British Speedway Forum
ekimba

Play Off Final Dates

Ridiculously late in the season to be holding such important fixtures.

Only the diehards will be turning up when it's cold & wet.

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

The play offs are always going to be the final meetings, cant really be any other way. It's the cup finals that should be earlier.

If they are all about the money then late September is likely to do better than late October.

Cup finals can take their chances with the weather in October.

Given that speedway is mainly watched by OAPs nowadays the meetings need to be held when the cold and damp is not getting into the bones!! :D

• Like 3

I've booked my trip to the Scottish capital...no doubt it will be freezing cold, but I reckon the place will be packed to the rafters. Hope the action warms us all up.

I've booked my trip to the Scottish capital...no doubt it will be freezing cold, but I reckon the place will be packed to the rafters. Hope the action warms us all up.

Since when was Armadale the Capital of Scotland.!! Mind you if Monarchs supporters had their way!!!!!

Ridiculously late in the season to be holding such important fixtures.

Only the diehards will be turning up when it's cold & wet.

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

FFS..Cheer up man!

Is there a sport where its fans are more miserable than speedway?

Just my opinion!

I think you'l be in a minority.

Really?

You don't think play off crowds would be higher in September?

Have you seen the weather last week and the forecast this week?

Really?

Oh yeh, ive seen the Weather, i just have to look out of my window.. :sad: It cannot be helped mate, Edinburgh have to get their KO Cup matches out of the way. THEN, they can look at the final. Do you have an answer to it all? Just remember, you have a bigger league than us.

Really?

There's no guarantee that any month will have nice weather. This year, August was the worst of the lot.

September was nice this year, other years it's a been a washout.

Yup, the weather for this week is not good, let's hope for something better next week for the two legs of the final. Late October finals are squeaky bum time in case it does rain, but the weather could be fine next week... you never know. In any case, it's the final, your team are in it, get along and support them and have a great time. :wink:

All the best

Rob

I'd bet next months mortgage it will be the biggest Armadale crowd of the season and I would suspect there will be a big crowd at Somerset.

It is ridiculously late in the year and the weather will play its part, but we are where we are and just need to get on with it.

As for a bigger crowd in September, I don't think that applies here. It's the play off finals and the part time supporters who only come out for the big meetings will be out in droves.

If only they turned up every week.

Edited by me2

It cannot be helped mate, Edinburgh have to get their KO Cup matches out of the way. THEN, they can look at the final. Do you have an answer to it all? Just remember, you have a bigger league than us.

Yes it can be helped.

Could have cut out the Stupid 2 additional home & away fixtures each team had.

Could have cut out the crazy League Cup which started the season but only finished last week.

Could have scheduled the cup finals to be after the play offs or at least after the play off finals.

Could have had 4 teams in the play offs, not 6, thus avoiding dead fixtures that nobody wants to watch.

Even just some of those would have got the play off finals in September. At least then there would have been contingencies available in the event of rain offs.

Weather Looks iffy this week so fixtures might be affected. How is the forecast for Poole on Wednesday? Looking like some heavy train on the BBC chart.

Yup, the weather for this week is not good, let's hope for something better next week for the two legs of the final. Late October finals are squeaky bum time in case it does rain, but the weather could be fine next week... you never know. In any case, it's the final, your team are in it, get along and support them and have a great time. :wink:

All the best

Rob

That's my point.

Why schedule such important matches for the last couple of weeks of the season when there's very little contingency for rescheduling and the weather is likely to be getting colder and wetter and the tracks are getting iffy?

Anyway I aim to be at Ippo on Thursday as long as the rain due on Wednesday night/ Thursday hasn't created havoc! My old bones will suffer No doubt!

• Like 1