British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

Just orderd my tickets for Chris Harris testimonial, £100 each, hope i get a call girl thrown in for that price, & she better be good!!!!

There was but she's just been sacked after liking Hansen's Facebook status.

• Like 6

Can't argue with any of that. He messed up at Peterborough no doubt but he isn't the only one that's failed there. Hopefully the new owners there get the interest required to run Peterborough successfully. Moving to Tuesday seemed a strange move

He's the only one who failed twice.

• Like 3

Just shows Peterborough is constantly failing then doesn't it? As I said I hope it works for you this time but they've got a lot work ahead of them. Good team this year.

Yes the contract which includes the payment of kevlars! Surely your not that dim?

Anyway Hansen confirm it's now been sorted.

He now owes nothing to any Coventry rider far as I'm aware. Think your hatred of the man (justified) means you do not read posts correctly. As I've said already how am I naive? I've slated the bloke over the last couple of pages but at least I use perspective and not think every issue is Hortons fault.

Absolutely and he wouldn't have signed for a second season. The issue with Hansen seems to me being something in the contract being misunderstood regarding kevlars not that Horton can't pay. Hansen has now been paid it seems.

1. Should have been sorted by the end of the season

2. You could probably write a book on what your not aware of

3. I don't hate him I just think the blokes a complete numpty

4. Misunderstanding, are you serious, you were asking how you were naive

Probably because he's the only one stupid enough to try again after the first time. :D

Edited by Gemini

Probably because he's the only one stupid enough to try again after the first time. :D

Yup, wrong league after a storming EL end of 2013, silly race night, negative history from the off, with the first masterstroke to p people off by introducing the right thing to do, or the National Anthem as it's generally known: what could possibly go wrong!

Edited by Crump99

Got to agree with you about the National Anthem. Once I'm sat down that's it and I'm not getting up again or the dog wakes up and thinks it's time to go home. Didn't last long at Coventry though so I think he realized his mistake and took notice of the fans comments. If it went on for the whole season at The Showground then Peterborough supporters weren't doing enough moaning. :P

• Like 1

Tbf while this appears an ott reaction from horton, likeing a post in social media which criticises your employer is not a particularly smart move...

Agreed. And has Mr Simpson ever heard the term "washing your dirty linen in public"? Seems to me his reaction is as OTT as Mick Horton's - did he reply to the offending message and try to sort it out man to man? Probably not, preferred to publicise it and stir things up. Maybe he has a grudge for some other reason. Pots and kettles spring to mind.

• Like 2

Got to agree with you about the National Anthem. Once I'm sat down that's it and I'm not getting up again or the dog wakes up and thinks it's time to go home. Didn't last long at Coventry though so I think he realized his mistake and took notice of the fans comments. If it went on for the whole season at The Showground then Peterborough supporters weren't doing enough moaning. :P

We moaned (well some of us apart from those who didn't see a problem: ice hockey attendees in the main :P ) and it sort of just disappeared! We knew that it had been dropped at Coventry despite being told earlier that it would be staying at both tracks, it was only a matter of time. Hard to ignore it in the stand though when everyone stands up; well apart from one chap who didn't budge :D

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

Of most concern, should be who is doing the track this year

• Like 4

If it's still a Sandhu employee then anyone who can mess it up as much as possible seems about right.

If it's still a Sandhu employee then anyone who can mess it up as much as possible seems about right.

Philip Risings probably seen a few hundred tracks prepared so maybe he will step into the breach and pull us out of the cart...

• Like 5

I haven't ventured to the Forum during the winter months but disappointed to read some of the posts about Mick Horton. I think some posters have forgotten the problems of a few years ago when it appeared that we had lost the Bees and seemed to be on the outside of the Elite League looking in. I don't know much about the price or rights and wrongs of Hansen's Kevlars but what I do know is that Mick Horton and Gary Havelock have put together a pretty good team for the forthcoming season. Let's forget all the negative posts and look forward to what we hope will be a successful season, a great point about it is that with luck all the Bees riders should be available for all our meetings which has been one of the problems in previous seasons. Forget the negatives and highlight the positives!!. Just to add what a great full time Bees asset Jason Garritty is it's all good news. After this we have to worry about the Stadium never mind an ex riders Kevlars.

Edited by abbo
  • Like 6

We moaned (well some of us apart from those who didn't see a problem: ice hockey attendees in the main :P ) and it sort of just disappeared! We knew that it had been dropped at Coventry despite being told earlier that it would be staying at both tracks, it was only a matter of time. Hard to ignore it in the stand though when everyone stands up; well apart from one chap who didn't budge :D

What exactly is the problem with playing the National Anthem? It's played before every serious sporting event that takes place (perhaps this is why it has no place being played at Speedway meetings?).

Shows the cretinous folk that promotors are up against if that is a major concern.

The CO would turn in his grave at the thought of the Anthem not being played before a meeting at Brandon.

• Like 2

Times have moved on since Charles Ochiltree and I for one don't really respect Royalty. You've also hit the nail on the head why it shouldn't be played - we're not at a serious sporting event. Oh.....and I'm not a cretin and it's not a major concern as I'd just stay sitting down like I usually do, but just have a different opinion to yours. :lol:

• Like 3