British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Grachan

More Visa Problems On The Way For Aussie Riders?

Have you ever applied for a marriage (fiancee visa) ? for the UK, you cant just come here and get married, you need a visa to do it. :wink: , Spouse visa, Family visa, Visit visa, you name it, you need it.

This is very true, although if you have a visa that allows you into the UK for more than 6 months you can transfer to a spouse visa without having to leave the country and reapply.

Also, being married to a British citizen does not automatically allow you to live in the uk. There are extra conditions, including the finances of the person you marry.

Have you ever applied for a marriage (fiancee visa) ? for the UK, you cant just come here and get married, you need a visa to do it. :wink: , Spouse visa, Family visa, Visit visa, you name it, you need it.

But once you are married it helps. Unlike owning a property or having a child. Although I do agree it's not as easy as it used to be.

Edited by TMW

How many months do you have to apply for this in advance?

You have to apply before your current one expires. Which means you have to sort your deal out ASAP really.

You have to apply before your current one expires. Which means you have to sort your deal out ASAP really.

The earlier AGM will help with this so that team building can take place earlier, one good thing out of this years meeting.

• Like 1

The earlier AGM will help with this so that team building can take place earlier, one good thing out of this years meeting.

Thank god for the BSPA waking up to try and get with the modern world of Speedway.

Aussies have to have a job to come back for before they land back on Oz soil, this way there is a good chance they could sign a contract before they go back.

If you go to 'General Discussions' section of this forum, plenty on there are calling for immigration to be reduced if not the drawbridge to be pulled up completely. Yet when it comes to speedway, somehow there should be completely different rules, including entreaties for riders to be excused when they break them.

When I last looked at the Border Agency criteria for issuing speedway work permits, they were a bit of an ass, but considering they're apparently drafted in consultation with the BSPA, then I'd firmly point the finger there. This said, why should it be made any easier for an Australian of German origin rather than a German to come and ride in Britain?

Humphrey, I don't think our Queen is constitutional monarch of Germany, as she is for Australia. I see some connection with the Commonwealth countries. Although not sure if it works both ways!

Thank you

Humphrey, I don't think our Queen is constitutional monarch of Germany, as she is for Australia. I see some connection with the Commonwealth countries. Although not sure if it works both ways!

Our monarch used to be the Elector of Hanover, and Deutschland Uber Alles was composed in Heligoland, which was British at the time!

Our monarch used to be the Elector of Hanover, and Deutschland Uber Alles was composed in Heligoland, which was British at the time!

Did Hitler & Co. know of these UK monarchist links with Germany?

A Jason Doyle comment about riding in three leagues in 2015 - "It’s good for my career to be in all the top leagues in the world. Hopefully I can have a good season and carry it on into the GP.”

How does that equate against Tai Woffinden's decision?

A Jason Doyle comment about riding in three leagues in 2015 - "Its good for my career to be in all the top leagues in the world. Hopefully I can have a good season and carry it on into the GP.

How does that equate against Tai Woffinden's decision?

How many of last year's GP top 3 rode full time in all three leagues?

What about the previous season? or the two before that?

I make it two out of 12 (holder in 2012 and nki in 2013). Would suggest if you want to concentrate on winning the gp, it makes sense to limit yourself to two leagues.

Doyle isnt going to be in the hunt for the title, so can see the logic in him riding (and earning) as much as he can

I really do think you need some sort of British League experience to do well at GP level. There are a fair few smaller tracks in the series now.