British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Witches V Monarchs Kocup Final 1st Leg Thurs 16th Oct

With all due respect to Newcastle I can only see this as the line up.

Baldyman has asked on the 2015 thread what sort of lead would be defenable and suggested 16 as the min requirement.

I think he is about right. Whether we can cahieve that is a different matter.

I hope and think we can win the home leg but maybe by only 6-10 which will would make lifting the trophy really tough and unlikely.

The reserves will have a big part to play in both legs, they are key imo. The Monarchs weakness is at reserve, that's where the Witches can do some damage, although the 1-5 will have to play their part in the home leg to get a decent lead...

We lost by 20 at Edinburgh with Tungate, Hawkins and Ellis scoring only 5 points between the three of them!!

We drew the home PL meeting 45-45 so we're clearly up against it.

As there's nothing on any official website about what Edinburgh are doing about all their fixtures, I suppose we've got to take Bruv's (ever reliable) word that this is Thursday.

So it looks like Edinburgh will get the 2nd leg in both cup finals, and no doubt the play off final. That seems "fair" to me!

Apologies to Edinburgh if Ipswich and Peterboro insisted on having the home legs first, but I doubt we did. I was hoping the play off final would be this week, then we ride at Edinburgh of the following Friday with the 2nd leg (and a decent crowd) on the Saturday at Foxhall.

I think an 8 point lead could be enough, we're stronger now and Edinburgh are a bit weaker than earlier in the season.

Considering we haven't officially qualified for the final yet why would we officially announce that the cup final will be Thursday and Friday that would just be disrespecful to Newcastle. I'm sure once we do the job required tonight we will then put it on the website

• Like 1

Considering we haven't officially qualified for the final yet why would we officially announce that the cup final will be Thursday and Friday that would just be disrespecful to Newcastle. I'm sure once we do the job required tonight we will then put it on the website

hence my first line "with all due respect to Newcastle......"

As there's nothing on any official website about what Edinburgh are doing about all their fixtures, I suppose we've got to take Bruv's (ever reliable) word that this is Thursday.

So it looks like Edinburgh will get the 2nd leg in both cup finals, and no doubt the play off final. That seems "fair" to me!

Apologies to Edinburgh if Ipswich and Peterboro insisted on having the home legs first, but I doubt we did. I was hoping the play off final would be this week, then we ride at Edinburgh of the following Friday with the 2nd leg (and a decent crowd) on the Saturday at Foxhall.

I think an 8 point lead could be enough, we're stronger now and Edinburgh are a bit weaker than earlier in the season.

believe there was a press release stating plan was that 16th would be either the Play off final or tge KoCup final. Given we no longer have the first as a possibility 2+2 gives you 4 and the KoCup it is Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

hence my first line "with all due respect to Newcastle......"

I would hazard a guess that Blobby's post was aimed at spanner47's comment regarding nothing being on Edinburgh's official site regarding fixtures

Bruv my post was aimed at spanner not yourself

fair play.my phone had refreshed and I saw your post before spanners hence quoting it first.

We now maybe slightly stronger generally than we were last time the Monarchs came to town but one or two are not performing as well so could be an interesting final.

We may not hate the Edinburgh track as much as others we've recently raced on but the Monarchs are incredibly strong at home so it's gonna be a tough ask to build up a decent enough lead to challenge them overall.

I predict a small home win for the Witches but lose by many more in the away leg I'm afraid to say!

Personally I would prefer to have the 16 lapper this week and maybe just for once have the 2nd leg of a final at Foxhall so that in the unlikely event that we actually won we could celebrate a win at home .

But it ain't gonna happen that way so we will just have to wait and see .

Im sure the management of both teams already have plans in place for all eventualities .

It does seem like we get ourselves in possible positions to win things, but it just doesn't happen, I hope this isn't going to be another one of those times. Are we stronger now? Cameron and Worrall are racing a lot better now, but to counter act that, gino is now scoring less and mortens great purple patch sadly finished a couple of months back.

I think we definitely need more than 8, more like double that, but if our whole team does all turn up on the same night, I think we could get that amount.

Could also depend on which Cookie monster turns up , after all we don't have Barker to wind him up this year .

I also agree with what others have said elsewhere , we do rather seem to lack that bit of a killer instinct to actually win something !

Some riders obviously don't have the killer instinct which is needed, which is probably why their careers have stalled.