British Speedway Forum

Great news for the Rebels. Charles has become a key figure in Somerset's success over the past few seasons. Has come on leaps and bounds since he joined the Rebels. Different rider now , was treated harshly at a few clubs before signing for the Rebels but many promoters must have wished they had stuck by him. All action, never say die attitude really deserves to be signed on a full transfer. Congratulations Charles. :t:

Have to concur with those sentiments regarding Charles never really given an extended chance at other clubs or often made the scapegoat for the other team failings, and fully deserves to become a fully fledged member of a club that show faith in him.

• Like 3

Did any Somerset fans go to the Pearson Tatum bash at the OTA ? :o

Just like to say what a fab night out last night, Tatum & Pearson

Jenga was there. :)

couldnt miss that.but still no mention of charles signing on full time . got to say it was a good night. love this thread , always.

What an interesting three months.

It all started with an allegation following the BSPA meeting that Jack Holder was signed on a false average of 5 when he should have been a 7. This heralded scores of posts on here of cheating, win at all costs and various other scurrilous remarks aimed at the Somerset promotion.In early January Somerset accepted from the BPSA that Jack was a 7 and proceeded to sign Leigh Lanham instead.

Fast forward a bit and suddenly the BPSA are in serious bother with the Border Agency over irregularities in the signing of non EU riders which affected a great number of clubs in the Prem. Is it not plausible to think( that as has been hinted) that Somerset were given a some sort of ratification that Jack was a 5 and in effect as has been proved with the Border Agency,was duff information.I refuse to accept that after all the dramas over Brady last season the Rebels would fall into that trap again.Do we now point fingers at all the clubs who have signed ineligible non EU riders as trying to pull a fast one ?, shouldnt their promotions made it their business to find out. I would like to think an honest mistake (albeit it a big one) has been made. It is a shame that some people on here are quick to say some crappy things about good people like Gary May , Steve Bishop and all the rest of them down at Somerset when not knowing even some of the whole story.

I personally like most people on here think it is barmy excluding the Aussies and the Yanks from coming here, Speedway is in enough trouble without having them missing.

This thing all sort of started with Jack Holder and Somerset, but as we stand at the moment Somerset have two Aussies who fulfill all of the criteria required by the Border Agency (i believe, but who knows )...........whose breaking the rules now.

Yes, an interesting three months.

Edited by Cliffeboy
  • Like 4

Good signing by the Rebels. Great young rider, exciting to watch with his never say die attitude. Looks like Swindon will have some fixture rearranging to do.

Edited by Pirate Nick
  • Like 1

Good to see Charles has become an asset, a vital part of the Somerset successes over the last two seasons.

• Like 1

Did any Somerset fans go to the Pearson Tatum bash at the OTA ? :o

Plenty thank you :P

Edited by womble53

Plenty thank you :P

Jolly good, hope you enjoyed it. It should have been a good night..

Was just wondering if Cases were still on board for this year? Can't remember what the deal was. Thanks in anticipation.

Was just wondering if Cases were still on board for this year? Can't remember what the deal was. Thanks in anticipation.

Indeed they are DL :D

• Like 1

Not good in terms of exposure for the sponsorship if you, a regular, have to ask that. Sponsorship should be a two=way street, and the club should make as much noise about a continuing deal as they would about a new sponsor taking over.

• Like 5

Not good in terms of exposure for the sponsorship if you, a regular, have to ask that. Sponsorship should be a two=way street, and the club should make as much noise about a continuing deal as they would about a new sponsor taking over.

I suppose the promotion can't be held responsible for my memory loss although I agree with your point. No harm in reminding everyone of the fact even if it is the n'th year of an m year deal. I did assume that Cases were as it had not been announced to the contrary and I would assume an appeal for a new sponsor would have quicky been announced if not. Also the website is still set up as such. It was press releases from other clubs that prompted me to ask.

P.S. Perhaps they are saving it up for after P&P?

Edited by Willowman

good to be back on one of my favourite forums.. just letting you know josh g could be in the poole team in 2015 as darcy has been given a10 month ban,(some of it he has already served ) so lets hope sir matt ford does nor ruin your party.. all the best.. J.