British Speedway Forum
SCB

Ftd Reserves

Matt Ford will now probably take over the draft so it can be run in the interest of poole sorry Speedway

You really do sound a very bitter person indeed. As ive said many times before, when other promotions start getting out of bed earlier and chasing that Rainbow you might just find the riders you are looking for.

As for Compton, hardly a world beater, was he!! And as Phil said, again any club could have signed him, he was there to be picked up fair and square. So your sorry, gripe does not wash.... Pal.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

Yet again there is a huge question mark over the communication or lack of to the fans & the rights & wrongs of that will only result in more fans walking away.

Why was it not announced by any means of the media that Phil Morris had left his post in July?.

All it seems is that no -one is prepared to let the fans know anything & who took charge after Phil left?.

I for what it's worth have had enough of all the cloak & daggers & secrecy!!

Edited by Crazy robin
  • Like 2

I'm happy my grade of Compton was correct, (I will hold my hand up and say possibly a little low to start).

The month of July after injury lay off he did 21 heats in the NL and won 2? (Not hot form against NL opposition).

The dropping of the grade proved correct judgement from my part as 13 points in 29 riders for Poole (inc 7 points due to 3 finishers in heats) leave a total of 6 points scored in 29 heats.

people make no comment on Simon lambert due to bad form dropping 7 places in one month or Lewis Rose due to good form climbing 10 places in one month?

The rule that was made first week of May, I specifically asked the BSPA/SCB to also let the fans know of this new rule and not just Promoters and Team managers (which was not done).

Benji Compton was available to every club form 29th July until 6th Aug as a replacement for any draft rider at 6/7 so if he was such an attractive signing how come no other clubs signed him in this period?

Pleased, at last you have come on here to explain the truth about the rule changes made in the Draft Lists. What a pity, this could not have been done back in May when it was first devised instead of treating the fans with such contempt. If you felt that strong about it, you should have spoken up anyway, regardless of the BSPA's opinion, after all it was your neck on the line.

I, was probably wrong in my damning of your character, but that what comes when you excepted the position of the scapegoat. Had we been made aware of the true facts your integrity would have remained in tack throughout....

I therefore apologise for any adverse comments I made...............

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 2

We never hear how the young riders are getting along let alone that Phil Morris resigned his post mid season.

As I said in the BPSA thread yesterday, they treat the fans like mushrooms, keep us in the dark, then try and make as much money out of us when the time is right. That is when they want our bums to sit on thier seats.

I think it is wisely recognised by most fans and especially the riders themselves that Phil Morris has put a lot of time and effort into youth, U21 and FTD duties for very little in return. When the idea of a FTD was adopted no-one had a plan on how it should be or administered Phil devised a system that was agreed by ALL promotions. He asked for their full support and that all promotions/team managers make an extra effort to support all the draft riders in events outside EL, all pledged they would!

How many actually showed up at events apart staging promotions? I think you'll probably guess that answer without me telling you! Plenty willing to talk the talk, but apart from Neil Vatcher very few others walk the walk.

Youth development / FTD riders in the UK will be a poorer place without him.

As for the Compton situ, he's given the knockers an honest response and when you see that he genuinely beat an opponent in around 20% of his races do you think some of the flak he has taken on here and social media was justified? Especially as he had asked the authorities to release information which they failed to do!

Phil worked bloody tireless in his role - let's see how well things go in his absence.

• Like 3

I'm happy my grade of Compton was correct, (I will hold my hand up and say possibly a little low to start).

The month of July after injury lay off he did 21 heats in the NL and won 2? (Not hot form against NL opposition).

The dropping of the grade proved correct judgement from my part as 13 points in 29 riders for Poole (inc 7 points due to 3 finishers in heats) leave a total of 6 points scored in 29 heats.

people make no comment on Simon lambert due to bad form dropping 7 places in one month or Lewis Rose due to good form climbing 10 places in one month?

The rule that was made first week of May, I specifically asked the BSPA/SCB to also let the fans know of this new rule and not just Promoters and Team managers (which was not done).

Benji Compton was available to every club form 29th July until 6th Aug as a replacement for any draft rider at 6/7 so if he was such an attractive signing how come no other clubs signed him in this period?

Phil firstly thanks for coming on and explaining the reasons.

Maybe i see things slightly different because a rider that starts the NL season on 6.37 and finishes the season on 9.29 should be graded UPWARDS not downwards!

I take the point you make regards the stats you used to assess and they do make interesting reading and from that alone i can see you're point.

It is a shame that things have turned out the way they have because i think you tried to make a fair and balanced draw but were obviously restricted with protected picks (a good idea in my eyes because EL clubs SHOULD be rewarded for investing in British youth).

Nobody championed the FTD and its use more than me and its the best thing to have happened in EL Speedway for the past 10 seasons.

I seriously hope that it is continued with.

Obviously you are used to taking flak from fans (even if its warranted or not) and i have given you a rough time over the Compton issue. Its a shame you werent given more support from the people that matter - and thats the promotions.

Its sad that you wont be continuing because in the main i think you got most things right.

I take your point on your assessment method and see that you tried to make it fair for all, the rider included. Like i have pointed out a rider that is scoring well (whether he is taking race wins or not) for me would be one that is going UP not down the list.

I am glad i personally have some answers to the whole saga.

I wish you well in your future involvement and hope you get the support next time. :t:

Oh dear, wrong again SB!!!!! :oops::oops::mad:

Its taken a long time for the explanation so there was nothing wrong in asking the question. :mad:

• Like 1

With Phil gone, The youth / U21 scene will be a lot poorer, he ( and NV ) put in so many unpaid hours to get things done. Worrying times ahead

• Like 3

With Phil gone, The youth / U21 scene will be a lot poorer, he ( and NV ) put in so many unpaid hours to get things done. Worrying times ahead

He's only resigned as FT coordinator, not from the youth setup.

• Like 1

Phew, no doubt the "experts" on here will be putting themselves forward to replace him. After all , there's so many of them who seem to know the solution.

• Like 4

Yet again there is a huge question mark over the communication or lack of to the fans & the rights & wrongs of that will only result in more fans walking away.

Why was it not announced by any means of the media that Phil Morris had left his post in July?.

All it seems is that no -one is prepared to let the fans know anything & who took charge after Phil left?.

I for what it's worth have had enough of all the cloak & daggers & secrecy!!

Where does it say he left in July???

Phil firstly thanks for coming on and explaining the reasons.

Maybe i see things slightly different because a rider that starts the NL season on 6.37 and finishes the season on 9.29 should be graded UPWARDS not downwards!

I take the point you make regards the stats you used to assess and they do make interesting reading and from that alone i can see you're point.

It is a shame that things have turned out the way they have because i think you tried to make a fair and balanced draw but were obviously restricted with protected picks (a good idea in my eyes because EL clubs SHOULD be rewarded for investing in British youth).

Nobody championed the FTD and its use more than me and its the best thing to have happened in EL Speedway for the past 10 seasons.

I seriously hope that it is continued with.

Obviously you are used to taking flak from fans (even if its warranted or not) and i have given you a rough time over the Compton issue. Its a shame you werent given more support from the people that matter - and thats the promotions.

Its sad that you wont be continuing because in the main i think you got most things right.

I take your point on your assessment method and see that you tried to make it fair for all, the rider included. Like i have pointed out a rider that is scoring well (whether he is taking race wins or not) for me would be one that is going UP not down the list.

I am glad i personally have some answers to the whole saga.

I wish you well in your future involvement and hope you get the support next time. :t:

Its taken a long time for the explanation so there was nothing wrong in asking the question. :mad:

..But plenty wrong in accusing Matt Ford and virtually every Poole fan on here when there was absolutely no substance to any such accusation.

Any more apologies then SB? No I expect not!!

..But plenty wrong in accusing Matt Ford and virtually every Poole fan on here when there was absolutely no substance to any such accusation.

Have you learned nothing? There is no need for sensationalising the whole sorry mess yet again. Every Poole fan was not accused so stop being so dramatic.

We all have answers now as to the sequence of events which is a nice rare occasion in Speedway.

The only person that i would need to `apologise` to would be MF for being involved in the wrong doing and im perfectly happen to admit i blackened his name with no reason on this occasion.

Hopefully you will stop digging this all into an anti Poole post yet again. :t:

• Like 2

Where does it say he left in July???

I was told Phil had left in July & it's not for me to say how I know this but it's 100% true & why it still appears to be left out of every article or post is strange.

Sadly it says more about the sport that it hasn't been clarified & shows that someone else made certain decisions & Phil has carried the can for them.

Without going over old ground if I'd have been Phil I would've made my situation clear but I guess there is reasons why that hasn't happened.

I would like to apologise for accusing Phil but with the information the fans were given I feel it was justified at the time because of the silence coming from the BSPA.

Until these sort of things are more open to the fans then people will vote with their feet & stop going.

There is no excuse for lack of information in today's media friendly world & if things are kept quiet then it's not for good reasons.

• Like 1

Have you learned nothing? There is no need for sensationalising the whole sorry mess yet again. Every Poole fan was not accused so stop being so dramatic.

We all have answers now as to the sequence of events which is a nice rare occasion in Speedway.

The only person that i would need to `apologise` to would be MF for being involved in the wrong doing and im perfectly happen to admit i blackened his name with no reason on this occasion.

Unfortunately Skidder is right. Many on here accused Matt and every poole fan of being out and out cheats and anything else you could chuck at the club. Now you have been told the truth you and many others are trying to backtrack. You like many on here are just out and out haters of poole in every guise. The bottom line is you hate the success the club has. One day yours and many other clubs will wake up and smell the coffee. You get nothing for laying in bed..

I like many poole fans, do not expect an appology from you or any body. But i could ask the question !! :icon_smile_clown: s. Fair play to Phil for coming on here and putting the record straight. Top man. :t:

Unfortunately Skidder is right. Many on here accused Matt and every poole fan of being out and out cheats and anything else you could chuck at the club. Now you have been told the truth you and many others are trying to backtrack. You like many on here are just out and out haters of poole in every guise. The bottom line is you hate the success the club has. One day yours and many other clubs will wake up and smell the coffee. You get nothing for laying in bed..

I like many poole fans, do not expect an appology from you or any body. But i could ask the question !! :icon_smile_clown: s. Fair play to Phil for coming on here and putting the record straight. Top man. :t:

Trying to backtrack? Grow up.

The bottom line is i said fair play to Phil for explaining and apologised to MF for no wrong doing in this instance.

I dont need you to accept an apology from me, it wasnt aimed at you. It was to MF, which was who i accused.

Still, at least its only you thats still digging up old ground. Some have us have moved on from the playground mentality.

But feel free to continue to play the `everyone hates Poole` line.

It doesn't work anymore.

Edited by stevebrum

Trying to backtrack? Grow up.

The bottom line is i said fair play to Phil for explaining and apologised to MF for no wrong doing in this instance.

I dont need you to accept an apology from me, it wasnt aimed at you. It was to MF, which was who i accused.

Still, at least its only you thats still digging up old ground. Some have us have moved on from the playground mentality.

But feel free to continue to play the `everyone hates Poole` line.

It doesn't work anymore.

Obviously it does... But i like many poole fans are pleased that you took the time and honest route and appologised to Matt. He is the most important person in all of this sharad.