British Speedway Forum
magnus

Bspa Meeting...

What's the date for the 2015 general meeting?

What's your views guys on how we could improve British Speedway?

Have to agree Gemini.

The great thing we do here is discuss things that may, or may not happen ... at great length.

And I love doing that

But when it comes to the BSPA AGM, it is utterly pointless.

They will decide what they want.

Or not.

Any views we may have are of no interest whatsoever.

• Like 1

What's your views guys on how we could improve British Speedway?

Not have anymore BSPA meetings :)

• Like 3

I believe that at least 12 promoters cannot make those dates so the BSPA have drafted some guest promoters in for 10 of them and 'Promoter replacement' is being used for the other two..... :o:D

EXCELLENT ...

• Like 1

By the lack of response I think you'll gather most of us have given up trying to suggest things to improve speedway. Since 2010 every season has been worse than the one before - riders missing supposedly injured or ill although still riding everywhere but the U.K., lack of continuity, guests, no matches in the height of Summer then trying to cram everything in during the middle/end of October, badly prepared tracks, riders returning to the pits after a false start, races taking forever to start due to all the gardening and messing about. There's my reply and I fully expect season 2015 to be pretty much the same as this one - crap. :D

Interesting someone else states post 2010 as the start of a big decline in British speedway .Coincidental that was when new silencers were introduced !

• Like 2

14-16 november, who knows, just want see 4 riders racing each other for their team,

Totally fed up of guests and doubling up and down riders. Love the basics of the sport but dont go anymore due to the farcical rules. Prefer to just watch the GPs, a real competition on TV.

• Like 6

Interesting someone else states post 2010 as the start of a big decline in British speedway .Coincidental that was when new silencers were introduced !

I wasn't thinking of silencers. :wink: You've got a point though which is probably correct.

I believe that at least 12 promoters cannot make those dates so the BSPA have drafted some guest promoters in for 10 of them and 'Promoter replacement' is being used for the other two..... :o:D

Post of the year by a mile :)

Perhaps they should talk about bringing back the Green helmet as that is sorely missed :)

• Like 4

Brilliant post mike,

In order to save costs of this meeting a few promoters are going to double up or treble down. :shock::wink::wink:

An email was sent the bspa announcing that at long last he has come up with a major sponsor for speedway. What they were not told was that the sponsor is only paying for the drinks at the agm.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 2