British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

No i don't think they do as will be proved tonight when they get easily beaten by Kings Lynn, strong at home, weak away. Overall Swindon have a better team.

A lot will depend on if Swindon can start picking up away wins as they have lost all their away meetings so far this season.

Things may be a bit clearer after next week as they have 3 away meetings in one week against Wolves, Poole & Lakeside (no Wright against Lakeside and imagine no Rose for any of the fixtures)

Belle Vue are strong at home & have only dropped points twice this season at home (both times to Coventry) but need to keep this up. A lot depends on the form of Zagar & Cook.

Edited by mdmc82

The current league position is that unless Belle Vue drop points at home Swindon have to pick up 13 points away from home to get 4th place and that assumes we don't pick up anymore points away and Swindon don't drop any at home. Not impossible but a tall order.

I can understand Poole not wanting to face the Aces following our aggregate win over them earlier this year.

No i don't think they do as will be proved tonight when they get easily beaten by Kings Lynn, strong at home, weak away. Overall Swindon have a better team.

No worries agree to disagree. Robins look poor on the road.

The current league position is that unless Belle Vue drop points at home Swindon have to pick up 13 points away from home to get 4th place and that assumes we don't pick up anymore points away and Swindon don't drop any at home. Not impossible but a tall order.

I can understand Poole not wanting to face the Aces following our aggregate win over them earlier this year.

Could make Belle Vue v Swindon in August key

Could make Belle Vue v Swindon in August key

Will be an important one. Imagine it should be on sky

why would BV be in it when Swindon have meetings in hand.

Yeah, all away from home. Swindon need to win 4 away meetings which I just can't see happening.

Yeah, all away from home. Swindon need to win 4 away meetings which I just can't see happening.

if they beat Poole away, that will do for me.

• Like 3

If Swindon make the play offs they will win them as any team that put a run of performances home and away that they need would be truly awesome.

If they miss out it will be due to Zagars last to second swoop at the end of heat 15 a few weeks back.

Well it sounds like Coventry might not be around much longer so perhaps you will be happy then. When that happens and a few more promotions decide they have had enough Poole can ride in the European League then!

Im not concerned whether Poole ride in the European League or not. That is not the issue of my post. It is the disgraceful way in which Coventry promotion have decided to go begging to honest paying supporters to help them pay a fine. They chose to appeal and by the sounds of it they will get thumped with another fine. Who will they ask then? I hope Coventry do not fall out of the sport it will not make me happy. I personally want as many clubs as possible competing because right now this elite league is a sham but this course of action by Coventry surely is shameful. Perhaps a certain Avtar Sandhu might be able to help with some cash raising.

if they beat Poole away, that will do for me.

I am beginning to think Swindon will win all their away meetings starting with Wolves. Followed by a win at Poole. I predict they will claim 14 points starting next Monday. Watch this space.

Edited by PiratesPiratesPirates

I think they are at Coventry twice, bit of rain easy 8 points!

Edited by foreverblue

That fine, we've already gifted BV at least 1 point this season :D

Be a cracker if they do, last time we met home and away it was all equal after 29 heats with the Aces then just missing out. Sky should love it.

I think you've made a typo.

Quite easy given the 9 is next to the 0 on the keyboard

29 heats is correct. The away meeting ended as a draw, the home meeting was level 42 all at Heat 14

Might want to let Batchelor know that's the plan as a few drops of rain and he's like a lost puppy 😂😂

• Like 1

29 heats is correct. The away meeting ended as a draw, the home meeting was level 42 all at Heat 14

Is that a bit of a woooooossh?!

ame="TesarRacing" post="2651797" timestamp="1437546919"]

I am beginning to think Swindon will win all their away meetings starting with Wolves. Followed by a win at Poole. I predict they will claim 14 points starting next Monday. Watch this space.

:rofl:

Swindon have been rancid away. Will be a shock if they get anything anywhere.

• Like 1