British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAudi

Edinburgh 2015.

Craig has still to do himself proper justice in the Elite League. But it's laughable to suggest he wouldn't have made a British final 20 years ago. Runner-up last year ahead of Nicholls and Harris.

Incredible how so many feel the need to jump in and comment.

• Like 1

I notice Cook threw a paddy for Belle Vue at Wolves and sulked again. Shocking attitude.

Was even beaten by Bates as well.

As ive said before he has reached his potential. Top premier league rider and average elite league one. British Number 2 at a time when the uk has only 3 top riders in Tai Nicholls and Harris he would more than likely never even made a British Final 20 years ago.

Still he is a class act for you boys so you cant complain, however i think Masters may get a better average this year

Seems there's a bridge missing a Troll...

• Like 1

Craig has still to do himself proper justice in the Elite League. But it's laughable to suggest he wouldn't have made a British final 20 years ago. Runner-up last year ahead of Nicholls and Harris.

1994 British Final line up.

Smith , Screen , Schoey, Havelock, Barker, Doncaster, Loram, Dugard , Cross ,Louis, Tatum, Knight, Howe, Mullett, Hurry , Mckinna

Apart from maybe Mckinna and Howe is Cook a better rider than any of the above?

10 World Finalists

2 World Champions

3 more who stood on the rostrum.

No mate just making an observation and have said Cook is great for Edinburgh

[/quote

he aint coming under my bridge...

I notice Cook threw a paddy for Belle Vue at Wolves and sulked again. Shocking attitude.

Was even beaten by Bates as well.

As ive said before he has reached his potential. Top premier league rider and average elite league one. British Number 2 at a time when the uk has only 3 top riders in Tai Nicholls and Harris he would more than likely never even made a British Final 20 years ago.

Still he is a class act for you boys so you cant complain, however i think Masters may get a better average this year

First EL meeting of the season didn't have good be deal plenty more meetings left to get going.

Your very quick to slate hime but never congradulate him when he has done something good .

For example you banged on all last season about he won't improve he needs to go to poland blah blah blah he got himself a spot in poland and not peep from you.

Anyway should you not have better things to do like continue your obsession with everything poole on their thread...

Edited by Mr Blobby

Just like on Facebook?

Your right Mr Blooby, they are obsessed with Craig.......maybe they should think about their own riders.....start talking them up

Is it obsession or is it jealousy......mmmmm let me think!!

Dear me its quite pathetic really. Are you not allowed to make an observation on riders without fans jumping on you.

Cook is a top premier league rider.

Will he ever be a gp rider? No

WIll he be a top elite league rider ? No

Its not jealousy i would love Cook as my number one at Ipswich.

I point out coming 2nd in the British Final, although a good achievement is not comparable to British Finals 20 years ago yet im told thats laughable. Is it?

Its about time he went to Poland and well done at last but its probably 2 years to late

Dear me its quite pathetic really. Are you not allowed to make an observation on riders without fans jumping on you.

Cook is a top premier league rider.

Will he ever be a gp rider? No

WIll he be a top elite league rider ? No

Its not jealousy i would love Cook as my number one at Ipswich.

Why do you feel the need to jump on his back though? First EL meeting of the season and he doesn't have a good one and you come on an edinburgh thread to have a go at him, when really there is no need to.

Anyway why are you having a go at him on an Edinburgh thread? should you not be posting this on a belle Vue thread as it is Belle Vue that he isn't doing as well for?

First EL meeting of the season didn't have good be deal plenty more meetings left to get going.

Your very quick to slate hime but never congradulate him when he has done something good .

For example you banged on all last season about he won't improve he needs to go to poland blah blah blah he got himself a spot in poland and not peep from you.

Anyway should you not have better things to do like continue your obsession with everything poole on their thread...

Its one thing him being part of Gorzows squad, whether he will actually make the team for any league meetings I have my doubts but if he does and he then does well I'm sure people will congratulate him.

I point out coming 2nd in the British Final, although a good achievement is not comparable to British Finals 20 years ago yet im told thats laughable. Is it?

You've changed the comment though - of course coming second in 2014 isn't as good as coming second in 1994 but it's certainly more than the equivalent of just qualifying.

What always amazes me though is the attention paid by fans of other clubs to Craig Cook, and the eagerness to jeer every time he doesn't have a good meeting. How about Ben Barker, Josh Auty, Eddie Kennett, Richie Worrall? None of them have gone as far as they should but don't get this attention. Simon Stead gets huge praise just for being good at Sheffield!

I'm not criticising any of these riders, it's up to everyone just to do their best. Until late last year I had seen every meeting Cook has had for Edinburgh and I don't have the slightest doubt that if he could ride as well in the EL as he does in the PL he would score much more heavily. As yet he has found it hard to ride with the same fluency and confidence.

Maybe he will go on to achieve more and maybe he won't but let's wait and see. Jason Doyle is a prime example of someone very good in the PL who has suddenly gone to a higher level - possibly because he was forced out of the PL. Until 2013 Cook had more than the measure of Doyle in the Premier League, and Doyle had been around that division longer than Cook had.

• Like 2

You've changed the comment though - of course coming second in 2014 isn't as good as coming second in 1994 but it's certainly more than the equivalent of just qualifying.

What always amazes me though is the attention paid by fans of other clubs to Craig Cook, and the eagerness to jeer every time he doesn't have a good meeting. How about Ben Barker, Josh Auty, Eddie Kennett, Richie Worrall? None of them have gone as far as they should but don't get this attention. Simon Stead gets huge praise just for being good at Sheffield!

I'm not criticising any of these riders, it's up to everyone just to do their best. Until late last year I had seen every meeting Cook has had for Edinburgh and I don't have the slightest doubt that if he could ride as well in the EL as he does in the PL he would score much more heavily. As yet he has found it hard to ride with the same fluency and confidence.

Maybe he will go on to achieve more and maybe he won't but let's wait and see. Jason Doyle is a prime example of someone very good in the PL who has suddenly gone to a higher level - possibly because he was forced out of the PL. Until 2013 Cook had more than the measure of Doyle in the Premier League, and Doyle had been around that division longer than Cook had.

Cook doesn't do himself any favours with his Facebook ,Twitter comments .I Personaly am not on these sites yet I seem to always be hearing about his comments through this forum.

Your right Mr Blooby, they are obsessed with Craig.......maybe they should think about their own riders.....start talking them up

Is it obsession or is it jealousy......mmmmm let me think!!

Mr Blooby?

Cheers for giving us that one.

How can us Tigers posters refrain from using? ;)

As for obsession or jealousy, does the same logic apply to stadiums and owners investing large sums of money?

Or opposing team line-ups?

Or other track's admission prices?

Or dogs?

Edited by george.m

I've said it loads of times I would love Cook at Ipswich. Even if he rode for us he would still be a bit of a prat with his comments and ego but you would want him in your team. All I'm saying is he needs to grow up and mature a bit and in my opinion he isnt going to get any higher in the sport

• Like 1

Cook doesn't do himself any favours with his Facebook ,Twitter comments .I Personaly am not on these sites yet I seem to always be hearing about his comments through this forum.

Cook is a gob sh...

who's decent in the PL and like a fish out of water anywhere else, never be a GP rider , spits his dummy out when anyone dare criticise him. Needs to keep a look out because

before long he'll lose that no 1 jacket to Masters

Edited by jamlad
  • Like 2