British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAudi

Edinburgh 2015.

Well they are trying to cash in. Because the money they want for fricke is outrageous, that's if it's true what I hear

Depends on if you've heard it from the Edinburgh promotion or gossip

That's a high averaged top 4 if Cook, Masters and Wolbert are the other 3.

Surely Cook isn't going to spend another season in the PL?

Not sure Sedgmen is particularly good value on 6.99 but time will tell.

• Like 1

Justin improved a lot this season riding with Cookie. Amassed a colossal number of bonus points too.

Still young too so still more to come.

• Like 1

Surely Cook isn't going to spend another season in the PL?

Not sure Sedgmen is particularly good value on 6.99 but time will tell.

Good value? Well that's the average he amassed riding in the tricky number 2 slot so of course he is value for it because that is what he averaged over the season.

And again what about Cook. Where is he going to go? The elite league is no longer an elite league, it's dying on it feet. If he can't get enough matches overseas then how is going to earn a living. This whole lets bash Craig Cook thing starts to get a bit old to be honest.

• Like 1

Good value as in whether he can improve on it. Not sure he can personally but fair play to him if he proves me wrong.

Not bashing Cook at all but as a GB fan I'd like to see him fulfill his potential, for me he still has improvement in him but won't ever realise it while riding in the PL. Look at how Jason Doyle blossomed this year.

Would have him at Lynn like a shot, and hopefully he can secure contracts in Poland & Sweden too.

• Like 2

Good value as in whether he can improve on it. Not sure he can personally but fair play to him if he proves me wrong.

Not bashing Cook at all but as a GB fan I'd like to see him fulfill his potential, for me he still has improvement in him but won't ever realise it while riding in the PL. Look at how Jason Doyle blossomed this year.

Would have him at Lynn like a shot, and hopefully he can secure contracts in Poland & Sweden too.

Personally I don't see any value of riding in the elite league these days. It's not that much better than the premier. The fast track reserves and the lack of top line guys in the top league. Riding in sweden or Poland would be the key issues. They would allow him to ride on new tracks against top line opposition. Until the elite league in the uk gets its house in order in terms of structure, regular fixtures and the return of top line riders then it's no wonder there is no clear pathway for guys like Craig

Think people need to stop moan about cookie every set of fans would love him in there team,he'll step up when he's ready,double up

means more cash,if he's not wanted we would like him at the ota for sure

Edited by coomie
  • Like 3

If glasgow cant sign lawson then cook would be more than welcome at glasgow

• Like 1

Personally I don't see any value of riding in the elite league these days. It's not that much better than the premier. The fast track reserves and the lack of top line guys in the top league. Riding in sweden or Poland would be the key issues. They would allow him to ride on new tracks against top line opposition. Until the elite league in the uk gets its house in order in terms of structure, regular fixtures and the return of top line riders then it's no wonder there is no clear pathway for guys like Craig

If it's not much better than the Premier, how come said Mr Cook and his double-up chums have such different averages between the two leagues?

• Like 3

If glasgow cant sign lawson then cook would be more than welcome at glasgow

Relevance to the thread......eh none

If it's not much better than the Premier, how come said Mr Cook and his double-up chums have such different averages between the two leagues?

The league and race structure has seen lots of riders riding in certain positions drop their averages. Not just cook, wioffinden, Harris etc.....if you want to carry on pretending the elite league is amazing no bother pal. Not really interested to be honest pedantic smart arses on this forum do my head in. It's why folks move away from this forum and onto Facebook, Twitter etc...

Relevance to the thread......eh none

The league and race structure has seen lots of riders riding in certain positions drop their averages. Not just cook, wioffinden, Harris etc.....if you want to carry on pretending the elite league is amazing no bother pal. Not really interested to be honest pedantic smart arses on this forum do my head in. It's why folks move away from this forum and onto Facebook, Twitter etc...

Well I'm on there as well, so I'll be looking out for more pearls of wisdom from you.

My team is a premier league team but get real of course the elite is stronger.

Cook 9+ in the premier and a mile away in the elite.

If Cook is happy in the premier then thats his choice. Fact remains he will never realise his true potential while he does, and has a long way to go to be mentioned in the same breath as true premier league/national league legends

Anyway lets get back on topic can see us lining up along the lines of

1. Cook 9.19
  2. assessed 5 pointer who can hopefully average that
  3. Sedgmen 6.99
  4. Wolbert 6.19
  5. Masters 8.23
  6. Clegg 3.00
  7. Fox 3.50

comes to a total of 42.1

or instead of a 5 pointer the dark lord can get wee Joe a 0.6 reduction that will put him on a 5.4 team total of 42.5 on the nose.

Edited by Mr Blobby