

But the league overall will be stronger this year which is why I can't see that team making the play-offs

You do realise Coventrys strength last year was the top 2 and not the second strings? We had the highest average combined top 2 and the lowest average combined second strings after BV (by 0.04). And obviously we had a couple of pretty tasty reserves. I'm not sure this team is quite like Coventry

You do realise Coventrys strength last year was the top 2 and not the second strings? We had the highest average combined top 2 and the lowest average combined second strings after BV (by 0.04). And obviously we had a couple of pretty tasty reserves. I'm not sure this team is quite like Coventry

No you didn't!! Kings Lynn and Poole had higher top 2!!