British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

That's my point

As a person I like Klindt but as a rider I think it would be a huge mistake.

Might be at Poole yet?! :wink::wink::shock:

Horton either seems to get it very right or very wrong, signing Klindt when we have nearly 7 seven points to use would be very wrong.

I don't mind Klindt as a rider, if we were looking for a 5.5 second string I would be happy with him, but this whole team hinges on having a strong number 3 & 4 which effectively allows us to have a heat leader riding at number 4 all season. Having Klindt in that position takes that strength away.

I hope Horton is doing everything he can do bring in a top quality replacement, they will no doubt cost more but successful teams bring the crowds in, this is why Poole have such a big following because they always put a top team together. When Sandhu was putting exciting teams together, our crowds were so much bigger.

Come on Mick... spend the money and get Pawlicki in, we would be right up there amongst the title favourites and the return of a popular former Bee will do wonders for the gate receipts!

• Like 6

Can't see there being many happy bees fans .........

True, I've only been to Brandon once, and they were dour bunch, let alone when they visited Arlington, always seemed to be moaning about something......probably a midlands thing.

• Like 1

Horton either seems to get it very right or very wrong, signing Klindt when we have nearly 7 seven points to use would be very wrong.

I don't mind Klindt as a rider, if we were looking for a 5.5 second string I would be happy with him, but this whole team hinges on having a strong number 3 & 4 which effectively allows us to have a heat leader riding at number 4 all season. Having Klindt in that position takes that strength away.

I hope Horton is doing everything he can do bring in a top quality replacement, they will no doubt cost more but successful teams bring the crowds in, this is why Poole have such a big following because they always put a top team together. When Sandhu was putting exciting teams together, our crowds were so much bigger.

Come on Mick... spend the money and get Pawlicki in, we would be right up there amongst the title favourites and the return of a popular former Bee will do wonders for the gate receipts!

Spot on

I see Sundstrum is in the UK today so suspect he is here for talks for somebody.

Would he qualify for an average reduction as he's barely ridden in the UK for a couple of seasons?

deanr1, on 01 Mar 2015 - 1:25 PM, said:

Does Shamek want to ride in the UK then ? ..If so ,is it just about the money ? How about sticking £2 on an admission ticket & that could pay towards Shameks wages .. I do recall when the EX Bee went to Poole the Brandon Faithful questioned his commitment & availability ...WHATS CHANGED ?

Does Shamek want to ride in the UK then ? ..If so ,is it just about the money ? How about sticking £2 on an admission ticket & that could pay towards Shameks wages .. I do recall when the EX Bee went to Poole the Brandon Faithful questioned his commitment & availability ...WHATS CHANGED ?

If we assume an average crowd of around 1500 - 2000, at £2 extra this means you think Shamek would cost £3k to £4k a meeting more than someone like Klindt? Not even taking into account the extra fans having an exciting team would bring through the gate.

He might miss the odd meeting but I would rather have Shamek for 80% of the meetings than Klindt for all of them. He didn't seem to miss too many for Poole last season apart from when he was genuinely injured, I remember there was one contentious meeting when he rode in Poland but other than that I think Poole fans were happy with his commitment and availability. When he rode for us before he was in the world U-21s which accounted for most of the meetings he missed.

Who knows if he wants to ride here, but I'd like to think Mick Horton would try to get him if possible, or if not him a rider of heat leader standard rather than a 5.5 second string.

There's no doubt about it, an exciting and successful team will bring far more in gate receipts than an uninspiring one, speculate to accumulate.

• Like 4

I see Sundstrum is in the UK today so suspect he is here for talks for somebody.

imagine it would be leicester but what is his average.

Those suggesting Poole will have Klindt are having a laugh. Theres no way that would happen

If we assume an average crowd of around 1500 - 2000, at £2 extra this means you think Shamek would cost £3k to £4k a meeting more than someone like Klindt?

Is he not doing the away matches then?

imagine it would be leicester but what is his average.

Those suggesting Poole will have Klindt are having a laugh. Theres no way that would happen

Can't be Leicester without dropping Jason or Bjarne he's over 7 [7.22]

Can't see any reason for a deduction - he's not been injured for a whole season - choosing not to ride in the UK does not count towards eligibility for a deduction.

Buczkowski would have been better option than Klindt. Has he ruled himself out of riding here?

Can't be Leicester without dropping Jason or Bjarne he's over 7 [7.22]

Can't see any reason for a deduction - he's not been injured for a whole season - choosing not to ride in the UK does not count towards eligibility for a deduction.

How many points do leicester have left?

Is he not doing the away matches then?

I just can't see his wages being that much higher than other heat leaders, a lot of people seem to think he is expensive but Matt Ford is no mug and seemed happy enough with what he was earning. If he was one of the very top riders in the world (ie a world title contender) then I could believe that he would cost a fortune, but he's not he's a second/third heatleader in the EL.

I have no idea how much Shamek gets paid but Klindt/Woodward/Bridger wouldn't have been riding for free either, it would be interesting to know just how much more he would cost compared to those guys.

True, I've only been to Brandon once, and they were dour bunch, let alone when they visited Arlington, always seemed to be moaning about something......probably a midlands thing.

Yes, the Coventry visitors, while always welcome, were hardly a barrel of laughs