British Speedway Forum
paul90210

Coventry Storm 2015

so 8.49 left either Stefan Nielsen, josh bates, liam carr or ben hopwood

Nielsen is ineligible, Bates is apparently not doing NL this year and Carr is injured.

Nielsen is ineligible, Bates is apparently not doing NL this year and Carr is injured.

well that narrows it down a bit :D

• Like 1

So Stefan Farnaby signs at reserve. Don't know a lot about him to be honest.

:lol::lol::lol::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Could be a long season looking at a few of the other teams.

Ritchings is on a bargain average no doubts about that and if it is Crang then I think it can be a breakthrough year for him. Lower order may be a problem but it's a bit of an unknown with most sides with new riders. Not looking the best on paper but I'd suggest not the worst either.

• Like 1

As you say maybe not the best, and definately not the worst, outside chance of the play offs, depending who that No1 is.

As you say maybe not the best, and definately not the worst, outside chance of the play offs, depending who that No1 is.

Anybody who rides cheaply or for nothing! Budget Storm.. :lol:

Edited by Ron

Last years NL was a total farce due to the uneven distribution of top riders, but this year we seem to have gone completely the other way with all teams I've seen looking little better than MDL standard. We look as though we've got 4 reserves and no heatleaders so far!

At least I'll save some money as it doesn't look like away meetings will be worth bothering with!

• Like 2

Last years NL was a total farce due to the uneven distribution of top riders, but this year we seem to have gone completely the other way with all teams I've seen looking little better than MDL standard. We look as though we've got 4 reserves and no heatleaders so far!

At least I'll save some money as it doesn't look like away meetings will be worth bothering with!

I agree, i know Rob Branford wanted to do NL and had a deal stitched up until the point limit changed, and i bet hes not the only one.

Junior

To be fair, the points limit had to be set low to ensure that all teams were competitive and avoid the fact that last season there weren't enough top riders to go around.

Its possible that they have gone a little too low but its easy to be wise in hindsight.

On the basis of what we have so far, I think the NL will be enormously competitive, will just about hit the standard required to attract paying customers and is packed full of British youngsters. That hits the nail firmly on the head for me and I suspect I will be watching more NL speedway next season than I have for a few years.

• Like 4

I think Storm have 3 genuine heat leaders. Greenwood and Crang average over 7 and will no doubt improve on that and many thought Ritchings would've achieved 8 if he rode last year. Bottom End is an unknown but most others will be the same.