British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TividaleHeathen

Heathens 2015

Surprised the forum doesn't have more discussion on this yet.

This illustrates that unless an club has its own home. They will always be vulnerable, regardless of how successful they are.

Looks like the future of the club is in doubt again unless we can find a new home, Perry Barr maybe?

http://www.cradleyheathens.co/news.php?extend.1143

Yea that was my first thought Will, but Perry Barr in my view is still only a temporary measure.

I would like to hear Ladbrokes reasoning behind this decision…..are they increasing greyhound racing nights ?.... If so I wouldn’t have thought this would generate as much income as a Heathens meeting..…or are they just happy to let the stadium stand empty Tuesday evenings.

I think the positive thing to take forward is that Heathens management & supporters will not allow the club to fold again.

Perry Barr would be great, for an away fixture. Will still go if it does happen but probably will pick and choose fixtures, as it won't be as easy to get to for us.

I didn't get to Perry Barr when we were there, or Monmore in those years as it goes - lack of spare money, young kids and midweek meetings etc but we did get to a few last season and have attended most home meetings and a few away this season. The kids are now very much hooked and we would certainly attend Perry Barr. Not sure there are many other choices unless a piece of land and a digger appear on the horizon pretty quickly. Not a particularly easy place to get to from the Black County at 6 o clock but certainly preferable to no Cradley.

I could see us staying in an expanded National League based at Perry Barr next season if crowds are going to be affected by the new location, although is that going to be enticing enough for fans who are keen to move up after a successful few years at this level? Catch 22 I suppose, this is supposing anybody manages to get back at Perry Barr next season of course - fingers crossed

rubbish news to wake up to, Consideration needs to be given to Ride at Perry Barr along with the Brummies, a joint tenancy agreement needs to be considered, and if possible Brum to join the NL and us, this would give enough racenights for the 2 teams.

Or the other way around it is one of the Two Teams to be PL and the other NL. howevever whichever way it goes, its worrying times ahead.

Edited by greyhoundp

Cradley won't go to Perry Barr if Birmingham Re-Open. The planning restrictions only allow Speedway to be run once a week.

Yea that was my first thought Will, but Perry Barr in my view is still only a temporary measure.

I would like to hear Ladbrokes reasoning behind this decision…..are they increasing greyhound racing nights ?.... If so I wouldn’t have thought this would generate as much income as a Heathens meeting..…or are they just happy to let the stadium stand empty Tuesday evenings.

I think the positive thing to take forward is that Heathens management & supporters will not allow the club to fold again.

This is a good point,this decision needs to be challenged and explained publicly by Ladbrokes.Why an earth would they not Heathens as tenants on a Tuesday when they don't run greyhounds then ? Can anyone else throw some light on it ?

This is a good point,this decision needs to be challenged and explained publicly by Ladbrokes.Why an earth would they not Heathens as tenants on a Tuesday when they don't run greyhounds then ? Can anyone else throw some light on it ?

A beating drum in stock car circles is the possibility of four wheel tenants moving in...but only from "a few theories/possibilities" I have gleaned from FACEBOOK visits. No more than that!

If Birmingham did re-open, could Cradley share home meetings between Wolves and Birmingham? Neither club will be running every single week of the season, and if Cradley staged double-headers, they'd only need 3 or 4 dates at each track.

Good luck Heathens - you've got a fantastic fan base, I hope you can find somewhere to run.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 4

what if it called birmingham and cradley?

That would never work, and why should it?

Birmingham have their own issues getting back up and running without having to worry about Cradley`s woes.

Must admit i found the news quite shocking this morning, wonder why the sudden change by Ladbrokes?

Birmingham i suppose would be the next step to look at but don't they have even tougher restrictions?

Dismal news for Cradley fans particularly with the absence of any news of a new site.