British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Witches V Monarchs Kocup Final 1st Leg Thurs 16th Oct

And what was with the mass exodus prior to heat 15?!!!

Believe if or not, that happens every week, even if there's a last heat decider. I deliberately stopped a chap once and asked why he was leaving before the end, and he said he wanted to beat the traffic ...

I'm convinced that there's still a small percentage who don't even realise there's a heat 15, LOL.

Definitely another positive season for the Witches, with a good league position and another Cup Final - but they've proved incapable of making that extra step, which is very frustrating.

Ipswich Town FC is the longest serving Championship club at 13 years, and without a sniff of the play-offs for years - so it's not as if the people of Suffolk aren't already used to a degree of failure.

No obvious answers, but the overall speedway malaise doesn't help.

Good luck to the Moanarchs and the Rabbles - definitely the two best teams overall. Ironically, of course, apart from the brief thrill of being the Champions, the winners don't really get anything more than all the other teams. The lack of sponsorship and prize money is the biggest indictment of the BSPA's continuing failure to do anything positive with this exiting and potentially simple sport.

• Like 2

It may happen every week but I've never seen such a rush in all my visits.

Maybe it was because it was a bigger crowd.